Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Granola.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Eat what ever you want to eat

Do not mix carbs with either protein or fats during the same meal.

If  you are going to eat dairy products don't combine them with anything.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

W. T. F. over

Just what the hell is that regiment supposed to accomplish

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I thought you were supposed to avoid eating carbs and fat in the same meal, but either one with protein was good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#5]
This is not a new concept.

Do a search on "food combining".  There are 1000s of hits.

It is real and it works.

The human stomach was not made to digest two different types of foods at the same time.  Meats and proteins need a hydrochloric acid atmosphere to be digested, carbs need a  caustic (opposite of acid) and dairy products can only be digested in the duodenum (small intestine).

When a cave man killed an animal he had to eat it as quickly as it could before it spoiled.  While fresh meat was available, he would not eat roots or anything else that could be stored.

It is how humans evolved and your health is totally dependant  upon proper digestion.

Eat meat and potatoes at the same meal and your digestive juices are neutralized (mix an acid and a base).  Nothing that you eat is digested properly - What happens as a result?  Just about everything that can go wrong with you from simple heartburn to heart disease.

What I am describing is one of the 2 or 3 secrets of health.

Sound like bullshit?

OK for 50 years doctors have told you to eliminate meat and fats from your diet.  If you are able to do this your cholesterol will go down a little bit.  Right?

It has also been proven that if you only eat meat and fat (Atkins - no carbs), your cholesterol will go down as well.  Right?

Both are true statements.  What is not said is that your cholesterol goes up as a result of combining them together in the same meal.

Man was made to consume just about anything - just not at the same time.

Have fruit for breakfast.  Have pasta for lunch.  Have meat/fats for dinner.

You can combine most vegetables with just about anything.  Tomatoes are an exception.

If you are interested in this you may also look at digestion times for different foods.  It will give you more information on food layering and waiting times between different foods.

This is real.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#6]
quick oatmeal with raisens, cover with milk and heat in microwave for  3 minutes... best with strawberries and bannanas, but microwave first.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
buffalo meat and old fashioned grassfed beef without the estrogenic hormones and wierd chemicals.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Boatloads of sushi.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It is real and it works.

The human stomach was not made to digest two different types of foods at the same time.  Meats and proteins need a hydrochloric acid atmosphere to be digested, carbs need a  caustic (opposite of acid) and dairy products can only be digested in the duodenum (small intestine).

When a cave man killed an animal he had to eat it as quickly as it could before it spoiled.  While fresh meat was available, he would not eat roots or anything else that could be stored.

It is how humans evolved and your health is totally dependant  upon proper digestion.

Eat meat and potatoes at the same meal and your digestive juices are neutralized (mix an acid and a base).  Nothing that you eat is digested properly - What happens as a result?  Just about everything that can go wrong with you from simple heartburn to heart disease.

Sound like bullshit?

OK for 50 years doctors have told you to eliminate meat and fats from your diet.  If you are able to do this your cholesterol will go down a little bit.  Right?

It has also been proven that if you only eat meat and fat (Atkins - no carbs), your cholesterol will go down as well.  Right?

Both are true statements.  What is not said is that your cholesterol goes up as a result of combining them together in the same meal.

You can combine most vegetables with just about anything.  Tomatoes are an exception.

If you are interested in this you may also look at digestion times for different foods.  It will give you more information on food layering and waiting times between different foods.

This is real.

Good write up. Im in total agreement here. I worked the produce docks for along time. Taking corn loads picked w/in 24hrs out of the sunny fields HOT the shippers would pack it in ice........mmmmmmmmmm you could just taste the nurishment in eating it RAW!....just like pie
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Carrot cake - counts as 1 vegetable.  If you put some cream cheese icing on it you get one dairy serving to!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Favorite Healthy meal: Steak, salad, and baked potato. As far as healthy eating and weight loss is concerned, the formula is simple. Over the past 14 months or so, I have reduced my weight by 115 pounds. Nothing fried, No fast food, No sugar. Do some cardio for 30 minutes 5 days a week. No special diet at all, just common sense and smaller meals. Easy stuff, wish I had been smarter sooner.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Whole wheat or muliti-grain bread
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#15]
The biggest problem with "healthy" food is usually the taste. I'd eat a lot more salads, if there was a decent lowfat dressing available. Finally, I devised my own. Made to my tastes. 2/3 malt or balsamic vinegar (or both), 1/3 extra virgin olive oil, and about 1 tablespoon of  hot Sambal. Mix the vinegar & Sambal together, then add the oil. Don't refrigerate, just leave it on the counter, and it'll get even better with a little age. Now I can actually tolerate a decent salad, and not just iceberg lettuce, either. That has the nutritional value of styrofoam.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:44:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It is real and it works.

Sound like bullshit?

This is real.

There's also 1000s of hits for "Holocaust never happened".  Are we supposed to believe that too?

And how do you know what "cavemen" ate

Not saying this isnt true but I think this is about the first time I've ever really heard of this.  And if it were true, they would put it out more often.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:09:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Low-Fat cottage cheese is my favorite healthy food :)  It makes a great lunch with carrots!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:11:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Whole wheat pita and hummus.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It is real and it works.

Sound like bullshit?

This is real.

I do not have personal experiance with this one (have done atkins successfully) but highly suspect that something like it will work.   I dated a vegitarian for years, and it worked for her at liest as well as atkins worked for me.

Personnally I figured we were designed for seasonal diets - when one item is available in nature, it is usually very abundant for a short period of time.  I do not see why we would evolve or be designed any differently.  

My bigger fear is that more and more food, is becoming less and less natural.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:40:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

My bigger fear is that more and more food, is becoming less and less natural.

I'm also afraid that may be one of our biggest problems.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Baked Salmon

Lean cuts of beef.

Steamed mixed vegitables.

Salad with a light vinegar and oil dressing.

Yougart and granola.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:13:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Washington Apples
Costco Oranges (Florida?)
Albertson's Fat Free Yogurt
Coscto Mixed Nuts
Costco Chicken Teryaki mixed in a fresh salad
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is real and it works.

Sound like bullshit?

This is real.

There's also 1000s of hits for "Holocaust never happened".  Are we supposed to believe that too?

And how do you know what "cavemen" ate

Not saying this isnt true but I think this is about the first time I've ever really heard of this.  And if it were true, they would put it out more often.

Someone first told me about the food combining concept about 5 years ago.

I have practiced it off and on during that period of time.

When I am on it I don't have gas, I don't feel bloated, I have more energy, I sleep better and I do not get heartburn.

At any point when I eat a sandwich or meat and potatoes(or even bread with meat), I get gas, feel bloated etc.

I have gotten many other friends to try it and the results are the same for everyone.  It is also instantaneous, when you do it, within 24 to 48 hours - you will feel better.  When you go off of it you will fell the difference.

You have never heard of it because no one can make a profit on it.  In fact it is the exact opposite - Drug companies would lose there ass, Doctors too.

One of the biggest problems is that it is just to simple for the average person to believe.

Your reaction is normal.

Simply try it.  It is easy.  If it works for you tell others.

Meat taking hydrochlori acid to digest and carbs taking a caustic atmosphere is basic human information.  Look it up.  What happens when you mix an acid and a base together is first week - first course chemistry.  Look it up.

Look at it from another perspective:

Humans have eaten meat and fat forever.  It can not be toxic to us.  Man evolved with it.  We have eaten grain for ever, it can not be toxic as well.

MDs telling us to avoid meats and fats are both right and wrong.  The same with Atkins in reverse.  They are both right and they are both wrong!

If everyones cholesterol drops when they go on either diet - then your cholesterol can only go up as a result of combining the two food types.  The important thing to recognize is that you do not have to make a lifetime choice about what to eat and what not to eat - you only have to make that choice at each meal!  It is either carbs or meat/fats.  Not both.

Try it, it will change your life.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Hmmmm.....

Not quite agree with this. From everything I have read, some of it is true.

Bottom line is fats gets stored if not burned. That is how our body works. The main problem with the modern diet is that our intake far outwieghs our output. Since we are talking about caveman days. In those days people had to chase down food. Now we just get in our car and drive to McDonalds and go back home sit in front of the TV. Caveman days - 5000 calories burned to eat 2000 calories. Today - 1000 burned to eat 5000 calories.

Fats simply just do not get burned but rather gets stored on top of fats. There is no longer any cardio exercise to keep the heart and lungs in shape. Combined with what we eat, our arteries gets clogged up.

Eating too much starch and not exercising will cause the starch to be stored as fats in the body for later use. Eating too much fats will cause to the body to store it for later use. If that use never comes, you basically start hearing the phrases; fatso, lard ass, that's a big bitch, I hope he/she doesn't sit on me, did you inhale/eat another person, lookout its a whale.

Output must outweigh your input. As well as staying away from processed foods.

Oh and with regards to Atkins. IT IS NOT NO CARB diet. It is a LOW carb diet. And if people just read the damn book, and not just going by what people say about it. They will know that the whole NO CARB thing last only in the first phase. Vegetable and fruits actually are recommended and encouraged on this diet. I have eaten more vegetable in the 3yrs I have been on this diet than I have ever in my life.

Well.....

Number 1 - It is impossible for the human body to eat either fat or protein and to convert it into human fat.  The human body is incapable of doing it.

Number 2 - Carbs are the only substance that a human body is able to eat and convert into stored human fat.

You can eat all the fat/protein you want each day and will never put on an ounce of weight (stored fat) unless you also eat carbs.

If you eat 10,000 calories a day of fat/protein with 1000 calories in carbs then the 1000 calories of carbs may be converted to human fat.

If you just eat the 10,000 calories of fat/protein(n0 carbs) then you will convert zero to human body fat.

And I understand how the Atkins diet works.  There are carbs in fruits which can be consumed with Atkins.    The human body needs to have trace amounts of carbs each day to remain healthy.  My point is only to not consume them together in the same meal with fats/protein.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top