Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I am quite familiar with the Sacramento area.  Avoid the North area and Rancho.
The swankiest places to live are 95819/95816 and 95822/95818, but they cost a fat sack of cash.  
If you don't mind commuting a ways, you can still find some reasonable deals.  Are you going to be in the city itself, or outside (Roseville/Folsom)?

You should check out home prices before you decide.
Sacramento Bee Homes

Sac Valley is a fantastic range.  I have not been there in awhile, but they used to hold competitive pistol shooting on Saturdays.  The rifle range is outstanding.  

There is also an okay public indoor range called James Mangan. No rapid fire allowed though.  I used to shoot bullseye there on Tues. and Thur. nights.   Amazingly, it is owned by the city, so they try to keep it low key.

As others have warned, more than just the gun laws are f'ed up. On the bright side, Sacramento is 2 hours drive from everything.

P.S.  You might want to brush up on your Spanish before you get here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I here your moving because of a big pay increase.  While that is certainly attractive, have you thoroughly considered the cost of housing and other basic necessities.  

IMO when you are in your prime earning years you must go where it makes more sense economically.  Gun rights are a consideration but can't be the priority if you are married and have kids.  Your economic security matters most.  

When you consider you have to feed people beside yourself, buy the nice-ities of life, and save for your retirement at the same time gun rights would probably take a back seat for me.  

Just make sure you are really getting ahead.  Do your math and don't look back.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You cannot bring 20-round magazines into the state; you cannot buy them here. Do not come here. Repeat, I would not advise anyone to come here that loves freedom. Please do not take the promotion.

The only way I know of to legally bring in an AR series rifle into the state is if you are in the military. Then you can apply for a special 'Assault Weapon' permit with the CA DOJ. Paul would be able to fill you in on that one (moderator Paul).

Take the promotion if you like:

Traffic that bursts blood vessels in your brain.
Smog to chew on 9 months of the year.
Absurd firearms laws.
All the libs, illegal aliens and homos you can shake a stick at.
A population COMPLETELY out of control, making their own rules as they go, driving like blind maniacs, true believers in political correctness, and one which freely accepts criminal gang members as 'troubled youths'.

You can even buy my house if you want. I'm selling it to make preparations for my move to Nevada.

EDITED TO SAY: Did I mention don't come here? You'll be slitting your wrists somewhere down the road...

+1+1+1+1+1

That's why I left in 02'.  Do miss it ..no does the wife miss it... she lets me know everyweek
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Move to Nevada......this is the gun state
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't go!!!

ITS A TRAP!!!!

+1,000,000

Stay where you are!  I hate this place!

Im with you. This place blows large hairy nut sacks.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I left California in 1974 and never looked back. For thirty years I kept hearing from  Dad "When are you coming back?".  A couple of months ago while talking with him about politics I told him what I thought about California politics, particularly senator f.  I don't think I'll be asked again.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You cannot bring 20-round magazines into the state; you cannot buy them here. Do not come here. Repeat, I would not advise anyone to come here that loves freedom. Please do not take the promotion.

The only way I know of to legally bring in an AR series rifle into the state is if you are in the military. Then you can apply for a special 'Assault Weapon' permit with the CA DOJ. Paul would be able to fill you in on that one (moderator Paul).

Take the promotion if you like:

Traffic that bursts blood vessels in your brain.
Smog to chew on 9 months of the year.
Absurd firearms laws.
All the libs, illegal aliens and homos you can shake a stick at.
A population COMPLETELY out of control, making their own rules as they go, driving like blind maniacs, true believers in political correctness, and one which freely accepts criminal gang members as 'troubled youths'.

You can even buy my house if you want. I'm selling it to make preparations for my move to Nevada.

EDITED TO SAY: Did I mention don't come here? You'll be slitting your wrists somewhere down the road...

You've convinced me not to move there.
Plus one for living in a free state!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
WHy don't you come out here and look for yourself first before you deside.

LOTS of good features about California.  Yes prices are high, but so is opurtunity.

ANd you can always store the AR15's out of state until you go back.  But the truth is, once most people get here they find they love it.

We are the largest and best state by mistake you know.

Sgtar15

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#9]
No promotion is worth moving to California.

But if you do go there, I'll hold your AR15 & all related goodies in the warm & dry Arizona air so nothing will happen to them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#11]
yes u could alwyas buy something like an M1A

but dont even think about the 20 rounders. If they ever tried to catch u, they could easily prove u didnt have them here before 2000. Since u are moving in wayy after that date.

Also, any handgun brought in cannot have threaded barrels, or forward detaching magazines, barrel shrouds, etc etc (so no tec-9 craps, or sp-89, although a semi auto mac-10 style is legal as long as it doesnt have a threaded barrel. I'm sure someone would be willing to buy that if u happen to have one or saw a good price on it. We can no longer buy such things since theyr enot state approved but we can buy em via private party transfers)

As for shotguns, any semi auto with a detachable mag is not allowed, and a semi auto with a pistol grip and collapsing stock is not allowed. U can bring in any pump though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]

I think he posted he was staying.

So everyone can stop now. It's depressing to hear about those commie gun laws in American state.

The bad thing is alot of those asswipe Kali Liberals are moving here to Arizona.

Then they freak out,  when they see someone with opencarry here.

Oh my God you can do that here in Arizona.  Yes we can!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Gosh, I think Sgtar15 is pretty bumbed out about you not coming out to cali (he had his hopes up)
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top