Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a friend that was a contractor, sometimes I worked with the crew, as did several of my friends. It was non-stop drinking and pot smoking all day long. I am amazed someone didn't get killed. There were a few accidents, falling off ladders, getting shot with a nail gun, that sort of thing. Things got built but sometimes there were a few "problems" like the dock that was crooked and went across property lines, stuff like that.

I'm sure there are some construction workers out there to prove me wrong but my experiance has been that they work to get enough money for beer or pot, (crystal meth wasn't around then). I remember one time a couple of guy argueing over who got to spend time in a confined area gluing down countertops, or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:16:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Framers aint Shit!

You just wait until the PAINTERS show up!

I have yet to see a painter who wasnt a RAGING alcoholic!

Now "THAT" is the honest to gods truth.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
dude they are constructions workers, thats what they do!  Seriously though, my house just got built and when i would check on it periodically, I would find random schlitz, natty light, or miller lite cans laying around the site.  

Anyone who worked for me would be fired on the spot. Their stupidity is a direct reflection apon ME,  MY BUSINESS and REPUTATION.

I can say the same for any of a number of various contractors I've worked with/for over the years.

That's just irresponsible and uncalled for.  No way in hell I'd stand for that at all.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I caught two air conditioning guys smoking a doobie while they were building my house.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Did they know who/what you are? I bet they shit their pants.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#6]
So, you are afraid to confront the GC because you may find turds in the walls.

Fine, just have him give you copies of his workmans comp policy. Then call the ins. company to verify current coverage.  

Odds are he is a fly by night contractor with no coverage.  When one of "his guys" gets hurt on your property, the money will come OUT OF YOUR POCKET.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top