User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, deadbeat tenants.  Three times in small claims court, I won each time.

Your doing good.  I've got probably 15 judgments in the last three years.  I wish they would pay.  I sure can use the 6 or 7K that's owed to me.

It helped that I had their employer info and SSN's as part of the application / credit check process before we signed the lease.  Wage garnishment FTW.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I was sued by direct TV for "allegedly" hacking there cards

$3500 to settle with them. Or $15000 for a lawyer to fight it

what would you choose

Cable
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, deadbeat tenants.  Three times in small claims court, I won each time.

Your doing good.  I've got probably 15 judgments in the last three years.  I wish they would pay.  I sure can use the 6 or 7K that's owed to me.

It helped that I had their employer info and SSN's as part of the application / credit check process before we signed the lease.  Wage garnishment FTW.

I had their employer info and SSN's too.  But these properties don't necessarily attract the credit worthy people so I have to make judgment calls on that.  Obviously I'm not very good at that though.  It's the nature of the business I guess.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm part of 2 class action lawsuits right now... 1st is an airline... something dealing with fees. 2nd is the company that was managing mine and a lot of other people's 401k's...

I think if I'm on the winning side, I'll get a grand total of $4.22. I'll be sure to spend it on a cheeseburger somewhere and a diet coke.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm part of 2 class action lawsuits right now... 1st is an airline... something dealing with fees. 2nd is the company that was managing mine and a lot of other people's 401k's...

I think if I'm on the winning side, I'll get a grand total of $4.22. I'll be sure to spend it on a cheeseburger somewhere and a diet coke.

I was going to say don't spend that all in one place but I see you've already got plans for it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top