Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I liked the idea and attended a couple rallies when it started but since the whole shebang has lost the plot and it no longer has fiscal conservatism and economic responsibility as its focus,I lost interest. To be honest,I was done when Sarah Palin was being touted as somehow the voice of the Tea Party.

It's now absolutely interchangable with the GOP and I really have no interest in being a Republican again.Give 'em 4 years and they'll be back to the same bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It has been hijacked...no.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a tough question for Arfcom GD considering that almost half only know the Tea Party from what they read, hear and see in the left wing media.

You can tell who those are by their response here.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
yes, but I am at odds with my local group over their love affair with a certain local politician.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
No.

I agree with their goals and positions, but I'm not much of a joiner.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Not.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was, until I realized that the tea party is just the politically active wing of the Republican Party.

There are too many people who have hijacked the movement to make it about things other than fiscal responsibility.

This.  I rarely fly my Gadsden any more.  Back when it was just about smaller gov and less taxes, it was great.  Now it's just the far right of the GOP, which I am not.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
yes and i wont support RP
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was, until I realized that the tea party is just the politically active wing of the Republican Party.

There are too many people who have hijacked the movement to make it about things other than fiscal responsibility.

Yea the Tea Party in Ohio spent the better part of a year just to gather hundreds of thousands of signatures to get a repeal vote on Obamacare on the November ballot.
Oh wait.... that maybe a good thing.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Si Mon.

ditto
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Is anybody here ever happy with anything/one?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Not
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#15]
NO.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea the Tea Party in Ohio spent the better part of a year just to gather hundreds of thousands of signatures to get a repeal vote on Obamacare on the November ballot.

Oh wait.... that maybe a good thing.

I never said the tea party has never done good things.

Signatures to repeal Obamacare is *gasp* a very republican stance, a very fiscally responsible stance, and in line with the majority of the American people. That's like saying the tea party is pro-veteran, or pro-freedom; well duh. That doesn't exactly make them stand out as a group whose shit don't stink.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:19:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
if by fiscally conservative, libertarian leaning tea party, Yes. If by Michele Bachman religious right tea party, No.

Same here. The Repubs have twisted what it was originally into a wing of the R party.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top