BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
SP1 remains in the top seat of the WIFEY of the year.

Large replacement purchases and vodka is always a good thing.

Woman rule no 1.
Once you get the new couch..well you notice that all the other furniture just looks uhhhh worn. Then with new furniture the carpet and flooring doesn't match. Of course the wall have to have some fresh paint and paper. Time for new pics INCLUDING A family one.
Gosh these things have a way of just being a continual reminder never to rough house in the living room.
Ever......

Well, I'm not replacing it right away for some of these reasons. The living room is off the kitchen...accessed thru the den (or computer room).
The wall separating the den/kitchen MUST come down (eventually). I'm looking at a major kitchen overhaul in the next few years. I KNOW once I do that, and the wall is gone, it's going to change the den/living room appearance...so new furniture will be considered.
<<sigh>> I doubt the dang couch will last THAT long...but I am not ready to replace it yet.

And Sig??? I LOVE that freaken Vacuum.
I'm a clean freak and that thing is DA BOMB!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The capt is turning the big 4 0 next month..... so tag for future reference.  

I could never come up with a plan better than SuperGrrl's.

And yes, the Dyson rocks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Change the admin and his passwords on all the computers in the house.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That only works if you have an account w/ rights to do it.  Or since you probably have physical access, if you can crack the password to an admin account.  Depending on the situation you might be breaking the law if you don't have admin rights on the system in the first place.  Bad idea.  Even if it's illegal you don't start locking people out of their computer w/o permission.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That only works if you have an account w/ rights to do it.  Or since you probably have physical access, if you can crack the password to an admin account.  Depending on the situation you might be breaking the law if you don't have admin rights on the system in the first place.  Bad idea.  Even if it's illegal you don't start locking people out of their computer w/o permission.

In her house? Illegal? What? And EVERY computer in my house has an administrator account which I set up and I also do that when I set up computers for my kids even though they don't live with me. I always save a way for me to get in to the machine.

I've been in IT since 1976......
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In her house? Illegal? What? And EVERY computer in my house has an administrator account which I set up and I also do that when I set up computers for my kids even though they don't live with me. I always save a way for me to get in to the machine.

I've been in IT since 1976......

I agree w/ you on some of that.  I have setup every computer in the house.  I have admin rights on everything.  Nobody else has admin rights on my systems.  My Linux box which I use everyday is *MINE*.  Nobody else has rights on it.  My windows box I power up occasionally is the same.  Look at it from the point of view of breaking into a system which is not yours, not as logging into a system you already have rights on. It's easy for the admin to lock everyone out.  It's much harder for a user to lock the admin out.

edited to add: My comment about it *possibly* being illegal would refer to a computer which clearly belongs to someone else.  One which isn't shared by anyone else, especially if it's in an area of the house which is recognized as a private space for the owner.  I doubt most people would push it, but if you go into their private area, and break into their computer, you may be breaking the law.  Why play stupid games like this in the first place?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not an issue guys: we have one computer and we share access/passwords.
He can access all my accounts and vice versa.
Keeps us honest.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not an issue guys: we have one computer and we share access/passwords.
He can access all my accounts and vice versa.
Keeps us honest.

I was thinking you would put him through arfcom withdrawal
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So...I ask you, ladies of ARFcom...HOW do I punish my 40 year old?

I find myself.....strangely aroused.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tell him that you've researched new couches and you've located the one you want.  Unfortunately, it's pick up only, and it just happens to be found at one store in the country, which just happens to be in Dallas.  This will require a road trip, and since you couldn't possibly do it alone, Special K will have to do a ride along.  Since it's a long trip down here, you'll have to take a week off and he'll have to watch the kids.  Bring vodka and whatever garnish you want for your martinis.  Before you leave, take the boys to the store and buy them $100 worth of candy, then ration it out to 1 lb. bags for each of them to have during the day.  

<--------goes to clean out guest bedroom and book reservations for the Chippendales Club for a week of hot bodied-goodness

How did I miss this thread?  Special K?  I LOVE IT!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

meanwhile.files.wordpress.com/2006/05/Electric-Chair.jpg

ONE thing MrPMM does NOT need is a whoopie cushion.
That chair is nice though...think it comes with a matching couch?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That chair is nice though...think it comes with a matching couch?

Yeah, if you have a daughter of dating age you can invite the young man wishing to court her to have a seat in The Chair, while you finish assembling the rifle you just cleaned in the other room.

I bet you could body slam a fat azz arfcomer on a couch version of that chair without damage.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Take away his guns for a month.. as well as all gun related Items
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top