User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:14:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It has more to do with the Africans slaughtering the elephants and selling the ivory to China.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ivory.....because some hungry African child......who will die anyway.

It has more to do with the Africans slaughtering the elephants and selling the ivory to China.  

In the meantime 3 or 4 Central African countries are over ran with the damn things. They destroy everything they touch and are not endangered in any way shape or form. Want to stop poaching? Lift the ivory bans.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
In the meantime 3 or 4 Central African countries are over ran with the damn things. They destroy everything they touch and are not endangered in any way shape or form. Want to stop poaching? Lift the ivory bans.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ivory.....because some hungry African child......who will die anyway.

Sorry. No sensible solutions allowed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Complete Hijack question - we just inherited a baby grand piano with ivory - does this apply to us?  It is a Steinway and while my wife and i will never sell it how f$@%'ed are our kids if they want to sell it when we knock off?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Barrghargack I feel like these stupid shitfuckers should all eat a bowlful of there own diarrhea and choke on a bag of dicks.  Whatever uninformed, maligned, over-educated, mouth-breathing, mentally mutated, government cunt-swilling shitstick no-economics-understanding, man-on-the-street fuckfucker dreamed this retarded shit out of his ass would best serve the rest of humanity by consuming himself feet-first so that at some point he can die in confusion from eating his own self-shit.  Fuck.

Wow.  I liked my world perspective better under the influence of alcohol - when owning ivory coolstuff meant you just got drunk and peacefully gloated about your own toys.  Sobriety is sober.  God help this world and all that sucks in it if America ever wakes up from it's near-beer, NFL, and Reality TV induced slumber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell us how you really feel... Come on, don't holdback now.

Barrghargack I feel like these stupid shitfuckers should all eat a bowlful of there own diarrhea and choke on a bag of dicks.  Whatever uninformed, maligned, over-educated, mouth-breathing, mentally mutated, government cunt-swilling shitstick no-economics-understanding, man-on-the-street fuckfucker dreamed this retarded shit out of his ass would best serve the rest of humanity by consuming himself feet-first so that at some point he can die in confusion from eating his own self-shit.  Fuck.

Wow.  I liked my world perspective better under the influence of alcohol - when owning ivory coolstuff meant you just got drunk and peacefully gloated about your own toys.  Sobriety is sober.  God help this world and all that sucks in it if America ever wakes up from it's near-beer, NFL, and Reality TV induced slumber.

10 out mother fucking 10.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a pretty big conservationist and Iknow that if they make the ivory trade legit and allow funds to go towards the management of the elephants and to keep poachers off the game reserves the elephant would be here to stay. But nooooo, can't have actual methods and soloutions that work, not to mention all the dumb asses who don't understand how African poaching and animal Managment works.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I would buy it from you....

Fuck the .gov.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Complete Hijack question - we just inherited a baby grand piano with ivory - does this apply to us?  It is a Steinway and while my wife and i will never sell it how f$@%'ed are our kids if they want to sell it when we knock off?
View Quote

You can't even give it to your kids if I understand everything correctly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
By the time I got to this post you edited out the part about the picture of your grandfather holding them.  

I now take it you bought them and they are not in fact family heirlooms?

Did they not come with the proper paperwork?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How did "the government" even find out that you had them?

Its like this - if I want to sell them, they need to be "legal" - like a machinegun with paperwork vs an illegal machinegun.  Except in this case, I can possess them, but I cannot transfer them.  So basically they can sit there and look nice, but I cannot sell them.  Because government.

Land of the free.  Home of the brave?

So you're like the very first ivory neckbeard?

No.  I'm just another motherfucker that bought himself something nice and would like to be able to sell it without the government telling me I can't.  Crawl back into the asshole of America with that neckbeard shit.
By the time I got to this post you edited out the part about the picture of your grandfather holding them.  

I now take it you bought them and they are not in fact family heirlooms?

Did they not come with the proper paperwork?

Was a figurative depiction of the scenario for the sake of simplicity and the understanding of others.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did the ivory inspectors come to your house?

I've got a beautiful ivory Buddha statue and hopefully the ivory inspectors never come to my home to search.
View Quote

Yeah there really aren't any ivory inspectors as far as I can tell - this isn't quite as, well, frowned upon as machine guns or human trafficking.  Just frustrating and stupid.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell us how you really feel... Come on, don't holdback now.

Yeah, I'm proud of that one.  I'd like to have my own reality TV program where I get to rant at stupid fuckers about their dumb shit.  Oh wait - I'm self employed so I already do that except no cameras and I actually contribute - unlike the fucking government.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Its like this - if I want to sell them, they need to be "legal" - like a machinegun with paperwork vs an illegal machinegun.  Except in this case, I can possess them, but I cannot transfer them.  So basically they can sit there and look nice, but I cannot sell them.  Because government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How did "the government" even find out that you had them?

Gotcha that sucks. I hadn't thought of that angle.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top