User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dont order chaps. Find somewhere local that has them and get them before you run the saw again. I know that makes me sound like a pussy but if you make a mistake it could get real bad real quick. It's not worth the risk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Appreciate the concern, I have been checking any plant I don't know to make sure I'm not burning poison.  I've barely used the chainsaw.  I need to order chaps, shame on me.
Dont order chaps. Find somewhere local that has them and get them before you run the saw again. I know that makes me sound like a pussy but if you make a mistake it could get real bad real quick. It's not worth the risk.

Cutting into a thigh or calf is really bad idea.

There are large arteries in there that a chain saw can get to darn near instantly.

Cut a femoral in your thigh and you may bleed out in a matter of minutes.
As in fast enough YOU may not be able to get a tourniquet on YOURSELF.
Maybe if you had it on loose and just had to pull it tight.

Get some way over rated chain and pull them out going forward off a rear attachment.
Like 30,000 pound proof chain.

You can get rolling forward and let the momentum of the vehicle do most of the work.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top