Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Why do postal inspectors have Ar15s than?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm fine with it. I pay for my shit my trading a portion of my LIFE to my employer in exchange for money...then some low life fuck is going to come along and destroy it? Would I shoot in this scenario? No. Do I feel bad about this kind of shoot? Hell no. Wish more people did it. Don't like it, stay the fuck away from other people's shit. Tell me the country wouldn't be a better place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People condoning firing lethal weapons at a non-lethal threat.

I'm fine with it. I pay for my shit my trading a portion of my LIFE to my employer in exchange for money...then some low life fuck is going to come along and destroy it? Would I shoot in this scenario? No. Do I feel bad about this kind of shoot? Hell no. Wish more people did it. Don't like it, stay the fuck away from other people's shit. Tell me the country wouldn't be a better place.

I'm with this guy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

56 pellets
View Quote

I thought we were supposed to use salt rock
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Suprise cockfag!

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 6:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Bad shoot, gives all gun owners a black eye.  He needs to pepper his angus and get ready for some tender loving.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The guy should have used a super soaker full of cat piss. Would have worked just as well.
View Quote

How would anyone ever save up that much cat piss?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

People condoning firing at the sound of an atv in the dark.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:16:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Mailboxes are considered federal property.  The guy was merely protecting federal property.  

From the USPS website.  How many people here realize that even though you purchase the mailbox it is still federal property.  

“Mailbox vandalism increases during the summer months, and we need to encourage everyone to be aware of any misconduct that may occur in their neighborhoods”, said Milwaukee Postmaster Kim Quayle.  Mailboxes are protected by federal law, and crimes against them and the mail they contain are considered a federal offense.  Violators can be fined up to $250,000 or imprisoned for up to three years for each act of vandalism.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Criminals shot during commission of a felony.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Criminal mischief in the nighttime.

One of those beat the rap but won't beat the ride kinda things though. Like my chl instructor said, "you gonna shoot the cheerleaders tp'ing your house in the middle of the night?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL. Probably not a good shoot.

At least it was just bird-shot; the teens will learn a lesson, and the shooter will be screwed for life now with a felony.

One of those beat the rap but won't beat the ride kinda things though. Like my chl instructor said, "you gonna shoot the cheerleaders tp'ing your house in the middle of the night?"

That ain't gonna carry much weight in TN.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least it was just bird-shot; the teens will learn a lesson, and the shooter will be screwed for life now with a felony.

He won't beat the rap, either.  And to address your Texas law statement; In Texas, to prevent criminal mischief in the nighttime you must be able to establish that using deadly force was immediately necessary, and that there was no other way to protect the property other than using deadly force, or that you reasonably believe that using less than deadly force would result in a substantial risk of death to you or another.

It is stupid and criminal to shoot someone over a damaged mailbox.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would've been a good shoot in texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Would've been a good shoot in texas.

Doubt it.  There are many qualifications to this

Texas Penal Code

Sec. 9.42.  DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.  A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1)  if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41;  and
(2)  when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A)  to prevent the other's imminent commission of ....., or criminal mischief during the nighttime

3)  he reasonably believes that:
(A)  the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or
(B)  the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

One cannot just use deadly force to prevent criminal mischief under all circumstances.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy should have used a super soaker full of cat piss. Would have worked just as well.

Well, first you get a bunch of cats, then you put them in a pen and feed them tuna mixed with extra water.  Then you wait with a suitable container.  It helps if they were used to going in a plastic box already and you just use those same boxes with no litter in it.  Often they will just go in the box and you sidle up and pour out the piss.  Yeah, it takes a lot of effort.  We sold it for somewheres upwards of $1k a quart, and that was back in the 90's.

(Serious, did that as part of a job.)

Who buys cat piss?  Researchers and kitty liter companies.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good shoot in Texas.

Fuck that kid, he's lucky he wasn't killed.

Perhaps his parents will sit him down and discuss his criminal behavior with him.

Nahh, that ain't happening.
View Quote

I see my Texas friends need to review the law.  ;)

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He won't beat the rap, either.  And to address your Texas law statement; In Texas, to prevent criminal mischief in the nighttime you must be able to establish that using deadly force was immediately necessary, and that there was no other way to protect the property other than using deadly force, or that you reasonably believe that using less than deadly force would result in a substantial risk of death to you or another.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Guy should have used some sort of non-deadly method to get his point across.   Bethpage is still semi-rural, so he might get a sympathetic judge and/or jury, but he is certainly going to be in a world of hurt.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#16]
3rd time in one week?  Not guilty.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Rock-salt less deadly and still gets message across.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:39:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I would kick my kids ass if I knew they were being vandals.

That said, no personal threat, bad shoot.

Maybe pop a couple off in the air to get them shitting their pants a bit.

I would also full expect to be held liable for all costs associated with repairs....which I would aggressively pass on to the dumbass kid through sweat equity.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#19]
PO Boxes. How do they work?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So flip it around.

Your kid is out doing kid stuff (almost every kid does something stupid at some point) and instead of an ass kicking, or being held financially accountable along with some form of  punishment, you would rather somebody just started shooting at them?

Not condoning vandalism, but it happens, and the damage can always be repaired. The punishment doesn't fit the crime if you are using deadly force.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Sounds like he shot at people engaged in the comission of a felony on his property.  ZFG.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt that
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#24]
The mailbox vandal wouldn't want me on that jury.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely.  Where did you get the bizarre notion that criminal vandals should not be fired upon?   Crawl over the fence at Area 51 or PanTex and see what happens to your "non-lethal threat" ass ....
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This thread will be good for outing all the "ma baby dindu nuffin" parents.
View Quote

Not a parent, but this guy shot at people on ATVs in the dark because he suspected they were the ones who'd vandalized his property. That's a very bad shoot. It's not even an 'illegal but I can sympathize' shoot.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Kid won't do that again.
View Quote

This.

Little sympathy.

Bad shoot.   But bad only because the law says so.   Morally, I think he ought to have a clear conscience.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#28]
rock salt should be 100% legal to deal with vandals, and trespassers.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Bad idea,criminally and civilly.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is one of the reasons so many reasonable, sensible people want to take our guns. When they say we're irresponsible nut jobs, they're right. We may be 'moral' according to our own morals, but we're not law abiding or prudent. We advocate wacky vigilante stuff. Would they still come after our guns if we were better citizens? Sure. But we'd have more support from people who are pro gun, but anti gun-nut if we could act like better grown-ups.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:06:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sounds like he shot at people engaged in the comission of a felony on his property.  ZFG.
View Quote

You guys should all call the local police and tell them how wrong they were to arrest this guy a slap him with 4 felonies.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The mailbox vandal wouldn't want me on that jury.
View Quote

You think the 13yr old is going to be a defendant in court on this?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is one of the reasons so many reasonable, sensible people want to take our guns. When they say we're irresponsible nut jobs, they're right. We may be 'moral' according to our own morals, but we're not law abiding or prudent. We advocate wacky vigilante stuff. Would they still come after our guns if we were better citizens? Sure. But we'd have more support from people who are pro gun, but anti gun-nut if we could act like better grown-ups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No ma'am, that's akin to trying to convert a rabid Hitlery supporter: not gonna happen no matter what you say.  It's like Kyle Reece's line in the original Terminator " it can be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with.  It doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear."
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The article says he shot at people engaged in ATV riding because he suspected they were the ones who'd been committing felonies. Very big difference.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#35]

When I was growing up out in West Texas there was a case of a guy who was tired of his rural mailbox being demolished by kids doing the whole "mailbox baseball" bit.  He took one of the oversize mailboxes and set one of the regular mailboxes in concrete inside of it.  He then mounted his creation on a stout pipe that was itself sunk into concrete.  I was basically bombproof.

After a few kids broke hands or wrists or whatever there was some hubbub but I don't remember the outcome.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
When I was growing up out in West Texas there was a case of a guy who was tired of his rural mailbox being demolished by kids doing the whole "mailbox baseball" bit.  He took one of the oversize mailboxes and set one of the regular mailboxes in concrete inside of it.  He then mounted his creation on a stout pipe that was itself sunk into concrete.  I was basically bombproof.

After a few kids broke hands or wrists or whatever there was some hubbub but I don't remember the outcome.
View Quote

Now that is funny.

For some reason we never have mailbox issues here, it never occurred to us as teens to drive back roads smacking mail boxes. We were all too busy trying to convince girls to take their clothes off.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The article says he shot at people engaged in ATV riding because he suspected they were the ones who'd been committing felonies. Very big difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Meh, I wouldn't do it, but there comes a point where you can't fault somebody being fucked with.

ETA: the kids he shot at were in fact the culprits, so it's not like he blasted some random guy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Excessive and dumb IMHO.  However if vandalizing a mailbox is a felony, and if Tennessee has language allowing the use of deadly force to prevent a felony; a good lawyer may be able to provide a legal defense.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No ma'am, that's akin to trying to convert a rabid Hitlery supporter: not gonna happen no matter what you say.  It's like Kyle Reece's line in the original Terminator " it can be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with.  It doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, some, you can't reach. But I'm a rabid 2a supporter and you're losing me. More and more, I'm thinking 'my people' are dangerous whackos. I'm not going to try to take away your guns before you fuck up, just because you talk about fucking up like it's a good thing, but I don't feel the solidarity with you that I once did.

And I'm not alone. There's a lot of respectable pro-2a people like me who are increasingly disgusted by 'our people'. Sovereign citizens and mouth breathing retards and apeshit Libertarians. It behooves us to be more conservative, prudent and law abiding and to draw in as many people as we can with our civilized and cautious behavior and speech.

TLDR: Y'all scare me. You scare other gun nuts too.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Years ago, one of our rural locals dealt w/it by replacing his std mailbox post w/a 4" steel pipe that went all the way through the mailbox. Kids came driving by w/a baseball bat to knock it over and the bat wielder got the bat bounced back into his face. No-one messed w/his mailbox again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Meh, I wouldn't do it, but there comes a point where you can't fault somebody being fucked with.  

ETA: the kids he shot at were in fact the culprits, so it's not like he blasted some random guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He got lucky. He shot as suspects on what looks to be a public road, not people committing a crime.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:23:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I took all the fun out of destroying our mailbox by replacing with a cheap plastic one that you can beat to pieces, then snap them all back again like nothing ever happened.  I was tired of trying to present a nice neighborhood appearance at the expense and hassle of a new mailbox every couple weeks.

The local vandals beat the plastic (like Rubbermaid) box once, it took me all of a minute to reassemble - and they stopped since it wasn't costing me bucks or leaving big "look what I did" dents.

It might have been more satisfying to stay up all night with a loaded gun and kill some youth for stupid kid tricks - but honestly only a weak-headed jerk who was bullied as a kid would do that.  I chose to sleep... and in my own bed.  

My guess is the shooter is a liberal, and overall bad shoot.
View Quote

Blah blah blah. Letting some shit stain punk you, sounds like you're the lefty feeling bad about your white privilege.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Vandalism sucks but there are more sane options available.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#44]
When did vandalism become a thing in this country anyway...

It takes a pretty spoiled rotten abused kid to be so angry at the world he feels justified wrecking other people's stuff to "get even"...

In the old days kids raided the neighbors gardens and fields stealing food items...sweet corn, tomatoes, beans,peas or chickens....and they were instructed as to right and wrong
by the farmer with a load of rock salt.

My dad was a kid who got a backside of rock salt one night....an experience he said he never wanted to repeat...

The farmer was considered by all especially his mom (his dad was killed when he was four yrs old leaving grandma to raise 6 kids alone during the depression) to be
completely righteous in the shooting.

He felt bad given my grandmas situation and helped out when he could...I think my dad even got hired by him to some clean up and general handyman work....

My dad hated thievery after that...and eventually became an officer in the US Navy & Provost Marshal at GLNTC
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bird shot from more than about 20 yards is hardly lethal. I bet it didn't even break the skin.

Guy's still an idiot.

We had the same problem. A mailbox made of 1/4" plate steel, welded together makes a great sound when hit with a bat.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He got lucky. He shot as suspects on what looks to be a public road, not people committing a crime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't have shot over a mailbox, either.  I've got a camera looking at my driveway that can see the mailbox very clearly.  In this situation, I take a copy of footage to the County Sheriff and to the Postmaster.  Enjoy the Federal Charges, punk ass kids and worthless ass parents.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
When did vandalism become a thing in this country anyway...

It takes a pretty spoiled rotten abused kid to be so angry at the world he feels justified wrecking other people's stuff to "get even"...

In the old days kids raided the neighbors gardens and fields stealing food items...sweet corn, tomatoes, beans,peas or chickens....and they were instructed as to right and wrong
by the farmer with a load of rock salt.

My dad was a kid who got a backside of rock salt one night....an experience he said he never wanted to repeat...

The farmer was considered by all especially his mom (his dad was killed when he was four yrs old leaving grandma to raise 6 kids alone during the depression) to be
completely righteous in the shooting.

He felt bad given my grandmas situation and helped out when he could...I think my dad even got hired by him to some clean up and general handyman work....

My dad hated thievery after that...and eventually became an officer in the US Navy & Provost Marshal at GLNTC
View Quote

I think you are seeing the past through rose colored glasses.

Vandalism has always been a thing, and especially with young rebellious teens.

Kids out smashing mailboxes aren't thinking "I'll show them...by smashing this mail box" They are thinking "I'm going to smash this mailbox for the thrill of it...I bet it will look really cool too"

Kids are retarded, and even the best ones have moments of poor impulse control.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would you get it in the first place?

Edit: Explained in detail in earlier post. Quite interesting.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Absolutely.  Where did you get the bizarre notion that criminal vandals should not be fired upon?   Crawl over the fence at Area 51 or PanTex and see what happens to your "non-lethal threat" ass ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit, is there any evidence that someone has been shot for trespassing or vandalism at these places?

Infact, our government has gone as far as to thank vandals for exposing security gaps at Oak Ridge.

An 82-year-old pacifist nun facing felony charges for breaking into a Tennessee nuclear weapons plant was publicly thanked on Wednesday by conservative members of a House committee for exposing security flaws.

Representative Joe Barton, a Texas Republican had invited Sister Megan Gillespie Rice of Las Vegas to stand up and be recognized at the hearing, held by the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s subcommittee on oversight and investigations.
http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/12/a-nun-is-appreciated-but-not-for-what-she-intended/

Their conviction for 'sabotage' was also overturned.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Years ago, one of our rural locals dealt w/it by replacing his std mailbox post w/a 4" steel pipe that went all the way through the mailbox. Kids came driving by w/a baseball bat to knock it over and the bat wielder got the bat bounced back into his face. No-one messed w/his mailbox again.
View Quote

A neighbor had a similar situation when he filled the post and box with concrete. Somehow the bat got hung up on the still standing mailbox and broke the little bastard's arm as it pulled him out of the car. Made so much noise that the neighbor came outside and the other teens drove off, leaving the guy in the ditch on the side of the road.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top