User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
blah

I instantly whipped out my spyder co. military seraded folder S&W 1911and prepared to defend my self. The two SOBs ran VERY quickly in the opposite direction.

I love my spyder co. 1911

This is how that would've played out in TX

Pg 3 is ALL MINE
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
used it on a steak at a decent restaurant?

My wife fussed at me for this

I guess if you dont use  your knife for any real work, it would be clean enough to eat with.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Is a Case MiniTrapper considered tactical/tacticool?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Some of you fellas need to invest in another knife. You know it is ok to own more than one.

-work knife
-weekend knife
-BBQ knife
-casual knife
-dress knife
-defense knife
-etc...

Uhhh. Isn't this normal? I have out to dinner knives for me AND the misses.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
blah

I instantly whipped out my spyder co. military seraded folder S&W 1911and prepared to defend my self. The two SOBs ran VERY quickly in the opposite direction.

I love my spyder co. 1911

This is how that would've played out in TX

Pg 3 is ALL MINE

:) damn straight! i hate illinois not allowing CCW's :(
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Always. Knives in restaurants aren't sharp, and I shouldn't have to saw at a filet mignon like it's a meatloaf.

ETA: True story a few days ago. I'm out with some friends, and one of them needs a knife to open...something. So I flick out my BM 721 and hand it to him. Then he asks

"Why aren't you carrying your new knife?[ teeny-tiny BokerPlus SubCom F]"
I say "I've got that one on me too."
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:45:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I've used my Ka-Bar to cut steaks and oranges for myself at home.  I guess that counts.    I've heard that a M7 Bayonet also makes a good steak knife.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep, cut a steak in Ft. Worth and had my female National Guard recruiter look at me all crazy.  I told her to pipe down because I had more time on Active duty than she had in the Guard.  I used to use the same Benchmade Stryker to open my mail with when I was stationed in Germany.  It would seriously freak out this big ass dude from NY state too!

P.S.  I've skinned animals, turned screws. and cut a bajillion different things with my Stryker and hardly ever gotten stares around Texas, Germany and most anywhere else in the Army.  But then I got activated to go to Iraq and Ft. Dix told me I could'nt have my knife.  WTF Pussies?  I checked my SOG Navy Seal 2000 with my 1SG, WTF are you so scared of?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#9]
I used my Spyderco Police SE on a steak one time at the restaurant my wife manages. Nobody gave me the , but my wife told me not to do that again; it might scare the customers.

That being said, she's been a really good sport about my knife collecting, and now carries one of her two Spyderco's(Lava and Calypso Jr.) every day, in addition to her Kel-Tec P3AT. She rocks.

Those people who at the sight of a knife are worthless pussies beneath my contempt, and they will NEVER borrow my blade. Let them scrabble and pick at packaging with their fingernails, the politically "correct" turds.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top