User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Then again a good cop shouldn't have any bias in how he handles his job.

He doesn't make laws, he just enforces them regardless how he feels about it.

+1

It's also pathetic to blame cops for enforcing a law you dont agree with, change the law, it's not the cops fault.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's nuts isn't it.

No, you are.

Uhh, no he's not.  Well, in this case at least.  How can "freedom loving gun owners" think it's perfectly fine for the government to ban a plant.  A friggin plant!

Simple, we just do and thats all there is to it.  

And when they ban something YOU like....do you sing the same tune?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well there is pretty much a non answer or at the very least a nice juke.

Actually, it was a pretty direct answer.  Simple, and to the point.  I would rather bust the pot smoker.  Its easier with less to have to prove.  Plus, I can bust them just for having it.  Most times just a ticket and send them on their way.  Drinkers I first have to prove whether or not they are of age, then whether or not they are actually drunk or actually breaking any law at that point in time.  Much more work actually.

so you take the easy busts?  interesting, but I can't say I'm not suprised either. saddened, but not suprised at all.

I meant more attitude and abusive wise I suppose.

Lovely.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Why didn't you also post a picture of the coca plant and the poppy?  Poison mushrooms?  Peyote?  MJ is not the only plant-drug.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Since when did banning something stop people from doing it?

They can ban all they want.... doesn't mean I give a shit....
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck NORML. They ruin their argument by telling outright lies. My favorite NORML lie was that Allistair Crowley was a "Christian Theologian" and proponent of marijuana use. Why haven't the junk food and fast food industries started lobbying for legalization? Their sales would skyrocket!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, it was a pretty direct answer.  Simple, and to the point.  I would rather bust the pot smoker.  Its easier with less to have to prove.  Plus, I can bust them just for having it.  Most times just a ticket and send them on their way.  Drinkers I first have to prove whether or not they are of age, then whether or not they are actually drunk or actually breaking any law at that point in time.  Much more work actually.

so you take the easy busts?  interesting, but I can't say I'm not suprised either. saddened, but not suprised at all.

true.

It still sounds like pot is more a priroity then drunks. to me at least. easier to catch em, easier to proove,yadda yadda from his post.
who really though is more dangerous to us.
I've met many a mean drunk, never met a mean pothead.

back to the topic at hand.
that bubbling propane heated contraption is safer than that plant how?????
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the person.  Chemicals have different results on different people.  Some drunks fall asleep, some get violent.  Same for dopers.  The difference is that one is legal and one is not.  

Fair enough, But that to me sounds like. "just following orders"
and frankly, that doesn't bode well for we subjects in the gun rights issue. .

ok, back to the question since this looks like. We said so. it just is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#11]
i agree but that is what the law says.  I work in the most dangerous field in the world.  I would rather have a guy who smoked a joint last night with his wife and watched a movie  than a guy who drank a six pack+ be the guy that i trust my life with!!!
lobsta
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:44:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Paging Wolfman97..

Paging Wolfman97..

Your topic is at the chekout isle.

LOL  +1000000000
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Some of these drug laws came about when minorities were using them and whites typically weren't, so it was a way to round them up.  Now, the stigma is so deep against pot that it's very difficult to reverse, despite obvious facts.

Coincidentally, you probably smoke pot and actually believe the shit you spout.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#14]

will you still be saying that when the order comes down for the police to confiscate all privately-owned firearms?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#15]
All of the people I have encountered who smoke pot are criminals first and dirtbags second.

I don't associate with them.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds to me that you are just another lazy PIG and not too bright at that.  That drinker is much more dangerous but i guess you prefer the path of least resistance.   any other LEO's want to argue that this guy is no

t an embarassment to your profession???
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#17]
in before the whining about cop-bashers

with shotar's post being what it is, you can't say you didn't see it coming  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Shotar is an idiot.  He proved it with every post.  I want to see the other LEO's call him out on it.  He is a troll with a Capital T.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Fuck NORML. They ruin their argument by telling outright lies. My favorite NORML lie was that Allistair Crowley was a "Christian Theologian" and proponent of marijuana use. Why haven't the junk food and fast food industries started lobbying for legalization? Their sales would skyrocket!

jeeze, look what the fed has been spouting.  70+ years worth of bullshit and lies.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
.  I want to see the other LEO's call him out on it.

not gonna happen.  thin blue line and all, remember?

better don your flame-suit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jeeze, look what the fed has been spouting.  70+ years worth of bullshit and lies.

i don't know about Allistair Crowley, but their website is extremely informative and has an excellent state-by-state breakdown of cannabis laws and penalties, much like the NRA-ILA's directory of state firearms regulations.

take a look at Alaska's, alaska must truly be the most libertarian state in the nation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i don't know about Allistair Crowley, but their website is extremely informative and has an excellent state-by-state breakdown of cannabis laws and penalties, much like the NRA-ILA's directory of state firearms regulations.

take a look at Alaska's, alaska must truly be the most libertarian state in the nation.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Legal, illegal, who the fuck cares? That's a SWEET 3 tiered setup for brewing-

Top pot (converted Sanke keg) is the hot liquor kettle--you heat the water for the mash...

Next pot is the mash/lauter tun (where you convert grain into sweet sweet sugary sweet liquor)

The last pot in the line is the boil kettle. You lauter (drain and filter through the grain bed) into the boil kettle and that's where the magic happens. During the boil, proteins are coagulated (hot break), hops are added to balance the sweetness of the malt, and then you run it through a counterflow chiller so you can pitch the yeast.

(though it looks like he's using an immersion chiller--must be in cooler climes...)

Not a meth lab, and no danger (unless you spill hot wort on yourself--that STINGS!)

In fact, while the mash is going on, it probably makes the area smell like Cream of Wheat. How can you sensationalize something that smells like breakfast?

GT
Beer Geek.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

to cold for liberals I bet.

Kinda wish Az was to hot for them to,
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Marry-wanna is da debil, Bobby.

i1.tinypic.com/sfukjs.jpg

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just as many conservatives support drug prohibition as liberals, if not more.....

i believe it has something to do with the alaskan constitution speficially guaranteeing an individual right to privacy, and the alaskan supreme court interpreted that as being allowed to possess/grow small amounts of cannabis in the home for personal consumption.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

just as many conservatives support drug prohibition as liberals, if not more.....

i believe it has something to do with the alaskan constitution speficially guaranteeing an individual right to privacy, and the alaskan supreme court interpreted that as being allowed to possess/grow small amounts of cannabis in the home for personal consumption.

As they should on the federal level.

Valkyrie has it right.

Too much .gov infrastructure built up around it.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#28]
here's some more interesting info i found on the history of the legality of cannabis in alaska:

Penalty Reduction

On May 16, 1975, the Alaska Legislature passed a law that reduced the penalty for possessing any amount of marijuana in private -- or up to one ounce in any public place in the state -- to a civil offense with a maximum $100 fine. Public use of marijuana, possession of more than an ounce in public, possession by a person under the age of 18, and possession while operating a vehicle were made criminal misdemeanors, punishable by fines of up to $1,000. Sale remained a felony. Governor Jay S. Hammond allowed the bill to become law, explaining, "It is hypocritical to criminally punish users of marijuana while legally sanctioning the use of alcohol. ..."

Ravin Decision

On May 27, 1975, (soon after marijuana was decriminalized through the legislative process) the Alaska Supreme Court ruled that Alaskans' constitutional right to privacy protects the personal possession and use of marijuana in the privacy of one's own home. However, the Ravin decision held that the right to privacy does not protect possession of amounts of marijuana that are "indicative of intent to sell." The court did not define this threshold amount.

Laws Revised

In 1982, the legislature passed a bill, S.B. 190, which made many changes to Alaska's drug laws. It criminalized the possession of four or more ounces of marijuana, making it a class B misdemeanor. Through S.B. 190, the legislature clarified the Ravin decision by defining the amount of marijuana that is "indicative of intent to sell" at four ounces. Governor Jay S. Hammond signed S.B. 190 into law on May 20, 1982.

Re-criminalization

On November 6, 1990, Alaskans voted 54% to 46% in favor of a ballot initiative to re-criminalize marijuana. The 1990 ballot initiative made the possession of less than eight ounces of marijuana a class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

State v. McNeil

On October 29, 1993, in the case of State v. McNeil, Alaska Superior Court Judge Michael A. Thompson dismissed Patrick A. McNeil's marijuana possession charges, holding that the 1975 Ravin decision was still valid, despite the 1990 marijuana re-criminalization initiative.

Judge Thompson ruled, "Ravin was founded in the Supreme Court's interpretation of the Alaska Constitution. The legislature -- nor for that matter the people through the initiative -- cannot 'fix' what it disliked in an interpretation of that document by legislation. The only way to 'fix' the Constitution is by the amendment process or a new convention. The initiative was inadequate to overrule Ravin and that case remains the law."

Walker v. State

After being convicted of possession of eight or more ounces of marijuana in Superior Court in Fairbanks, Dale R. Walker appealed his case in an attempt to overturn his conviction by using the "right to privacy" defense established by the Ravin decision. On November 19, 1999, the state Court of Appeals ruled that Walker's conviction of possession of eight or more ounces of marijuana was not protected by the Ravin decision because that amount was "indicative of intent to sell." The Walker decision upheld the legislature's 1982 law that established the threshold of "indicative of intent to sell" at four ounces.

Ballot Defeated

On November 7, 2000, Alaskans voted on a ballot initiative that would have allowed adults aged 18 and older to possess, cultivate, purchase, and travel with marijuana. This initiative would have also granted amnesty to those previously convicted of marijuana offenses. The initiative was defeated by a margin of 59% to 41%.

State v. Thomas

On June 25, 2003, after a jury found Scott A. Thomas guilty of possessing 2.6 ounces of marijuana, Superior Court Judge Richard D. Savell acquitted him. Citing the 1975 Ravin decision, Judge Savell ruled that because Thomas' marijuana was intended for personal use, he was protected by Alaskans' constitutional right to privacy. By vacating the jury's decision, Judge Savell set a nonbinding precedent that Ravin invalidated the 1990 voter initiative that criminalized all marijuana possession.

Noy v. State

On August 29, 2003, the Alaska Court of Appeals reaffirmed the 1975 court decision of Ravin v. State, upholding Alaskans' constitutional right to possess and use up to four ounces of marijuana at home. Alaska Attorney General Gregg Renkes has since announced his intention to appeal the case to the Alaska Supreme Court.

Noy v. State Upheld

On September 9, 2004, the Alaska Supreme Court denied the Attorney General's appeal of Noy v. State. In Noy, the Alaska Court of Appeals upheld Alaskans' constitutional right to possess and use up to four ounces of marijuana at home.

2004: Marijuana Initiative Defeated

On November 2, 2004, Alaska voters defeated Measure 2 -- an initiative that would have taken marijuana off of the criminal market. Although the initiative failed, 44% of voters cast their ballots for Measure 2 -- the largest percent of statewide voters to ever vote to end marijuana prohibition.

If it had passed, Measure 2 would have: (1) removed the threat of arrest and jail for adults aged 21 and older who safely and responsibly use marijuana; (2) prompted the legislature to create a reasonable system of regulation for the manufacture, taxation, and sale of marijuana; and (3) maintained penalties for distributing marijuana to minors and driving while under the influence of marijuana.

link

CLIFFS NOTES VERSION:  in short, the alaskan courts have ruled again and again and again that the alaskan constitution's guarantee to the right of privacy allows the possession of small amounts for personal consumption.  although a small majority of voters disagree, it seems that the courts hold this position quite strongly, and the only way to get it changed would be to pass an amendment to the state constitution.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Assinine that you can't grow pot for your own personal use.  Also assinine that you can't grow it and a sell it.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#30]
So let me get this strait. Your making smokable beer? WOO HOO!!!

Theres too many quotes here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#31]
here's a link to the "Declaration of Rights" in the Alaskan constitution.  i wish our national Bill of Rights was worded so strongly! check out the RKBA:

§ 19. Right to Keep and Bear Arms

A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State. [Amended 1994]

here's the section which guarantees the right to privacy:

§ 22. Right of Privacy

The right of the people to privacy is recognized and shall not be infringed. The legislature shall implement this section. [Amended 1972]

no gay marriage allowed though!

§ 25. Marriage

To be valid or recognized in this State, a marriage may exist only between one man and one woman. [Amended 1998]

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Pot will never be legal as long as politicians keep getting their payoffs from illegal trafficing
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Assinine that you can't grow pot for your own personal use.  Also assinine that you can't grow it and a sell it.

Funny, huh?  
Oh, while we're at it, you cannot manufacture machine guns in your basement and sell them to whomever you want either.  Maybe we should have the right to cook up a little meth for Christmas cash, too?  C'mon dude, get real.  POT IS ILLEGAL.  Get over it and find another vice.

B_S
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Oh, while we're at it, you cannot manufacture machine guns in your basement and sell them to whomever you want either.

but you should be allowed to.  it's only the feds business if you're selling the guns across state lines.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#35]
i dont know about you guys but up here at UNR the cops dont do anything about pot. fuck we use to sit on the front step and get high as fuck. when they would come tell us to keep the noice down we would be sitting around the hookah and they didnt even blink a eye. yes i think you should be able to buy a pack of joints at walmart!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
i dont know about you guys but up here at UNR the cops dont do anything about pot. fuck we use to sit on the front step and get high as fuck. when they would come tell us to keep the noice down we would be sitting around the hookah and they didnt even blink a eye. yes i think you should be able to buy a pack of joints at walmart!

Yea realley!Slay me Dude,,,,U.N.R loves to pop folks just sit up on a hill and watch'em all get pulled over at N. Virginia and McCarran at the light after having fun at the Waldorf ,concert or game,smok'in Dope in front of Cops in Nevada? what White Rabbits you been Huntin'? no sting intended

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#37]
my friends still live on our place on evans street right behind UNR and we did all kinds of crazy shit and never got into trouble. granted it was all at  our house so they didnt care. a few of us got public intoxication and stuff like that if we were to fucked up to get off the street when they told us.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
because alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.  i'm not going to debate the validity of the law, but that's the simple answer to your question

There was a time when alcohol wasn't legal, but so many used it they made it legal.

The same thing should happen with pot.

Alcohol was legal, then they tried to make it illegal, and it spawned organized crime and bootlegging, so they made it legal again.........what has weed spawned?...besides some overcrowded prisons......
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#39]
the stock of chips and slurpys to sky rockett.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
my friends still live on our place on evans street right behind UNR and we did all kinds of crazy shit and never got into trouble. granted it was all at  our house so they didnt care. a few of us got public intoxication and stuff like that if we were to fucked up to get off the street when they told us.

I got ya' man,,,I know where Evans is,,,, nice older Neighborhood...work with a guy who did some Crazy Chit there too,,,,and I'm the Old Man now
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
because alcohol is legal and marijuana isn't.  i'm not going to debate the validity of the law, but that's the simple answer to your question

There was a time when alcohol wasn't legal, but so many used it they made it legal.

Alcohol was legal, then they tried to make it illegal, and it spawned organized crime and bootlegging, so they made it legal again.........what has weed spawned?...besides some overcrowded prisons......

More PIGS...eta with job security
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:19:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well Jarhead , pot was legal also, till the feds made it illegal.

And when a state tries to make it legal, the feds intervene and tell them no, if you do that we will withhold tax monies from you. See how corrupt the government has become ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:42:07 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, huh?  
Oh, while we're at it, you cannot manufacture machine guns in your basement and sell them to whomever you want either.  Maybe we should have the right to cook up a little meth for Christmas cash, too?  C'mon dude, get real.  POT IS ILLEGAL.  Get over it and find another vice.

B_S

Pot is no more harmful than alcohol or tobacco.  In a free country you should have the right as a consenting adult to engage in any activity you see fit as long as it doesn't restrict the rights of others to engage in their activity, nor should you engage in an activity that takes away a person's right to life, liberty and property.

And yes I believe I should be able to manufacture machine guns in my basement.  I see the government brainwashing is almost complete.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:00:46 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny, huh?  

BS
Pot is no more harmful than alcohol or tobacco.  In a free country you should have the right as a consenting adult to engage in any activity you see fit as long as it doesn't restrict the rights of others to engage in their activity, nor should you engage in an activity that takes away a person's right to life, liberty and property.

And yes I believe I should be able to manufacture machine guns in my basement.  I see the government brainwashing is almost complete.

sounds like what is called common sense???
well said, but the anti's are just as bad as the anti gun NUTS and will never listen to common sense.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Thank you. A big dose of common sense. I fully agree.

And those saying "cops don't question laws, they simply enforce what they're told to enforce."?

Wonderful...and if one chooses a profession that involves the enforcement of "lifestyle" crimes such as smoking pot, and that enforcement involves the IMPRISONMENT of people for simply smoking or possessing pot, then they should understand that they will be, in this case, looked at as the enemy of a truly free society.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:30:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny, huh?  

B_S

not only yeah, but hell yeah!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:35:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I shall state my opinion on the matter of marijuana and other illegal drugs and I shall then say no more about the subject.

You feel free to do what you want.  If you get caught using it for yourself and take a lump or two thats your problem, not mine.  If however you do it where I encounter you in public, I will take that law enforcement action that is appropriate under the circumstances.

If you bring it around my kids, attempt to share it with my kids or attempt to sell it or other wise encourage my kids to injest it in any way shape or form, you will regret the day you were born.  I will undertake every ( and that is considerable ) legal means at my disposal to make your life a living hell now and forever.  I shall do my utmost to ensure that your life is ruined in every conceivable manner within the law and that you enjoy no peace for the remainder of your days on this planet.  I will do whatever I can to ensure that you look up to second and third class citizens and I shall be relentless in this endevour.  In short, do what you want, but bring it near me or my kids and I will do everything I can to make your life suck, forever.

amazingly no one wants to force your kids or you to do a goddamn thing.  Of course you can't see past "you" regardless anyway.  VThokieshooter was spot on.

good luck superman.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I shall state my opinion on the matter of marijuana and other illegal drugs and I shall then say no more about the subject.

If you bring it around my kids, attempt to share it with my kids or attempt to sell it or other wise encourage my kids to injest it in any way shape or form, you will regret the day you were born.  I will undertake every ( and that is considerable ) legal means at my disposal to make your life a living hell now and forever.  I shall do my utmost to ensure that your life is ruined in every conceivable manner within the law and that you enjoy no peace for the remainder of your days on this planet.  I will do whatever I can to ensure that you look up to second and third class citizens and I shall be relentless in this endevour.  In short, do what you want, but bring it near me or my kids and I will do everything I can to make your life suck, forever.

The ability to forever make someones life a living hell seems to be a big perk to you, in your job.

Get over yourself dude. Nobody gives a fuck about introducing pot to your kids. Your kids will discover it on their own and choose, at that time, what the appropriate thing to do is....for themselves.

Here's an idea. How about you focusing making the lives of VIOLENT offenders a living hell....how about that? Do you really want to "protect & serve"? Great....then do it and stop thumping your fuckin' chest...it's pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

You feel free to do what you want.  If you get caught using it for yourself and take a lump or two thats your problem, not mine.  If however you do it where I encounter you in public, I will take that law enforcement action that is appropriate under the circumstances.

+1 Couldn’t of said it better.
"keep your problems and your vices yours, don't drag others into it"
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top