Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
XD9 SC in a Supertuck, strong side like always.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
MTAC, if that gets too uncomfortable stick it in your tankbag.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Full size strong side open carry for me.

Same here . Its great to live in VA
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Fixed it for you so people will actually read it....

Oh I read it... If he's "wasting his time" trying to conceal a handgun on him he is doing it way way wrong.

Tell you what, stop by MM 103 or so and I will buy you a beer and you can show me how you carry your fullsize in your waistband.

Im 6'3" 205lbs and unless its tucked in my front waistband mexican style, its jabbing me, riding up while sitting in the saddle, or riding up and printing. Keep in mind we are talking 5" 1911 here, on a bike. I conceal it just fine in the car, or walking around, on the bike though, totally different animal that most people wont understand without having actually done it. My case in point with the gentlemen running the shoulder holsers, the pocket in the vest, or others carrying front waistband or mounting it to their bike. So far I havent seen maybe but on person in this thread who carries IWB in this thread, surely we are all doing it wrong as we are obviously all novice riders with a fledgling degree of experience with handguns.

No thanks. I don't drink while I'm out and about especially on a motorcycle.

I never said I carry a full size 1911 on my hip. I carry that in my vest. There are more ways to carry that you don't have to worry about than on your hip. I do carry another .45 on my hip OWB when I do not have my vest on. I have never had remotely close to an issue of anything starting to show while riding.

I like how you jump to the conclusion I said all riders are idiots and don't know what they are doing whne carrying. I was only commenting on the fact that it seems to be a HUGE issue FOR YOU to ride and carry. I then commented you are doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]
G17 in tankbag
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
M&P 9mm in an SGB holster on my hip.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry my pistol the same way riding as I do when I'm walking or driving:

Strong side OWS pancake holster.

I'm an ATTGATT rider and wear protective gear (jacket, pants, boots, gloves, full face helmet). If its too hot to wear the gear, its too hot to ride the bike. I wear mesh mostly so its not a problem underway.....sitting at long stop lights in St Louis summer heat sucks the big one though.

My jacket keeps my shirt from being blown up and showing everyone in the world that the guy on the motorcycle has a gun. No need to advertise to some hoodrat out and about that he can run me off the road and collect a piece for his next criminal enterprise.

I carry this way because realistically, how in God's name are you going to employ a pistol accurately while operating a motorcycle? Accurately is the paramount part here....you go blowing rounds off on the freeway or roads and accidently hit another car and injure someone....you're fucked. Flat out. God help you if you shoot at someone, miss them and hit another vehicle, and cause that vehicle to crash into yet another vehicle....

Alot of police departments have policies against firing from a moving vehicle due to the liability involved. Any decent attorney is going to hit you with that in the resulting civil suit. Unless you can show proof that you've trained regularly to draw, shoot and hit targets while riding your motorcycle, doing so leaves you up shit creek....

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Same as when I am driving my truck or walking around. 1911 IWB apendix covered by a shirt. While riding I ALWAYS wear either a mesh jacket, textile jacket or leather jacket, depending on the weather.

If your weapon is in a tank bag or under the passenger seat then you are really not carrying a weapon. You have access to a weapon "if you are given enough time to get to it" but you are not carrying a weapon.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Slip on boots with ankle holster stuffed into the top of the boot.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Oh I read it... If he's "wasting his time" trying to conceal a handgun on him he is doing it way way wrong.

Tell you what, stop by MM 103 or so and I will buy you a beer and you can show me how you carry your fullsize in your waistband.

Im 6'3" 205lbs and unless its tucked in my front waistband mexican style, its jabbing me, riding up while sitting in the saddle, or riding up and printing. Keep in mind we are talking 5" 1911 here, on a bike. I conceal it just fine in the car, or walking around, on the bike though, totally different animal that most people wont understand without having actually done it. My case in point with the gentlemen running the shoulder holsers, the pocket in the vest, or others carrying front waistband or mounting it to their bike. So far I havent seen maybe but on person in this thread who carries IWB in this thread, surely we are all doing it wrong as we are obviously all novice riders with a fledgling degree of experience with handguns.

I never said I carry a full size 1911 on my hip. I carry that in my vest. There are more ways to carry that you don't have to worry about than on your hip. I do carry another .45 on my hip OWB when I do not have my vest on. I have never had remotely close to an issue of anything starting to show while riding.

I like how you jump to the conclusion I said all riders are idiots and don't know what they are doing whne carrying. I was only commenting on the fact that it seems to be a HUGE issue FOR YOU to ride and carry. I then commented you are doing it wrong.

No you didnt read and hopped to conclussions and thought you could get a quick jab in at my expense.  Then when the overwhelming majority of guys carrying concealled are carrying every which way except inside the waist band (I dont think FL is an open carry state, even if it was why would you) and I even offered to buy you a drink and show me how Im doing it wrong and your tune does  complete 180 back on itself.  You would do well to keep your digs to yourself on areas that you dont have as much experience as you think you might.  I ride daily down here, this is my stomping ground, its surely not my first rodeo.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Slip on boots with ankle holster stuffed into the top of the boot.

Interesting option.  Perhaps a Get Both situation here.  Hi Power IWB and 642 on the calf

Anyone use/have one of these for the 642 in IWB? ebay link
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How do you ride like that? Isn't that on your foot peg and covering your brake?

Also in prime position for pmag melting/round cook-offing.  I'm gonna guess it's a staged photo.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not trying to sound like a dick here as I support everybodys right to carry and should have something in close proximity.  

But I live in Key Largo, unless im going to miami it stays in the house, a saddle bag or a backpack that has a hidden easily accesible pistol compartment.  
This is probably one of the few places in the country where there is so much law enforcement running around all looking for ways to fuck with peoples lives that whenever a call is made, there is manytimes police presence in less then a minute.  

Its not uncommon to see 3 or 4 cop cars assisting for a speeding ticket.  
And with this place being the most liberal part of Florida, you can bet your ass if you shirt rides up and somebody sees that, somebodys gonna call it in .

If I couldnt get it in my pocket or in a shoulde holster and be forced to leave my jacket on, I wouldnt carry it.  
Infact I have a full size 1911 and it never stays on my person when Im on the bike.  

I wouldnt mind getting a compact glock though.  
But being hunched over on a cruiser bike and the possibility of my shirt going up or printing, its not a risk Im willing to take with it being stuck in my waisrband.  

I ride everyday on my Harley, definetly wouldnt waste the time to try conceal in the waistband.  Best of luck with whatever you decide and no disrespect intended if it sounded like Im telling you not to carry down here, because Im 100% not.

Im on my cell but thank you.

I thought that they had recently changed the concealed carry laws in Florida so that an accidental exposure and/or printing was not automatically considered brandishing or open carrying?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#14]
LCP in a jacket pocket.  Gun was bought partially with the motorcycle in mind.

If I want something larger along, it's in a tank bag or something.  Not optimal, but then again, digging out a gun from anywhere in full gear and gloves is a challenge, so....
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Depends on the bike... If I am riding my KLR650, then I might have a gun IWB with my riding jacket over it. When I am on my GSXR1000? No fucking way. 106mph in first gear is an awful lot like a felony stop.... having a gun in the equation and/or being charged with reckless driving (a ccw disqualifier) is not real smart.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

No you didnt read and hopped to conclussions and thought you could get a quick jab in at my expense.  Then when the overwhelming majority of guys carrying concealled are carrying every which way except inside the waist band (I dont think FL is an open carry state, even if it was why would you) and I even offered to buy you a drink and show me how Im doing it wrong and your tune does  complete 180 back on itself.  You would do well to keep your digs to yourself on areas that you dont have as much experience as you think you might.  I ride daily down here, this is my stomping ground, its surely not my first rodeo.

As I pointed out in my first post in this thread, I do occasionally carry IWB when on my bike. It just depends on which holster and pants I am wearing at the time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Tank bag. I ride in fitted full gear so naturally its a huge PITA to retreive anything with much haste where as i can reach in the bag with one hand and be ready to go in short order. The other hand is free to steady the bike if i need to set it down rather quickly on the stand. Yes, there have been a few times where i swore I was fixing to get jumped while stopped at a light.

Retreival can be very discreet vs reaching into my jacket from a cross draw or yanking up my jacket high enough and hoping that my gun clears. Should I need to "reholster" quickly and unass the area I can just put it back in the bag quickly rather than fight a holster.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No you didnt read and hopped to conclussions and thought you could get a quick jab in at my expense. Then when the overwhelming majority of guys carrying concealled are carrying every which way except inside the waist band (I dont think FL is an open carry state, even if it was why would you) and I even offered to buy you a drink and show me how Im doing it wrong and your tune does complete 180 back on itself. You would do well to keep your digs to yourself on areas that you dont have as much experience as you think you might. I ride daily down here, this is my stomping ground, its surely not my first rodeo.

lol, I ride daily while armed and have no problems. Thanks for thinking you know me though.

Enjoy yourself.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Just want to mention for those who wear gloves: Don't forget to try them out at the range. Don't want them stuck inside the trigger guard unable to pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Fanny pack ftw.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#21]
In town and around town, I carry the 9mm in my normal holster, crossbreed super tuck, the jacket(3/4 tourmaster) takes care of it. When out of town I take the .44 and leave the 9mm at home, I worry about 4 legged problems more when out of town. the .44 sits in an uncle mikes right handed holster on the left side, when I get to where I am going I switch it to the right side. but it is comfey, doesnt really show(black grip, black 3/4 tourmaster jacket, black holster). I have also carried a P3AT in a wallet holster like a wallet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

As I pointed out in my first post in this thread, I do occasionally carry IWB when on my bike. It just depends on which holster and pants I am wearing at the time.

As I mentioned in my first post... I generally carry IWB in a Milt Sparks VM2.  5" 1911.   No printing.  No riding up issues.  I only swap to a shoulder holster for long rides as the muzzle does sit a bit uncomfortable on my saddle... Long runs, I.e. all day, multiple day, and that gets old.   For 90% of my riding, I IWB a full size pistol without problems.
I've been pondering having a nugget of saddle foam cut out to allow my IWB carry to not push into the saddle so much... Might experiment this winter.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top