Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

And an even LARGER Jewish Mosque on the third side.

That Id like to see.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That Id like to see.

Hebrew Church of White Supremacy and Tolerance
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Or even a Synagogue for that matter.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Wait till the ground is cleared and slaughter a bunch of pigs......as bloody as possible........cover the soil in it.......
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 7:14:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:01:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop the builders and you stop the building.

Isn't NYC full of unions construction workers? Is there really a self-respecting NY construction worker that would lift one finger to build this?
I'm guessing not all construction has to be done by union but still... if not the thugs from the union bullying them then how about the organized crime...

They will import them from Saudi and Obama will personally approve the visas.

That is probably not too far off from the truth...
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:05:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Let them build it.

But find out where the money came from (Saudi) and eliminate all foreign aid unless they allow Christian Churches to be built in their country.

They like to partake in our religious freedom. They should allow it there as well. If not, why should we give them money?
As we know the above won't happen, just use as much public pressure as we can to stop it.  If that doesn't work, then forget about it.  Freedom isn't always pleasant.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:10:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm rather proud the members here didn't fall for the obvious troll thread.  

Why would you consider it that? I think it is a very legit question. A lot of people want to "ban" building the mosque but have given no thought about the slippery slope that presents. Kind of along the same lines of people who like the idea of drones taking out US citizens accused of being terrorists that are not even in combat zones. Never give the government unconstitutional powers that the next administration may use against you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 3:22:17 AM EDT
[#9]
My likely-to-be-forgotten-or-ignored answer:

Raise enough money to buy the land yourself.  All you have to do after that is not build a mosque there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Stop being intolerant. Just let them build it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 6:54:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We are the intolerant ones? It's not like we are asking to behead them for lack of sensitivity for the mosque's location or wanting to take over our culture and our country...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100903/wl_nm/us_dutch_wilders

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/09/al-qaeda-names-three-motoonists-to-death-list.html

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

No, I don't think most Muslim are evil or really want to convert or kill all us infidels. I would have said the same thing about most Germans before Hitler rose to power. You see, you don't have to have all the people against another class of people to end up with a very bad situation. You simply have to understand basic human psychology and that there are a lot of stupid people out there. You can get the average Joe to kill his neighbor even without something like Islam telling him to do it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

Link Posted: 9/3/2010 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Or you could try my approach: not give a damn what someone builds on their own private property as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else or deprive anyone else of their liberty.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but could that also not be seen simply as apathy? How close do we have to get to imposing Sharia law, when it will impact how we live our lives, to start to give a damn?

Was this tongue in cheek, or are you literally convinced that Sharia law is close to being enforced in America?  I can't tell any more.

It's born of the same idiocy that claims the mosque/center in NY (it's not at ground zero) is a 'victory taunt' of some sort...

Namely the belief that all Muslims are the enemy, rather than a small bunch of radicals....

A few bad apples...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who would have guessed 20 years ago that the most common name in Holland today would be Mohammed?

All I can say is WOW. I can't wait to see how this is relevant to the building of the Mosque, or even relevant to the US.

Another example of why my comment was relevant...

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2010/August/Islamization-of-Paris-a-Warning-to-the-West/

Why should we expect to be immune to the same outcome?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a good solution for how you would stop the mosque from being built? Given that our politicians have failed us in so many ways over the years, and they are already drunk with too much power, I would not want them to have the power to stop any church from being built. I also believe building a mosque there is a symbol on conquest for Islam over us "infidels". Islam stands against everything that is American. Yet being American also means all the cooks and nuts are free to believe in whatever religion they want to believe, to peacefully assemble, and to have free speech even if it they call for our destruction.

I'm not really sure what would be the right or constitutionally sound American way to stop a mosque at ground zero. Off the top of my head I say we raise so much money that the current owner can't resist selling it to us and then we put in a Hooters Restaurant in its place.

I really don't have a good solution. Any ideas?

Hire Guido and/or his family over in Jersey.  They can fix about any kind of problem like that in New York.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#15]
If everyone just quits giving a shit, it will stop.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry... this lot is not zone for Jihad.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or you could try my approach: not give a damn what someone builds on their own private property as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else or deprive anyone else of their liberty.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, but could that also not be seen simply as apathy? How close do we have to get to imposing Sharia law, when it will impact how we live our lives, to start to give a damn?

Was this tongue in cheek, or are you literally convinced that Sharia law is close to being enforced in America?  I can't tell any more.

It's born of the same idiocy that claims the mosque/center in NY (it's not at ground zero) is a 'victory taunt' of some sort...

Namely the belief that all Muslims are the enemy, rather than a small bunch of radicals....

A few bad apples...

are an enemy we can beat - with the help of our allies, including other Muslims.

'The Entire Muslim World' is not.

Only an idiot looks at a war, and wishes 'Hey, I wish we had MORE folks on the enemy's side'...

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A few bad apples...

are an enemy we can beat - with the help of our allies, including other Muslims.

'The Entire Muslim World' is not.

Only an idiot looks at a war, and wishes 'Hey, I wish we had MORE folks on the enemy's side'...

And only an idiot looks at a war and says, "Hey, let's just tinker around on the margins and see if we can hoodwink our enemies in about 10 years.  Let's just see if we can contain this scourge and stop it from growing.  But, above all let's not let's not take the advantage to our side with assymetry of destruction.   Let's just make sure that only works on the enemy's side and for their benefit and welfare.".

A very wise general once said:

"War means fighting. The business of the soldier is to fight. Armies are not called out to dig trenches, to throw up breastworks, to live in camps, but to find the enemy and strike him; to invade his country, and do him all possible damage in the shortest possible time. This will involve great destruction of life and property while it lasts; but such a war will of necessity be of brief continuance, and so would be an economy of life and property in the end."

––T. J. Jackson

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Raise enough money to buy the land yourself.  All you have to do after that is not build a mosque there.

I've been saying that for years
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Does anyone have a good solution for how you would stop the mosque from being built? Given that our politicians have failed us in so many ways over the years, and they are already drunk with too much power, I would not want them to have the power to stop any church from being built. I also believe building a mosque there is a symbol on conquest for Islam over us "infidels". Islam stands against everything that is American. Yet being American also means all the cooks and nuts are free to believe in whatever religion they want to believe, to peacefully assemble, and to have free speech even if it they call for our destruction.

I'm not really sure what would be the right or constitutionally sound American way to stop a mosque at ground zero. Off the top of my head I say we raise so much money that the current owner can't resist selling it to us and then we put in a Hooters Restaurant in its place.

I really don't have a good solution. Any ideas?

Freedom of religion is all or nothing. We either let religion be practiced as people see fit, or we aren't America any longer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait till the ground is cleared and slaughter a bunch of pigs......as bloody as possible........cover the soil in it.......

What ground and soil?  They are using an existing building
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You can't stop Muslims from building a mosque at ground zero, it is totally unacceptable to American standards of political correctness to oppose our enemies. We must cower to Muslim supremacy as we must cower to all other PC supremacy, that is the way of America now, you and I are WRONG and our enemies who want to kill us are right, that's all we need to know.

best response i've ever read on the site about this subject, M4-Stag in the Georgia HTF got the ban hammer over this topic from what i undestand his statement wasn't even that offensive, from what other posters have said. i really fear for America, and for all that post about "you don't care" i find that the typical American attitude about almost everything now
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can't stop Muslims from building a mosque at ground zero, it is totally unacceptable to American standards of political correctness to oppose our enemies. We must cower to Muslim supremacy as we must cower to all other PC supremacy, that is the way of America now, you and I are WRONG and our enemies who want to kill us are right, that's all we need to know.

best response i've ever read on the site about this subject, M4-Stag in the Georgia HTF got the ban hammer over this topic from what i undestand his statement wasn't even that offensive, from what other posters have said. i really fear for America, and for all that post about "you don't care" i find that the typical American attitude about almost everything now

Well, one thing to do is look at the example of the Brooklyn NY Mosque where Ramsey Yussof and the Blind Shek met to plan and receive blessings for the ANFO bomb in the basement of the Trade Center Feb. 1993.  I am sure that Mosque has been shut down now and turned into a museum for the curious taking holiday in NYC to tour and make photographs.  Kinda like Ripleys Believe it or Not.  "See here is where the bomber sat and planned the attack."   Yussof went on to be the mastermind of the second twin tower bombing on 9/11.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are the intolerant ones? It's not like we are asking to behead them for lack of sensitivity for the mosque's location or wanting to take over our culture and our country...

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/09/al-qaeda-names-three-motoonists-to-death-list.html

No, I don't think most Muslim are evil or really want to convert or kill all us infidels. I would have said the same thing about most Germans before Hitler rose to power. You see, you don't have to have all the people against another class of people to end up with a very bad situation. You simply have to understand basic human psychology and that there are a lot of stupid people out there. You can get the average Joe to kill his neighbor even without something like Islam telling him to do it:

Yes, you are the intolerant ones.  You're lumping all Muslims into some group of "beheaders", and then using that as an excuse to claim you're treating "them" no differently than "they'd" treat us.  It's some primitive ass form of tribalism.

Sure, some of them are fucking savages who need a bullet in the brain.  There are plenty of Americans of all stripes who also need a bullet in the brain and a kick in the corpse-ass into a garbage dump too, they're clogging our prisons and many of them are just walking around free.

I do like the idea of opening a strip club next to it, though.  Maybe one that sells pork sandwiches (call it the "Ali's Whore Menstrual Blood Pork Pulled Sandwich", just a name of course).  Maybe have the strippers dress up as muhammad and other blasphemous acts.  If they ignore it and go about their business then they're cool, otherwise they're the problematic muslims.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#25]
peacefully block all the streets to it if the start construction
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:27:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I do like the idea of opening a strip club next to it, though.  Maybe one that sells pork sandwiches (call it the "Ali's Whore Menstrual Blood Pork Pulled Sandwich", just a name of course).  Maybe have the strippers dress up as muhammad and other blasphemous acts.  If they ignore it and go about their business then they're cool, otherwise they're the problematic muslims.

What does muhammad look like?

Maybe have them dress as the muslim of the year?  Google for the image
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Like the Kevin Glodek that offered $18 Million and wanted to build condo's and retail? Or the other developer that offered $17 Million? Both offers were made before the El-Gamal made his winning $4.8 million bid....... The whole situation is fubar.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Sound off and don't shut up.

I would say massed displays of public outrage combined with appealing to or pressuring anyone doing business with the project to walk away or not get involved along with an avalanche of civil litigation.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#30]
"Just a few household chemicals in the proper proportions."

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

WTF is a Jewish mosque?

do you even know what you're talking about?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their behavior should not be the metric for ours. How they act should have literally NOTHING to do with how we act.

I hold us to a higher standard because we have something as special and unique as the US Constitution as our benchmark. If others want to debase themselves, that is their loss.

I prefer the view from the moral high road. The air is cleaner.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top