Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was to busy having sex to worry about it
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep.
Twice in my life I've lived within 100 feet of cemeteries.
And I've spent many nights wandering through them.
No big deal.

ETA: It ain't the dead ones you need to worry about...
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I grew up next door to the town cemetery so it served as the neighborhood playground.  I've never seen anything spooky, weird, or unexplained over there.  Might be part of why I do not believe in ghosts or the supernatural.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I was handcuffed in a graveyard one Halloween, does that count?
'
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I went to one at night on Oct 12th.  Several dead people spoke to me and told me about their lives.  It was pretty cool.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B26QziPcm-GVZ1lrc1hPRXNiT2c/edit?usp=sharing
View Quote

That's pretty neat.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck no, nope.  NO WAY!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Try sitting in a graveyard alone at night so you can do a stakeout on some dope houses???

Been there, done that.  A lil creepy when the lil led lights on some of the graves start popping on.

Or when some homeless guy gets up out of hole in front of you!   He was homeless, right fellas??
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try sitting in a graveyard alone at night so you can do a stakeout on some dope houses???

Been there, done that.  A lil creepy when the lil led lights on some of the graves start popping on.

Or when some homeless guy gets up out of hole in front of you!   He was homeless, right fellas??
View Quote

What kind of ghetto cemetery are you in?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#9]
One of the buildings where I work was built right over a graveyard. They supposedly relocated the graves but there was a minor stir a couple of years ago when they did some construction there and unearthed some remains.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, and my Dad asked:
"How many dead people are in there?"
and I said...
"All of them :D "
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Used to sit in a graveyard at night and smoke cigs, drank beer.
Never seen anything spooky.

Worked in a graveyard (huge city owned cemetery) cutting grass for
about a year after HS. No spooks, just fucking hot as hell.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did you see anything spooky?
View Quote

Jesus, when did this become a teen chat room? Join date: check
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Not that I remember but one day I'll spend every night out there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#14]
About 20 years ago when I was a free spirited young man, I was walking out alone to still hunt in the swamps of NE North Carolina. My path took me through an old family cemetary in the middle of a field of crops. It was 4am and pitch dark in November and bitterly cold.

As I made my way through the fields by moonlight, only, I decided to cross through  the gravestones. No sooner did i get among the stones then  a heavy fog rolled in. It went from hazy to pea soupy in seconds. I was  struggling to find my way and thats when I heard it. There were sounds of many sets of feet walking all around me just out of sight. I do not scare easily, but that shotgun i was carrying was instantly brought to low ready and stayed there until I got clear of the graves and the creepy fog that clung to them. Once I got back out to the fields, the fog lifted and the sounds died out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Pulled about 3 -4 weekends working overnight dusk to dawn shifts in one when working in security years ago. The cemetery management had hired security to watch for trespassers since kids occasionally snuck in late at night.

Nothing interesting happened. Just drove around real slow, listened to the radio, saw the occasional rabbit or raccoon, and checked in at the office every couple hours.The caretaker and his family lived in a house right in the middle of the cemetery.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#16]
As a child, my yard butted up to a cemetery.  I was in there all of the time.  I never saw anything out of the ordinary, although I did hear a fox "screaming" out there at about three in the morning.  It certainly startled my out of my sleep.

Another time, in a nearby cemetery, I encountered a great horned owl doing some tree-hopping.  If one didn't know what it was, it would probably be frightening.

There was one time, though:

When I was on night shift, we would patrol one cemetery that was right in the middle of the ghetto (Woodland Cemetery).  It is actually a very interesting cemetery, dating back to the mid 1800s, and being home to many ornate mausoleums, and towering memorials, many featuring marble angels.  One rainy night, a shadowy figure emerged from amongst the crypts, and started making its way toward our car.  It slowly ambled toward the small road that bisected the cemetery, twitching and limping along.  Finally, it revealed itself under the pale glow of the only working light in the cemetery.  

It was...

...a cracked-out prostitute taking a shortcut to her housing project.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:03:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes, many times.  There was a cemetery up on top of the hill behind dads house.  You had to walk by it on the way to one of our party spots.

It had two ( husband and wife) tombstones that where shaped like  lounges.  Headstones and then a large slab of connected granite that formed the "lounge".

We would dare one another to lay down on them for varying amounts of time.

Never saw anything more spooky than some ugly chicks in that cemetery.

We used to "sleep out" a stones throw from it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:24:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Overrated. There actually aren't that many dead bodies in most cemetaries. The ghouls usually clear them out pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

When I was on night shift, we would patrol one cemetery that was right in the middle of the ghetto (Woodland Cemetery).
View Quote

That's the name of the one I'm sitting in right now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Been there at night, saw nothing interesting.

We did do some night sledding at a cemetery, those stone thingies are very hard, on impact.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yes, and no.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep. Nope.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes.

Fitch Cemetary in Eureka. The only "spooky" thing was the fact that it's single point of entry had a swinging meter-style gate on it, so only one person at a time could enter or exit.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Does it count as a graveyard if they're in the basement?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just guessing - one of your coworkers had something to do with that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:23:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Went to the local one when I was dating in highschool to bury the stiff.
View Quote

I see what you did there!  And, I have done this too.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#27]
early morning PT at Ft Sam, drills liked to run us through the cemetery at least once a week, never saw anything weird, kinda spooky though.  I didn't pay much attention though, usually I was too busy sweating out all the liquor  I drank the night before to notice much though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:39:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
One of the buildings where I work was built right over a graveyard. They supposedly relocated the graves but there was a minor stir a couple of years ago when they did some construction there and unearthed some remains.
View Quote

You mean:   They only moved the headstones?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Lived next to a grave yard for 12 yrs.
They were just fine.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:45:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Many times.  There were these rocks growing out of the ground.  Freaky as hell.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Losing a spouse? Or parent?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get any fancy new rings?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One day we will all spend every night out there.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Only once. Many years ago. There's an old Revolutionary War Era cemetary somewhere off of Longstreet at Bragg in the middle of the training area. I took a girl I was dating one night in the spring with the sole intent of getting naked and getting busy. But when she saw where we were going, she got so freaked out that I thought she was going to shit herself! Nothing spooky there, although I could see that she was white as a sheet.

I knew I wasn't going to win that fight, so I took her home. Ya can't win em all.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top