User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've had the Honda for about 6 years. The only problem is there is no gas shut off valve, so if it sits inactive for a while, the carb jet will get fouled with gas sitting in the carb bowl. I have a Honda mower, and just close the valve, and then it runs out of gas. Never had a problem the mower.

Don't know if the new ones have a valve or not and I have no knowledge of the Yamaha.
View Quote

You can buy petcocks and add them to any generator/motorcycle/vehicle.

I put Sta-Bil in each tank and all my gas cans.

Turn the engine off, let it sit for the off season, and start it up with the first or second pull after months of dormancy.

The only problem I have ever had is if the last tank did NOT have treated fuel.
Untreated fuel left in the tank has caused me problems.
Run the carb dry with untreated fuel had caused me problems.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Champion over a Honda or a Yamaha? Lol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not to mention LOUD.  I can't even hear my Yamaha chugging away outside when I'm in my travel trailer.  

Might not matter depending on your application, but it's nice to be able to have a conversation when you're standing next to it.  Plus, it won't annoy the neighbors if you leave it running all night.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Champion also has  2000w inverter generators.  I bought a couple of refurbished from these guys a year ago.  Champions are not as quiet as Hondas but close to the same dB.

You can get 2 Champions for about the same price as one Honda.

SuperGenproducts - Champion 2000w inverter Generators
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:34:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Honda.  Trillions of Honda shops offer service. Yamaha has no service at all.  And, their carburetors suck donkey balls.

Also, I have a Yamaha is2400e intverter generator for sale cheap.  Needs carburetor work.

View Quote

Weird.

We are a Yamaha outboard dealer and also sell and SERVICE Yamaha generators.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:59:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love my Honda. I have a big one also. Purrs like a kitten.

View Quote

UUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhh
Please try and stay on topic no ones really cares how big it is
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the Yamaha and it was the extra feature the Honda didn't have, can't remember now. Had mine for 7 years and it's still awesome and quiet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the Honda EU2000i but seriously debated getting one of These instead.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#10]
My Honda eu 2000 I bought new in '04 still runs like a top with easily over 2000 hours on it. Positives, super quiet, dependable and with the built in fuel pump you can run for days off a remote 5 gal tank. Only negative, I can't get over how rinky dink the valve gear is on it when I do a valve adjustment. The plastic ( Delrin? Nylon?) chain driven OHC gear with tiny stamped steel rockers just look cheesy.

My little Honda EX350 I bought new in '89 is a gem. Unlike it's big Brah it will put out 6 Amps DC for battery charging and provide 350 watts AC Simultaneously. Super quiet power for running a few lights and a fan and as a 2-Stroke it keeps the Skeeters at bay. Runs over 50 hours on a single gal. of fuel. If you can find one, SNAG IT!

One of my Race fan buddies runs his 34' coach's day to day needs with a Champion 2000 inverter. Will power everything but the microwave and roof airs. 7 years old and must have at least 1500 hours on it. A couple years back it quit making juice so he took it apart and found a fried board. Champion sent him a redesigned much more robust board at no charge (Nice! It was years out of warranty). Just as quiet and fuel efficient as my 2000. Only downside, gravity fed carb with no fuel pump so no extended run tank feasible.

I snagged one of these http://www.samsclub.com/sams/digital-inverter-2100w-inverter-gen/prod13850485.ip?navAction= on close out for $299 at my local Sam's a few months back. Made by Homelite but has a 2 year warranty so WTH at that price I'll mothball the eu2000 and give it a rest. Runs great so far with only a couple hundred hours on it but it is a little louder and little more thirsty than the Honda or Champion. If you can find one on close out for $299, not a bad deal but time will tell.

Bottom line, for only around $500 and what I have experienced with my Buddies unit I wouldn't hesitate to get the Champion.

Edit; I have absolutely no experience with the Yammy 2000. I've seen quite a few larger Yammies and they are impressive but again I've never seen one of their 2000's running in the wild.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I've not seen a Yamaha in the wild, but the Honda units, small and larger, have been amazingly quiet and trouble free. Even when they look pretty well abused.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#13]
The week after Thanksgiving, Cabelas had the Yamaha EF2000IS on sale @ $599 . This price also included the extended 4 year warranty. I took one but should have got a pair.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#14]
So it's been two days.....did OP take the red or blue pill?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top