Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You're situation is not as creepy as mine...

I have a friend who is a couple years older than me...

His daughter wants to go out to dinner sometime..."Just her and I", she said.

Her mom thought it was "Cute that she wanted to go out to dinner."

Daughter is a VERY cute Christian girl...probably even a "good" girl.

I'm 45.

The daughter is 19 ... "but I'll be 20 next month!" she said...

I suppose it's probably wrong that I have not said "No" just yet?

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On my wedding day in 1994 I was 27 and my wife was 19.  Still happily married.

Go for it.

Same for my husband and I.  I was 19 and he was 27.  Still happily married.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

You know what's nice about college girls?

I keep gettin' older... they stay the same age.... /matthew mcconaughey
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Haters Gonna Hate.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/weird-news/2011/06/22/shock-in-hollywood-as-green-mile-star-doug-hutchinson-51-marries-16-year-old-beauty-queen-86908-23218907/

The rule is half your age plus 8 to determine if it's creepy. But arfcom can't do basic math, so who cares?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Your fine.

My girlfriend is 14 years younger than me, but I'm 60.

But when I was 57 I had a "Blame it on Rio" experience with a 20 year old that kinda creeped me out.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Nine years isn't unusual.
She sounds great. Go for it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Any thoughts, other than that I apparently need to re-tune my perceptions of people? Am I a fucking creeper for considering this? Enlighten me, ye hive'o'knowledge.

No, you're fine. What is creepy is the weirdos on here always asking for pics of other men's women.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm 42 and my second ex wife hasn't even been born yet.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I met a girl last week at a friends party, we got to talking, and really hit it off. We've been talking on the phone or through texts nearly every day since, so I asked her out, and we're going to dinner on Sunday. All normal to this point.

As it turns out, she's 19. I'm 28. My moral compass is screaming at me like a fucking ship's collision alarm, but the intellectual side of my brain did not at any point over the past few days of talking to her suspect she was still in her teens. I thought she was at least 22 or so, or even my age. Very mature, and was able to hold her own in conversations other than the fucking Casey Anthony trial.  She told me she was still in college, but I honestly thought I was talking to a graduate student, and not a sophomore.

No pics until we're at least a little more friendly. Rule one can suck it, in this case.

Any thoughts, other than that I apparently need to re-tune my perceptions of people? Am I a fucking creeper for considering this? Enlighten me, ye hive'o'knowledge.

Do you even need to ask?  

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
You're good to go. I've dated younger women, nothing wrong with what two consenting adults want to share.
Ride it til the wheels fall off.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Enjoy it.  If she starts to show signs of the crazy, eject and do not stick it again.  If she remains cool, continue to enjoy and let things develop as they will.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
She's legal. Hit it. Beyond that, take NO ADVICE FROM ARFCOM!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#14]

if you don't post pics as soon as you get a chance it becomes creepy
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Meh, 20/16 here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 1:57:30 PM EDT
[#16]
The rule is half your age + 7.

Soooo....

You need to wait until you are 32.  She'll be 23, and you'll be GTG.

If it makes you feel any better, my dad married his second wife when he was 28 and she was 19.  The surprise buttsecks of the inevitable divorce after he had payed her way through grad school was unpleasant..
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
She's awfully close to half your age.  

Seriously?  No issues.  She's of legal age, it's obviously mutual, she seems more mature than the average 19yo.  

At one time in this country (< 100 years ago)  it was expected for the wife to be in her teens and the husband to be much older.  He wasn't supposed to be looking at wives until he could support them on his own, which meant a good 5-10 years building a career and place to live.

More like 2/3, but fuck math, right?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ummmm...  She's totally legal.  Who gives a fuck past that?

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, the rule is half your age plus 7, and she ain't 21.

That being said, a hot little 19 year old could really make your day/night.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#20]
At least you're not 51, and she's not 16. I think it'll take some getting used to for most people, but if you guys seem to hit it off, why not give it a chance? When I was 18, I was living with my brother and a friend of his who was 28. It seemed strange to most people. We got along great, though, and as shocking as it was to some people, we had some great conversations when it came down to just the two of us. Age wasn't an issue aside from the occasional "Oh my god, you are old" jokes/comments. Then again, we shared more of a brother-sister type relationship, and weren't trying to date each other.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you sit when you pee?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
She's awfully close to half your age.  

Seriously?  No issues.  She's of legal age, it's obviously mutual, she seems more mature than the average 19yo.  

At one time in this country (< 100 years ago)  it was expected for the wife to be in her teens and the husband to be much older.  He wasn't supposed to be looking at wives until he could support them on his own, which meant a good 5-10 years building a career and place to live.

More like 2/3, but fuck math, right?

Hey, I'm a government employee––the numbers can mean whatever I want them to mean.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#23]
If you're in it for fun, no problem.

A serious relationship? Well, she's in flux and you're a grown man...good luck with that.

(in before someone uses their rare exception anecdote to counter millions of couples that don't hold it together)
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#24]
What was the question again?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#25]
She's really only 15.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I met a girl last week at a friends party, we got to talking, and really hit it off. We've been talking on the phone or through texts nearly every day since, so I asked her out, and we're going to dinner on Sunday. All normal to this point.

As it turns out, she's 19. I'm 28. My moral compass is screaming at me like a fucking ship's collision alarm, but the intellectual side of my brain did not at any point over the past few days of talking to her suspect she was still in her teens. I thought she was at least 22 or so, or even my age. Very mature, and was able to hold her own in conversations other than the fucking Casey Anthony trial.  She told me she was still in college, but I honestly thought I was talking to a graduate student, and not a sophomore.

No pics until we're at least a little more friendly. Rule one can suck it, in this case.

Oh good grief, go out with her & have a good time, & if you and up marrying her, so what? It's not as big of a deal as you think..... But then again my Dad was 46 when he married my Mom, who was 19 at the time, so what you're talking about isn't that big of a deal in my mind.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As it turns out, she's 19. I'm 28. My moral compass is screaming at me like a fucking ship's collision alarm

Why?

Where, exactly, is the "moral" issue?

As much as the more shallow and narcissistic among us may wish to believe, life isn't one big long frat party. Actions do have consequences.

Responsible adults pause and measure precisely how appropriate their actions may be, and weigh temporary pleasure rewards against the likelihood and severity of potential consequences.

When an adult is deciding whether or not to date a teenager, it is both responsible and rational to consider the appropriateness of said course of action. A responsible and respectful man will ask himself "Am I just using some bubble-headed teenager as a human sex toy? Are we BOTH intelligent, rational adults capable of making good life decisions? Do either of us expect this to lead to anything other than sex? If, god forbid, birth control methods should fail precisely how severely will I screw up 3 different lives?"

These are called moral issues. Adults have them sometimes.

Back on topic. As I said previously, if she's an adult and is freely agreeing to the ride then enjoy life. However ensure that you don't send three lives through the ringer if all you're in for is a fun time. If you think the young lady in question has potential and may be interested in seeing if you have the same, take it a day at a time and see where things lead.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Fintan

Do you even have a life? Get out of here with that morality crap: this is GD.

She's legal. Hit it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#30]
you're not going to prison (assuming you know for sure she's 19).  Don't give a shit about what anyone else thinks or says, go on your feelings.
My buddy just turned 39 and hes been dating a chick for almost 3 years..  she's about to turn 21.  At first I gave him so much shit, now I see their in love.  whatever just go for it as long as it goes. who cares.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

You're thinking with your brain way too much here. When I was 32, I dated a 19 year old for a few months...fun stuff. She pursued me the whole time, then moved away to go to college...perfect.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#33]
sex her then ditch it.

You can most likely hit it without a condom, she is young and may not have had a lot of guys yet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
sex her then ditch it.

You can most likely hit it without a condom, she is young and may not have had a lot of guys yet.

What.

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#35]
"train" her "well" dude...
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#36]
My wife is 10 years older than me.  I couldn't possibly be happier with our relationship.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#37]
How many of the guys here that are saying "hit it!" will be among the first
to say "eject" when this thing goes bad?  
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How many of the guys here that are saying "hit it!" will be among the first
to say "eject" when this thing goes bad?  

Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Not creepy, but just date/bang this girl––don't fall in love with her. You're 30. You know who you are and how you are.

She's 19, and has at LEAST 6 more years before she has any idea about anything. She may be book smart and behave low-key, but experience wise she's a kid. Albeit a legal one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Nope. Go for it. And post pictars!!!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I know a 43 year old dude dating a 20 chick.

It's not creepy. Just do it. She could be "the one".
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#43]

my dad is 20 years older than my mom.

get on that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#44]
My wife is 23 and I'm 32. Our first baby is due in 5 weeks. Go for it man!
Nothing wrong with that gap.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#45]
fuck her and have a blast, then dump her and find someone older to settle down with.

or don't listen, and be sure and post back in a few years when she leaves you because she 'feels like she didn't get to explore her options when she was younger'
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Whats wrong with you?

AND WHERE ARE THE PICS?!?
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Not creepy, but just date/bang this girl––don't fall in love with her. You're 30. You know who you are and how you are.

She's 19, and has at LEAST 6 more years before she has any idea about anything. She may be book smart and behave low-key, but experience wise she's a kid. Albeit a legal one.

SOOOO the wrong answer.

The whole point of dating is NOT for the casual hookup––it's to find out if the other person is someone you'd be willing to spend the rest of your life with.

The purpose of the exercise IS to fall in love.  

Sheesh.  And guys wonder why the dating world is so jacked up.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm 23 and dating a 19 year old.

Soooo
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 6/22/2011 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm 30 and have been hit on by one 19 year old, one 20 year old and one 23 year old in the past month. I see nothing wrong with it, though I didn't pursue the 19 year old  

I damn near would and I"m 33.   LOL
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top