Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/8/2005 2:44:49 PM EDT
It seems every Halloween, I get a bunch of kids who are obviously old enough to get a job (16,17,18+),coming to my door. They don't say "trick or treat", They don't even wear costumes (although some of them will wear their football jersies,which doesn't count).
I remember when I was that age. I was far more interested in girls than candy. Does this bother
anyone else? What do you do about it?
I humiliate them. I make them sing songs or dance or do stupid tricks to earn the candy,
or I tell them to pound sand. I don't worry about retribution,as I am sure I am more treacherous
and sneaky than they are.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the candy bowl stocked with different types of candy that get dished out according to the recipient.

If you're six years old and having the time of your life, I'll let you pick whatever their little heart desires.

If you're fifteen and shaving already, I'll slide a single Jolly Rancher into their bag.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
have a bowl of chocolate pudding ready for when they open thier bag.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I quit when I was 13 and could hunt.  That was far better than bumming candy from people... Talk about working your ass off for some shittin candy...
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
have a bowl of chocolate pudding ready for when they open thier bag.

OUTSTANDING idea!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The rule of thumb in my family was
once you're a High School Freshman [9th Grade]
Halloween is for Parties, not Trick or Treating.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, that pudding idea is GREAT!
I can't waste the jolly ranchers,though. I like them too much.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It seems every Halloween, I get a bunch of kids who are obviously old enough to get a job (16,17,18+),coming to my door. They don't say "trick or treat", They don't even wear costumes (although some of them will wear their football jersies,which doesn't count).
I remember when I was that age. I was far more interested in girls than candy. Does this bother
I humiliate them. I make them sing songs or dance or do stupid tricks to earn the candy,
or I tell them to pound sand. I don't worry about retribution,as I am sure I am more treacherous

Yeah, they should be going to parties and hookin up with girls at that age.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Let the kids have their fun.

I wasn't doing it then but I figure the teens aren't hurting anyone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Man, that pudding idea is GREAT!
I can't waste the jolly ranchers,though. I like them too much.

Sounds like a perfect use for the watermellon and apple ones.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And getting high, drunk, and having unprotected sex so we can have another pregnant teen.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And getting high, drunk, and having unprotected sex so we can have another pregnant teen.

Funny, I didn't realize these activities only occurred on Halloween.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
i always chain a warthog to the front porch on halloween. not really a viscous as it looks but it keeps the nubes away

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#13]
One year the grocery store I am employed at gave out candy to trick or treaters, and ever since then big kids, like 16-21, come in for candy on halloween. Last year, I filled a big bowl with Wet Wipes, ketchup packs, and tea bags from our supply room. The puzzling look of an 18 year old Batman with scraggly beard being gifted a packet of ketchup was priceless.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:22:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, Halloween is the only day that teens drink, get high, and have sex.  I'm surprised you didn't know that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I have the candy bowl stocked with different types of candy that get dished out according to the recipient.

If you're six years old and having the time of your life, I'll let you pick whatever their little heart desires.

If you're fifteen and shaving already, I'll slide a single Jolly Rancher into their bag.

Plus 1.

I buy one bag of the cheapest shit candy I can get ahold of for these losers.

Too old to be doing this = shit candy.

Driven in from across the tracks and no costume = shit candy.

Jackass kid I don't like = shit candy.

Just more good candy from me the day after.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#16]
The older ones get the candy I had leftover from 2003.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, Halloween is the only day that teens drink, get high, and have sex.  I'm surprised you didn't know that.

gotcha. slipped right past me.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Give 'em a rock.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Like a few others....

Little kids really "Going Trick or Treating" = Lots of good candy & a "Have fun!"

Regular kids who are there, but have not really put any effort into it = 1 piece of OK candy.

Like SteyrAUG says "Too old to be doing this/Diven in from across the tracks/No costume/Jackass kid I don't like" = The oldest nasty-est candy I have on hand.

I keep My "Candy Port" dark for just this reason.

I still have Jellybeans from the mid 1980's to give these "Kids" & they will be used >Again< this year.

I once gave them 8 year old candy canes. The dog wouldn't even eat them!

So long as you make a "Cur-plunk" in to their bag, they are none the wiser.

My buddy goes through the motions of dropping something in, but gives them nothing......I like My idea better.

Tall Shadow  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't worry too much about it.

If older kids are out "trick or treating" I almost feel sorry for them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#21]
well im gonna give them candy same as I do any one, however no costume no candy period.

I can think of worst things than trick or treating. I mean shit guys its only candy and I give out the full size (smart and final is your friend ) I eat alot of as well through the night watching tv and eating pizza
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Give 'em a rock.

no no no you don't give them rocks you give them ice cubes & if your really diabolical you wear a rubber glove & give them special yellow ice cubes ^^
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I mean shit guys its only candy and I give out the full size (smart and final is your friend )

I'd go bankrupt giving out the full sized stuff.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:53:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I mean shit guys its only candy and I give out the full size (smart and final is your friend )

I'd go bankrupt giving out the full sized stuff.

I get maybe 50-60 kids cost about $30, comes once a year so not a huge deal. And it always made my night as a kid getting that one full size candy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I pass out ammo.  I give the older kids that Wolf crap.  

Had my first bad exp with wolf last week, after 10'000's of rounds had a bad primer. I didn't know what the hell happened at first I pulled the trigger and a puff of smoke came out the side but no bang. Held the gun down range for about a mintue than cleared it and chucked that sucker over the back stop. Pissed me off something awful.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:07:14 AM EDT
[#27]
I like to do a few different things.

1. Those little boxes of rasins. (Preferably past the expiration date)
2. Dress as a monk (or anything with a robe with long sleaves) Get candy from the bowl and reach into their bag. Instead of just dropping it in slowly lower your hand so you can get candy out of their bag.
3. This year, I'm dressing up and taking my sons out. It'll be the second time in 6 years that I've been home for Haloween and I plan on having fun with my kids. My wife will be handing out rasins out to the older crowd.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Cool, what neighborhood do you live in..........  j/k
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:28:45 AM EDT
[#29]
To the older kids I give out those candy cake decorating BB's with my Red Ryder.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:47:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Are you kidding me? trick or treating is a tradition I will continue to do it untill noone will put out anymore. I've gone the last 24 years and im going again this year .....oh oh wait sorry, my fault you guys meant for candy I go for the beer and partys I know everyone in a 3 block radius.
(me) knock knock...trick or treat?
(neighbor) trick or treat wtf? get in here, beers in the friDge and the steaks are almost done.
(me) ulllll-riiiite
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:45:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Older kids without costumes get beef bullion cubes.  They're shiny and look enough like candy that they never notice.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quail eggs look a lot like them colored Whoppers.........
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:50:53 AM EDT
[#33]
give them cough drops, all of them, even the little ones. They'll thank you, not really, a few months later when they're sick with a cold or something.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Texas is a bit out of the way but... WTF... Im on my way!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I stopped trick-or-treating when I was 12, because I knew I was too old by then.

We gave the older kids bullion cubes.  We briefly thought about just shutting the door on them but there was a good chance they'd come back to egg the house and smash the jack-o-lanterns, so we decided the bullion cube thing.

Morons never even notice.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I give out used sex toys to anyone over the age of 15. Some of them look like candy, so they hardly notice.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#37]
my friends and I just randomly decided to go trick or treating last year.  Threw together some costumes and hit up a 2 block radius.  A LEO complimented our costumes as the best he'd seen all night.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Living in a suburban neighborhood suprisingly its actually not a problem as most of the kids around here seem to go to parties or the mall for trick or treating. Adult parties seem to have become more popular in the past few years as well. I understand that halloween was at one time a strictly adult affair , then as the baby boom generation came on it changed to a kid oriented event.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#39]
I remember these encounters.

"Trick or treat!"

"Aren't you a little old for this?"

"So?"

"So why would I give you candy? It's for the kids."

"Because if you don't give us candy... (shows rolls of TP/spraypaint/shaving cream/whatever)"

"Ah, hang on a second, I'll get some..." ( close door and go and get a camera, swing open the door *FLASH*)

"Hey, what the??"

"You touch my property and these pics go to the police. Have a good evening and leave the trick or treating for the children."

<SLAM>
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That's classic. Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow.... so someones to old to go trick or treating so you give them some POS piece of candy that's five years old and probably has mold on it?

Jeez, you guys sure are mature. Don't get so bitter about trick or treating.

I'm 13 and I'm going this year with all my friends. No ones too "cool" for free candy. This generation doesn't spend their entire life impressing people they will forget the names of in three years.

At least were not grown men tricking kids into eating rotten candy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Wow.... so someones to old to go trick or treating so you give them some POS piece of candy that's five years old and probably has mold on it?

Jeez, you guys sure are mature. Don't get so bitter about trick or treating.

I'm 13 and I'm going this year with all my friends. No ones too "cool" for free candy. This generation doesn't spend their entire life impressing people they will forget the names of in three years.

At least were not grown men tricking kids into eating rotten candy.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#44]
never done it, but thought seriously about going 'trick or beering'
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#45]

I get maybe 50-60 kids cost about $30, comes once a year so not a huge deal. And it always made my night as a kid getting that one full size candy.

Same here, I give out full size Hershey bars.  I just want to be that guy.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
One year the grocery store I am employed at gave out candy to trick or treaters, and ever since then big kids, like 16-21, come in for candy on halloween. Last year, I filled a big bowl with Wet Wipes, ketchup packs, and tea bags from our supply room. The puzzling look of an 18 year old Batman with scraggly beard being gifted a packet of ketchup was priceless.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Give 'em a rock.

no no no you don't give them rocks you give them ice cubes & if your really diabolical you wear a rubber glove & give them special yellow ice cubes ^^

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#48]
If it makes y'all feel any better I'm not trick or treating this year and i didn't last year. Haunted houses are much funner.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm dressing as a pirate or civil war officer, so if I pass out candy, and some little shit (even if they're older than me, I'm 6'4"/280lbs, so they're still little shits) threatens me with an egging if I don't give candy, out comes the saber .

Okay, probably not, but it's still a pleasant thought.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#50]
I still Trick or Treat.  

I dress up like a terrorist and get lots of candy.  I wear a backpack and carry a piece of pipe with the fuse in the end.    
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top