BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Too late. Bloody Vag Filth and Shit Stained Mortal Coil are on their way to your house to bust a cap in your ass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never had you figured for a Juggalo.

Oh, now you've gone it. I must kill you.

I keed,I keed.

Too late. Bloody Vag Filth and Shit Stained Mortal Coil are on their way to your house to bust a cap in your ass.

That sounds terrible.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
http://

Http://

Have fun with it! You can be anything you want to be for Halloween!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Society, especially American society, frowns upon those who hold onto some childhood "happy things" and those who still act upon those thoughts and feelings.
You get told to grow up. act your age.
I say NEIN !!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You have to be a fun guy to hang around
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

people just dont care. look around. no one really cares about anything. they just trudge on through the sewer that is life until they are the ones flushed down the shitter. words to live by.

You have to be a fun guy to hang around

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Very cool!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Last year we had three kids trick or treat. After the third the wait was so long we just put the candy outside, it was still there in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Maybe it is because my wife and I don't have kids, it just doesn't seem like all the fun things like festivals, hay rides, corn mazes, haunted houses, parties etc... are done with the same effort they use to be.  Maybe I am wrong, it can't possibly be because I am growing up,I jumped off that train when I was 12.  Anyone else think Halloween has become lame?
View Quote

no more hay on hay rides thanks to the very few kids who cant handle it due to allergies, so now its a big gay wagon ride or no ride at all.
festivals have less fun rides all due to safety. haunted houses cant scare you like they used to due to fear of lawsuits.  people have also gotten lazy and their life more busy/complex, so investing time and effort into this holliday is less of a priority
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Our tenants use to bitch about having to clean up from an egging or TPing every couple of Halloweens, now that isn't even happening.  Fucking kids these days are even lame
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't get any trick or treaters. Do parents just drive them to certain neighborhoods or do kids just not trick or treat anymore?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Cute, If I wasn't married I'd buy you a turtle

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If I wasn't married I'd buy you a turtle

View All Quotes
Quoted:
If I wasn't married I'd buy you a turtle

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I drove three hours to see what was suppose to be epic Christmas lights last year.  The malls were lame, peoples Christmas decorations were lame, very few cool things like ice skating, or sleigh rides.  My wife and I were travel nurse last year and were in a hotel... I put Christmas lights and a tree up in our hotel.   I am just making an observation that things have become less about the season and more about material things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree. None of the holidays seem as special anymore. Not just because I'm getting older, but it seems as a society there is no emphasis on the holidays beyond the commercial.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I have to agree, even Christmas is becoming about getting people stuff, I love giving gifts but what happened to driving around looking at Christmas lights, Christmas block parties, caroling, sleigh rides, hell even going to the mall was fun due to all the cool Christmas decorations.

Dude, the Christmas lights aren't going to come to you. Get off your ass and go look at them.
We go out every year looking at the lights. I'll soon be 51 and I still love going out to look at the lights.You can't just sit and stew in your own juices and say "this sucks".

I still enjoy handing out Halloween Candy. I'm beginning to think that you're suffering from Debbie Downer Syndrome.
Open a good beer, or other adult beverage of your choice. Fire up a nice cigar if you're so inclined. Loosen up a bit and enjoy life.

If Fatalwishes's thread doesn't teach us anything else, dammit we all better learn to get a little more enjoyment from life.
It can be snatched away in a heartbeat.

I drove three hours to see what was suppose to be epic Christmas lights last year.  The malls were lame, peoples Christmas decorations were lame, very few cool things like ice skating, or sleigh rides.  My wife and I were travel nurse last year and were in a hotel... I put Christmas lights and a tree up in our hotel.   I am just making an observation that things have become less about the season and more about material things.

Saturday night we went out to dinner at a restaurant/bar about 15 minutes away. It's in a small town. While we were there the place got swamped by the participants of a pub crawl/hay ride.
They seemed to be enjoying the holiday. I'm not really bagging on you, I just think that part of it may be that you don't think things are going to meet your expectations. Maybe you need to start some new traditions. Find a way to make things fun again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Our tenants use to bitch about having to clean up from an egging or TPing every couple of Halloweens, now that isn't even happening.  Fucking kids these days are even lame
View Quote

I was always a good kid, but we did get to do shaving cream and egging shenanigans. We played defense on some of our friends parents houses. We would patrol and wait for the pranksters and then go on counter prank detail.

The parents loved us, and we still got to whip eggs at kids.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Last year we had three kids trick or treat. After the third the wait was so long we just put the candy outside, it was still there in the morning.
View Quote

That sex offender sign that the state makes you put in the yard really puts a damper on your Halloween traffic, huh?

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#17]
We got invited to a party at the local bar on friday by family that's going (the only bar in town and for about 10 miles in any direction) and I just can't bring myself to get into going. I used to go all out in high school and college making totally sweet costumes and partying like a maniac but I sort of grew out of it.

We carved pumpkins last night

On Thursday I am taking my one year old dressed up like a duck around to the grandparents houses and them maybe hit up some houses of people we know down on the only street in town so she can get some candy.

Then call it a night, watch a Garfield Halloween and either go to work or go hunting the next morning.

As my kid gets older I hope she gets into the spirit of it, I see it as a holiday for kids, so they should be out having fun. Hell I'll buy her the eggs and shaving cream if she is good. She can only throw them at other kids though, messing with peoples cars and houses isn't cool.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I feel the same.  It's not that I'm getting older, people just aren't doing the holiday thing.

This weekend was the costume party at the local hangout.  Plenty of folks showed without costumes.  No stores decorated, just a few decorated houses.

My sister is on the "trunk or treat" bandwagon.  I told her she was a commie pinko for even entertaining the idea.

I'm bummed, Halloween is normally my favorite holiday.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I feel the same.  It's not that I'm getting older, people just aren't doing the holiday thing.

This weekend was the costume party at the local hangout.  Plenty of folks showed without costumes.  No stores decorated, just a few decorated houses.

My sister is on the "trunk or treat" bandwagon.  I told her she was a commie pinko for even entertaining the idea.

View Quote

What the hell is trunk or treat?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
A bunch of people gather in ye olde church or school or business parking lot, open their trunks (or set up tables or whatever) and hand out candy as kids are shuttled in and out by parents.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A bunch of people gather in ye olde church or school or business parking lot, open their trunks (or set up tables or whatever) and hand out candy as kids are shuttled in and out by parents.

Ugh.

Lame.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We got invited to a party at the local bar on friday by family that's going (the only bar in town and for about 10 miles in any direction) and I just can't bring myself to get into going. I used to go all out in high school and college making totally sweet costumes and partying like a maniac but I sort of grew out of it.

We carved pumpkins last night

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u576/sitdwnandhngon/temporary_zps677c92be.jpg

On Thursday I am taking my one year old dressed up like a duck around to the grandparents houses and them maybe hit up some houses of people we know down on the only street in town so she can get some candy.

Then call it a night, watch a Garfield Halloween and either go to work or go hunting the next morning.

As my kid gets older I hope she gets into the spirit of it, I see it as a holiday for kids, so they should be out having fun. Hell I'll buy her the eggs and shaving cream if she is good. She can only throw them at other kids though, messing with peoples cars and houses isn't cool.
View Quote

Cute!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:23:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The fuck?

I spent Saturday night dressed as a woman, and slammed drinks for 6 hours at a concert and then bars.

Halloween rocks.

I had women grab my junk constantly.  I'm hoping for Round 2 on the 31st.

And that's not bragging.  I'm ugly with or without a skirt on.

View Quote

Something you do often?  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Something you do often?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The fuck?

I spent Saturday night dressed as a woman, and slammed drinks for 6 hours at a concert and then bars.

Halloween rocks.

I had women grab my junk constantly.  I'm hoping for Round 2 on the 31st.

And that's not bragging.  I'm ugly with or without a skirt on.

Something you do often?  

I've had that skirt for almost a decade.  It's the most comfortable thing I own.

Any excuse to wear it...

Which basically means Halloween or random costume parties.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe it is because my wife and I don't have kids, it just doesn't seem like all the fun things like festivals, hay rides, corn mazes, haunted houses, parties etc... are done with the same effort they use to be.  Maybe I am wrong, it can't possibly be because I am growing up,I jumped off that train when I was 12.  Anyone else think Halloween has become lame?
View Quote

You tend to see things in a far different perspective as you get older. My mom still lives in the neighborhood we grew up in. We take our kids there every year because its like a Halloween block party. More so than even when I was growing up. As an adult, it may just be that you don't get as excited for the decor and such, so you don't notice it and think its a dying holiday. Just my .02
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds dumb as hell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
people just dont care. look around. no one really cares about anything. they just trudge on through the sewer that is life until they are the ones flushed down the shitter. words to live by.
View Quote

Is the new job that bad?!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You tend to see things in a far different perspective as you get older. My mom still lives in the neighborhood we grew up in. We take our kids there every year because its like a Halloween block party. More so than even when I was growing up. As an adult, it may just be that you don't get as excited for the decor and such, so you don't notice it and think its a dying holiday. Just my .02
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, no, no, it can't be me!  It has to be everyone else

You are probably right
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Halloween is awesome.

My wife made our costumes this year, and we're going to see one of my favorite bands play a show that night.  Then we're gonna follow it up with more drinking and partying with some friends.

And I get to walk around downtown Denver dressed like Khal Drogo.  Chicks love Khal Drogo.  Win/win.
View Quote

Pics. We need pics.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've always loved Halloween,as a kid it was double awesome as I was born on Halloween night.My mom was dressed as a nurse and my dad was a werewolf when she went into labor.
View Quote

Good one!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Sweet sugar skull.  It's always a badass look.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Holidays are for children and people with children. This is about Christmas, but it's fitting: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/christmas

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I think that Halloween is maybe the only one if any good reason to live in MA, people get into it and there has been some nifty festivities.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Holidays are for children and people with children. This is about Christmas, but it's fitting: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/christmas

View Quote

Wrong.

Holidays are for drinking, regardless of children.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good one!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've always loved Halloween,as a kid it was double awesome as I was born on Halloween night.My mom was dressed as a nurse and my dad was a werewolf when she went into labor.

Good one!

It's actually true.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Holidays are for drinking, regardless of children.

If that's true, then every day is a holiday! Whooo!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View Quote
agreed.  I have kids.  I think we are desensitized to fear.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Growing up sucks.
View Quote

This, and today is my birthday to boot!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#40]
you're doing it wrong. The kids are out of the house live a little. We hand out jello-shots for the adults dragging kids around and have a party in the front yard. It is a nice social time. Fun is what you make it. Halloween is as fun as it ever was.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#41]
FPNI.  

Stop pining OP.
Hallows Eve is still fun, even w o kiddos!

Host a party!
Watch your SO dress up like a hottie that YOU get to take home!  
Host your own haunted house in your yard
Scare the trick or treaters!
Drive to a bigger city and find some shenanigans to get into!

Just dont drink and drive , and dont run over any kids!!!!
Too many asshats speed down residential 'hoods on Halloween!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Pics. We need pics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Halloween is awesome.

My wife made our costumes this year, and we're going to see one of my favorite bands play a show that night.  Then we're gonna follow it up with more drinking and partying with some friends.

And I get to walk around downtown Denver dressed like Khal Drogo.  Chicks love Khal Drogo.  Win/win.

Pics. We need pics.

Oh, there will be pics.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Growing up sucks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey Mr. Happy when is your flush date?
We only get one chance at this thing called life so why not go through it happy
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you planning on having kids?  Mine are still young and love the holidays!  Yes, there's a lot of sacrifice that goes with having them but it's great to see them happy.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:28:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Growing up sucks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
have your wife dress in something slutty- go post pics

That will help

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Growing up sucks.

It doesn't have to though.

As a grown up you are the boss, you make your own money and do what you want with it.

You can have a kid too. Having my daughter has made for the best year of my life, and hopefully they keep getting better. We go to the zoo and color and all sorts of other stuff I used to do as a kid. It is neat being on the flip side of it though and gave me a better respect for my parents after being able to look back and put myself in their shoes.

Anyone who says growing up sucks isn't really living. Childhood was fantastic, but anyone who still wants to live like that is probably an FSA member.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I have to work so I won't be giving out candy
I've sat outside to hand out candy on the years I've been in my house and didn't have to work
last year was a touch cold but not too bad but there were almost no kids that came by, been like that every year I've been home
I don't think missing it this year is going to be a big deal, probably wouldn't get any kids anyway
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I love Halloween. Even before I had kids I'd dress up for the kids coming to the door. Some times I'd go to Halloween parties. Don't have fun friends that throw parties? Go to a bar or throw a party your self.

Man it is killing me I'm going to miss carving pumpkins with the kiddo.

Here is me as the Joker a few years ago.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top