Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Global warming as a human-generated issue is a lie driven by an agenda.
We can't answer the question,  how is our environment compared to what it would be if our population were "normal" for the planet,

as it's the nature of a species that has no natural enemies to overwhelm  the resources at hand until a famine situation is created

that brings the population back under control.  But with our intelligence,  we may be able to avert that and sustain a high population

level that no other creature no earth can equal.

So with no reference as to what's "normal" or not,  we can't give an honest answer on whether or not we're causing it.

Of course the climate is changing a bit.  It always does that.  A period of no change is the most abnormal thing imaginable.

But we don't know how much of a factor we play in it.

CJ

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Anthropogenic climate change is a lie used to separate you from your liberty.

Global Warming as a part of a cycle of nature (between Ice Ages), yep, that is a scientific certainty.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
What is insane is that public universities and colleges are spending tax dollars to purchase carbon credits.  I'm talking hundreds of thousands of dollars in some cases being taken from money that should fund higher ed and being wasted on carbon credits.

"Sustainability" is now as popular a word as "diversity" for the liberals. If I hear sustainability used one more time in a meeting my head might explode.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Its been hotter in the past and colder in the past than it is now. Global Warming is mostly bad science, the rest of it is wishful thinking and pure lies.

Several years ago, before all the Global Warming BS became a major deal, I heard a meteorologist on the radio who was talking about the temperature data that was just starting to come out showing how temps were rising dramatically. He was traveling around looking at the weather stations being used to gather this data. He found several things. The original spec on weather stations, we've all seen those white boxes with the slats, required they be white washed. White wash is no longer available and the latex being used to paint them now has much different heat absorption characteristics. Likewise stations that originally were isolated out in some field were now suddenly in the middle of a parking lot, next to a building, and in one case, he stated, he observed a weather station that was located at a fire station and regularly exposed to the hot exhaust of fans in a training burn structure.

He was being vilified by "real" scientist for his phony concerns over the data collection methods being used to promote the increase in temps. He said something like 50% of the weather stations currently in use are failed in some way or other.  

Same thing with NOAA's weather satellite. A lot of it's data was used to make al gores "hockey stick" graph.  
It would do things like take readings of 800 degree's over Lake Michigan.  The program was automated, and would average temperatures over time for it's reports.  So basically the results were skewed REALLY bad, and no one caught it for a long time till they went through and looked at the individual recordings.  OOPS!

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Anthropogenic global warming? Yes, it's a lie.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
We don't know enough to say it is a lie, or the truth.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Until they can tell me when and were hurricanes will hit next season I will not believe in global warming in 10-50 years.
They can't even accurately predict if will rain tomorrow.
The only job I know where it does not matter if you are wrong and still get paid.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#8]
AGW is unproven.

If the solution to AGW involved lower taxes and less government spending it would be denounced as a fraud by the same people who support it now. For most of them, it's not really about science; it's just another vehicle on which to hang their predisposition towards running your life for you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Is that man-made global warming?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Global warming is real.  It's been going on for about 10,000 years.

How much of it is due to human activity is highly questionable.

+1

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First post wins.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#12]
A lie. And it's not a matter of 'belief'. The fraud and collusion between a slew of academic marxists has been well documented and exposed. Just do a search on 'ClimateGate' and see all the emails divulged, revealing hte corrupt bastards at the foul dark heart of the movement conspiring to distort or conceal data that didn't jibe with their predetermined conclusions.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Climate Change is real.

Global Warming is a scare tactic label for a natural process.

Snow caps melt causing Europe to receive more snow, causing the earth to reflect more light and actually cool the northern hemispheres again creating new ice. One giant circle jerk of melting and freezing.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Global Warming is a lie while global warming has been true in the past.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]
It is not global warming, it is climate change and it has been happening on this planet since day 1. Mankind cannot or will not effect this natural cycle. PERIOD. Fuck those enviroMENTAL extremists.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:10:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Politicians and scientists both have an interest in promoting the man made warming bs. They want your money and your freedom.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#18]
As presented by ALGORE and his ilk, a lie.

The globe is always changing, they are like the new Greeks trying to explain the unexplainable with myths.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Not a lie at all.  The lie is that WE have anything to do with it.  We don't.  The earth does this shit.  Always has, always will.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Just be grateful that your country didnt need to make deals with the Greens party to scrape together enough seats to form a minority government, and thus turn around within 4 months of forming government and announce a Carbon Tax, when leading up to the election you emphatically denied it. Australia has a taken significant shift to the far left. Because its worked out so well in Europe

The fucking lying cunt.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just wondering. Never done a poll, this is kind of a test run I'm going to try and figure it out

Anthropic Global Warming, sure....The 'Greens,' i.e Marxists have co-opted all thing environmental, especially the Global Warming issue. Why? Money and control.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:36:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

This.

I don't believe in man made global warming.

It's undeniable that shits getting warmer. At some point it will start to get colder. Rinse, repeat.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#23]
it is sun spots . I remember global cooling in the 70's and the upcoming Ice age
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#24]
The earth is warming due to an increase in solar flare activity.  NOT because of carbon footprints...that is the biggest fucking scam in the history of the world.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#25]
It's a scam.

Follow the money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Al Gore is an opportunistic prick who sells an exaggerated "Global Warming" product for posterity and money.

Barack Obama on the other hand, well, just fuck him.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Anthropogenic? No. It is a natural chaotic system. At one point the entire surface was molten rock.

If anything it is cooling, slowly. Entropy, you know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Its been hotter in the past and colder in the past than it is now. Global Warming is mostly bad science, the rest of it is wishful thinking and pure lies.

Several years ago, before all the Global Warming BS became a major deal, I heard a meteorologist on the radio who was talking about the temperature data that was just starting to come out showing how temps were rising dramatically. He was traveling around looking at the weather stations being used to gather this data. He found several things. The original spec on weather stations, we've all seen those white boxes with the slats, required they be white washed. White wash is no longer available and the latex being used to paint them now has much different heat absorption characteristics. Likewise stations that originally were isolated out in some field were now suddenly in the middle of a parking lot, next to a building, and in one case, he stated, he observed a weather station that was located at a fire station and regularly exposed to the hot exhaust of fans in a training burn structure.

He was being vilified by "real" scientist for his phony concerns over the data collection methods being used to promote the increase in temps. He said something like 50% of the weather stations currently in use are failed in some way or other.  

http://www.norcalblogs.com/watts/weather_stations/

Read on down that page.  This is what XD_Fan is talking about.  Keep reading, keep going, keep going.

Now, repeat after me... "Scientists say..."

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Man made yes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Man made or just running the course? I don't buy the man made version
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Voted YES thinking the OP was talking about MMGW.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Manbearpig.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

MMGW is an invalid proposition. There is no evidence to make the claim, it is simply a "what if".

MMGW can not be considered knowledge in any way.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Remember that Dark Ages were called that because of several hundred years of long cold dark winters. The Renaissance coincided with a warming period, with the subsequent greater crop yields.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#35]
It's funny how we have been industrialized for what? 200+ years and think we know everything about the planet.

When I see a Tsunami, earthquake, volcano, hurricane, tornado, etc... I am reminded that we are just mere guests on this planet and we can do very little if anythng to stand in the way of mother nature.

I do believe that with pollution we can affect the air we breath, at least the air immediately around the pollution. However, man made or man caused global warming is the most bullshit lie ever made...and people buy into it! I believe in conservation, using only what you need, but I am far from a enviro nazi....
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I've been in the Everest region in Nepal. I've seen the moraines left by glaciers as they retreated up the valley. I've seen old photos(80 year old)of those same glaciers. Those
glaciers used to extend much further than today. At the very least there has been a warming trend lasting decades.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#37]
The earths temperature has never been real consistant. So anyone running around saying we are going to burn or we are going to freeze, is right. The time to worry is when the temp stays constant...
Adapt or die!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Global warming is real.  It's been going on for about 10,000 5,000,000,000 years.

Fixt.

There is no such thing as a "stable climate", the earth has warmed and cooled repeatedly throughout its history.

Especially since the beginning of the Quaternary Period some 2 million years ago:  There have been dozens of ice ages since then, most lasting about 50,000 years, interspersed with short periods of warm climate lasting between 10,000 and 30,000 years.

There is a school of thought that the "Little Ice Age" from the 1500's to the 1850's was actually the beginning of a "Big Ice Age" which was forestalled by the increased CO2 emitted by the Industrial Revolution.  If true, then it would wonderful to watch the heads explode when we find out that mankind's burning of fossil fuels actually saved us from a frozen apocalypse.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#39]
No, it's real.

Just like it was real after the last ice age ended, you know, before we were even here.....

Gee, could it be that big glowing orange thingy way up in the sky, how active it is, and our proximity to it?

NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Gotta be my SUV.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Prove it.

You can't, it does not exist.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

this... anthropocentric global warming is horse poop
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm probably completely off and thinking very simply

Put one running lawn mower in a closed garage and see how it affects the temp.
Now put 100s of running cars in a closed stadium with no air exchange.  
Now put millions of cars, boats, planes, wood stoves, factory's, fires, people etc on the planet.  Seems we must be doing something.

But then again I'm more concerned about crazy people killing us off then the planet.  The planet is all of the problem of all the spoiled children that are not actually being raised anymore.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Now put millions of cars, boats, planes, wood stoves, factory's, fires, people etc on the planet.  Seems we must be doing something.

But then again I'm more concerned about crazy people killing us off then the planet.  The planet is all of the problem of all the spoiled children that are not actually being raised anymore.

There is this thing called photosynthesis, don't forget to add plants, water vapor, giant oceans, and biospheres to your garage experiment.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Thats true, but there is less and less of that every year and more and more of us, cars, factories etc.  I still think we are having some effect.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Which part of it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just be grateful that your country didnt need to make deals with the Greens party to scrape together enough seats to form a minority government, and thus turn around within 4 months of forming government and announce a Carbon Tax, when leading up to the election you emphatically denied it. Australia has a taken significant shift to the far left. Because its worked out so well in Europe

The fucking lying cunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMVc0IbtyAQ

That's sad, since Australia is the second coolest country in the world (after Texas).
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Thats true, but there is less and less of that every year and more and more of us, cars, factories etc.  I still think we are having some effect.

Photosynthesis?  How?  Biomass is increasing.  And then there are the seas where most photosynthesis happens.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Follow the money and the agenda...it is a lie born from a lie. Largest scam in history.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#49]
global warming may be true.

man mad global warming is a lie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well, at least you were right about something.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top