Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for an entertaining 4 pages of reading fellas.....

[b]I knew there was a reason I haven't been on a plane since 1982.[/b]

Mike
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice dodge of the issue Adam_White.

Don't bother to respond, I know that you were assuming that your vision of the guy was correct, and it turns out that it's not....
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 2:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not afraid of flying.  I am, like W-G, totally intolerant of horseshit like this...which is why I stay out of the situation.  It's GONNA escalate.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Amen Quietshootr
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That, and then the Nazi shit and I would have found every reason to detain and question is ass too.
View Quote

Since when is it a crime to be a Nazi or a White Supremacist?  Last time I checked, it wasn't.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice dodge of the issue Adam_White.

Don't bother to respond, I know that you were assuming that your vision of the guy was correct, and it turns out that it's not....
View Quote

What am I dodging now?

I said "friends" - in quotes.  You said he was not your friend, just an acquaintence.  Well, I didn't know exactly what term to use - you said you knew him, you WERE defending him, so hence "friends" IN FREAKIN' QUOTES.

As for the declaration thing - I never once stated I knew for sure, I specifically worded it as to being how I always understood it - and what I have always done.  Someone corrected me, and then that issue was resolved.

As for his appearance?  I said, "I can only imagine how he was dressed" you said he would have been dressed preppy-like.  OK, I have no reason to doubt that - so what's the big deal?  It still doesn't change the basic facts of the event.

Perhaps the race thing?  If it wasn't you, than I must have you mistaken for someone else - I must have been involved in a race thread around the smae time as the Lynch thread so I remembered your name from it.

I honestly can't find what issue you are waiting for feedback from me on.  I made it more than clear that the simple fact that he was carrying firearms was not the reason for his troubles.  There was a long chain of events and circumstances involved.  People here are making it sound as if checking your weapons at a counter is a guarantee of getting arrested by "Jack Booted Thugs."  They are going off on the TSA when it was not the TSA's decision or authority to make the arrest.

I will state again, legal or illegal, you put enough items together, you will fit a profile.  He practiced poor judgement, and seemed to have had a case of bad luck with the T-shirt - which didn't help anything.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top