Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn scammed for 2K of rounds. I would be on the phone with my CC company too. Good job getting these asshats turned around.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Oh yes, he fucked you.  

I am glad that he is un-fucking his $860+ shennanigan.   I think this is "Minus One" material, myself.

Yup, jackass. He can't spell either.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]

hmm..... try and get a little farther away to get a better shot of the headstamp.

looks like they scammed you.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Here is the best I can do on a head stamp. My camera sucks.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u30/xmikeharperx/DSCN3199.jpg

It looks like it says F C also right?  There's more there than just 223 Rem.  

But yeah, not XM193.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a comparison of Lake City to what I was shipped. Lake City is the two on the left.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here is a comparison of Lake City to what I was shipped. Lake City is the two on the right.

Lol, your internetz skillz iz weak yo....

The round on the right looks like AE .223.

I think this guy may be out of business soon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#7]

I just wanted to second this and to add that the one in the middle is NATO certified. That is what the little symbol is for, just in case no one knows.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#8]
hmm tag
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Here is the best I can do on a head stamp. My camera sucks.

It looks like it says F C also right?  There's more there than just 223 Rem.  

But yeah, not XM193.

My wife says it says something else, but only the letter F is legible. Either way we agree it is not what I payed for.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What you should have.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Only because I'm curious, I have Fiocchi 223A 55gr. FMJ with a headstamp that says "G.F.L.      223 REM."

Jeremy
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Federal Case lots are:

American Eagle .223 = AE223BK

XM193 = XM193BK

or if you get lucky M193 = M193BK
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#13]
It is still good ammo, I would have been happy if he just gave some money back to cover the price difference.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ordered 2000 rounds of advertised XM193 Lake City, head stamp ammo in 5.56. It arrived today and it is AE223BK, no head stamp. AE223BK is not XM193 from my understanding, nor is it Lake City ammo. Am I correct in assuming I was lied to? Or, am I missing something.

Since it has no head stamp I'd demand a full refund or that they exchange it for exactly what you ordered. If it had a head stamp that confirmed it was AE223BK then you could consider a possible refund but as you can't even confirm it's that that risk paying XM193 prices for what could be some cheap reman. ammo.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It is still good ammo, I would have been happy if he just gave some money back to cover the price difference.

My neighbor bought a case of AE223BK at Gander Fucking Mountain for $499.95.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I had this happen years ago with Ammoman.  I ordered M193 and he sent M855, which was actually more expensive than what I'd ordered.  I called him up, mainly to see if he wanted it back and to ask another simple question, but before I could get past "You sent the wrong ammo", he blew a 20 amp fuse and called me every name but white.  It was damn near comical listening to him.  At one point I was tempted to call 911 and have them go observe him and make sure he wasn't having a heart attack or a stroke.

If your heart is set on XM193 I'd ask them to swap it out with them paying the shipping AND tossing in something to cover the headache.  If you just wanted good ammo then ask for a partial refund.  $200 should cover it.

If all else fails and you can't get satisfaction within a couple of weeks, reverse the charges and let him figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  They knowingly and intentionally sent something other than what the customer wanted.  They either need to make it right AND toss in something extra for the trouble, or give a partial refund.  The partial refund is more of a way of saying "We're a bunch of jerks and here's a cookie to show we're sorry", then any difference in price.  When you intentionally engage in fraudulant business practices, there's got to be a penalty for getting caught.  If they didn't make me happy, I'd be sending letters to the BBB and to thier state, and my state's, Atty General's office.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Why does AE223 ammo have the NATO X in a circle on the head stamp?

All of mine does..
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Alliant Techsystems is the current operator of Lake City Manufacturing plant (own by the US Army, subcontracted to Alliant). Alliant Techsystems produce Federal ammunition.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep! I would be pissed. Check your invoice to see what they listed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 1:59:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy just called me on the phone. He says that it was not a mistake, that they are American Eagle xm193. I said they are not. AE223BK is on the box and that is not Lake City XM193. I have received Lake City in brown box, black box, and bulk; none of the boxes have ever had AE223BK on the box. Infact, if you google AE223BK you get multible listings for American Eagle .223, not XM193. He said if I am not happy he will send me a return label after a short debate. I said, sounds great.

Problem resolved, but beware of USarmorment.

Hell, their own web site doesn't agree with that nonsense.

http://usarmorment.com/federal-223-556x45mm-55gr-ammo-1000-round-case-p-1114.html :

*  Model: FC223CSL
   * Shipping Weight: 27.5lbs
   * Manufactured by: Federal Ammunition
Not shown "On Order".

http://usarmorment.com/lake-city-556-xm193-55gr-ammo-1000-round-case-p-1020.html :
*  Model: LC193CSL
* Shipping Weight: 27.5lbs
* Manufactured by: Lake City Arsenal
The page is marked "On Order"

Back up a page to the entire .223 listing.  Check their part number to see which entry agrees with the one on your invoice.  There's a $30 difference in their pricing, and I'll bet they don't have a box of LC in the house.

Scammed.

Since you posted this, they removed the Federal 55 grn from their website. Now they only shot lake city.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have great sales there all the time.

I am betting ya it was one of those sales.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#23]
They offered to send shipping stuff out for us to mail it back. I was talking to a friend about it and he said he needed some, so he bought it off us. Problem solved, but I will not be giving them anymore business.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why does AE223 ammo have the NATO X in a circle on the head stamp?
All of mine does..

That means that it is certified to NATO specs. Meaning certified for grouping and velocity out of their requirements.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I had this happen years ago with Ammoman.  I ordered M193 and he sent M855, which was actually more expensive than what I'd ordered.  I called him up, mainly to see if he wanted it back and to ask another simple question, but before I could get past "You sent the wrong ammo", he blew a 20 amp fuse and called me every name but white.  It was damn near comical listening to him.  At one point I was tempted to call 911 and have them go observe him and make sure he wasn't having a heart attack or a stroke.

That would have been hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The guy just called me on the phone. He says that it was not a mistake, that they are American Eagle xm193. I said they are not. AE223BK is on the box and that is not Lake City XM193. I have received Lake City in brown box, black box, and bulk; none of the boxes have ever had AE223BK on the box. Infact, if you google AE223BK you get multible listings for American Eagle .223, not XM193. He said if I am not happy he will send me a return label after a short debate. I said, sounds great.

You pimp smacked him down.

You da man.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:33:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Actually we just read this post (after all this time) and shipping the AE223 to this customer was a mistake, not intentional. We have cases on top of cases when we ship and he just got the wrong case shipped to him. We are a Federal Military and LE dealer and just got a case mix up with his order. We don't even carry Federal 223 normally. This case got shipped to us along with several others in our shipment. Fortunately he was nice enough to find a friend to sell it to although we did offer to take it back and emailed him a FedEx return label. Our mistake. We are making sure that it doesn't happen again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#28]
wow!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Actually we just read this post (after all this time) and shipping the AE223 to this customer was a mistake, not intentional. We have cases on top of cases when we ship and he just got the wrong case shipped to him. We are a Federal Military and LE dealer and just got a case mix up with his order. We don't even carry Federal 223 normally. This case got shipped to us along with several others in our shipment. Fortunately he was nice enough to find a friend to sell it to although we did offer to take it back and emailed him a FedEx return label. Our mistake. We are making sure that it doesn't happen again.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top