User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
they also claim that poverty drives people to desperation aand suicide bombing.  Yet I've never seen a haitian suicide bomber.
View Quote

It's not poverty.  It's frustrated ambition.  People that had hope but lost it.

Traditionally, suicide bombers have come from professional backgrounds and families.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

All things considered is right wing compared to some stuff on NPR. I have never almost crashed my car screaming at all things considered. I still laugh every day at that obnoxious show the race baiting black woman had that was cancelled. She ironically played the race card against NPR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

All Things Considered, NPR is a leftist, gobernmint subsidized trash.
All things considered is right wing compared to some stuff on NPR. I have never almost crashed my car screaming at all things considered. I still laugh every day at that obnoxious show the race baiting black woman had that was cancelled. She ironically played the race card against NPR.
Tell Me More

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yep. In 1993 a bunch of muslim radicals from a mosque in Newark rented a Ryder truck, filled it with ANFO, and set it off in the lower-level parking garage underneath the WTC.

IIRC, all or most of them, including the Imam of the mosque, were caught and sentenced to prison.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't there a bombing attack on the WTC by Islamic radicals BEFORE Bush was in office????

Yep. In 1993 a bunch of muslim radicals from a mosque in Newark rented a Ryder truck, filled it with ANFO, and set it off in the lower-level parking garage underneath the WTC.

IIRC, all or most of them, including the Imam of the mosque, were caught and sentenced to prison.

Abdul Rahman Yasin fled to Iraq, where he was made a guest of the Hussein regime. He later disappeared around the time of the invasion, and is still on the FBI's  Most Wanted list.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

they also claim that poverty drives people to desperation aand suicide bombing.  Yet I've never seen a haitian suicide bomber.
View Quote

From the comments on the NPR site:

"Of course it's caused by military occupation and has nothing to do with religion! That's why there are so many Tibetan suicide bombers, right?"

There have been around 20 Tibetan suicide protesters, just not bombers. China has been warning that suicide bombers are imminent for years, but they have never materialized.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is worth repeating.  There are those who actually say the jihadists hate us for our freedom.  That is pure baloney.  It might inspire some flag waving, but it's way off base as far as identifying motivation goes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's also not because hate us for our freedoms.

This is worth repeating.  There are those who actually say the jihadists hate us for our freedom.  That is pure baloney.  It might inspire some flag waving, but it's way off base as far as identifying motivation goes.

They would like to have control.  So yes, they hate us because we are free from their control.  Terrorism is a just a desperate means to the end of having any influence in the world at all.  

At the same time they want the freedom from us to remain in the dark ages.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Still, bush's fault.  

View Quote

heh ...we are all the fault of bush, or the fault of the love of bush.

Think about it!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Deleted --- already covered.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm taking a online college class on Islamic Civilizations(I needed a elective and it sounded/is interesting).  Small note, I'm 41 and I've been in local Law Enforcement for 20 years and I am most decidedly conservative.  This talk show is saying suicide bombers are cause(97% so) because of Foreign Occupation and not because these radical Islamic goat herders hate freedom and everything it stands for.  Then the forum posts in the class are a left-wing hug a suicide bomber fucking love fest.  Give this shit a listen and tell me what you think NPR radio show on Suicide Bombers  The Expert is basically saying there are suicide bomber because we are there.  Even says 9/11 happened because we have been a occupying force in the Middle East since 1990.  I am really interested in some conservative opinions on this if you can stomach the 30 min segment.  A 19 year military vet with five tours did call in and made some good points.

For the ADD members, Evil U.S. caused suicide bombers.

Fuck I need a whiskey and a bacon sammich.

EDITED because apparently its not PC to call them goat fuckers
View Quote

Then why do they mostly blow up each other?

Why are suicide bombers are largely islamic phenomenon?

Why were they used before the first gulf war?

It's the excuse of the day, but it doesn't really hold water.  Islam, especilally salifist islam, has a violence problem, and modern arabic culture has a violence problem, and this is all stoked by middle east leaders who blame everything on the great satan, as reliably as the dems blame everything on Bush.  Now that fire is out of control, and those same leaders want the US to come in and save their asses.  

I say we arm the ever living fuck out of Israel and the Kurds, and anybody else who isn't an arab muslim and let them run the whole joint.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Can they explain Munich? Particularly the name Black September?
View Quote

Glad you brought that one up. Black September (the event itself, not just the group of dickheads named after it) is an event that many people in the West need to brush up on. It was one of the watershed events of the '70s that helped shape the Middle Eastern situation as it is even now, right up there with the Iranian Revolution, but not many people who don't specifically study Middle Eastern politics and/or could tell you much about it.

I have some liberal acquaintances that can't understand why Jordan is very silent every time the Israelis hit rocket sites in Gaza. If they read up on Black September it'd bring them a little more understanding of the whole Jordanian/Israeli political dynamic. But nope, most of them either forget Jordan is there or assume they're lazy since "they never do anything against Israel."

As for the whole "poverty leads inevitably to suicide bombers" schtick, well if that were so then Detroit would look even more like Dresden than it already does.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Terrorists and the Leftists that love them have been around for a long time.

In 1980, the Talking Heads (Peace be upon them) released a song glorifying terrorism.

Listening Wind:

Mojique sees his village from a nearby hill

Mojique thinks of days before Americans came

He sees the foreigners in growing numbers

He sees the foreigners in fancy houses

He thinks of days that he can still remember...now.

Mojique holds a package in his quivering hands

Mojique sends the package to the American man

Softly he glides along the streets and alleys

Up comes the wind that makes them run for cover

He feels the time is surely now or never...more.

The wind in my heart

The wind in my heart

The dust in my head

The dust in my head

The wind in my heart

The wind in my heart

(Come to)

Drive them away

Drive them away.

Mojique buys equipment in the market place

Mojique plants devices in the free trade zone

He feels the wind is lifting up his people

He calls the wind to guide him on his mission

He knows his friend the wind is always standing...by.

Mojique smells the wind that comes from far away

Mojique waits for news in a quiet place

He feels the presence of the wind around him

He feels the power of the past behind him

He has the knowledge of the wind to guide him...on.

The wind in my heart

The wind in my heart

The dust in my head

The dust in my head

The wind in my heart

The wind in my heart

(Come to)

Drive them away

Drive them away.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#11]
WOLVERINE!

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

WOLVERINE!

View Quote

There's a big difference between going out the door with the intent of killing yourself, and knowing that you are already dead and taking a few of your enemies with you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#13]
F PC. The world needs to know what these people do to their goats.

I just thought of the irony, most liberals/tree hugging/animal loving/hippies love animals yes?  Yet they do not speak up against the goat rape that is occurring over there.  Ignorance is bliss.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#14]
For  moment consider the argument.

All westerners pull out. Disinvest. Get all oil locally. Pull all military bases and infrastructure and block them on Facebook.
Ignore them 100% and leave them to build their Caliphate as long as they stop terrorizing the west/asia/Africa.

How long until they feel the need to "convert" us?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:31:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sounds like CAIR’s line.

After the 9/11 attacks I wanted to learn about Islam and its history.  One of the first books I picked up was Paul Fregosi’s Jihad in the West.  I chose it primarily because it was published prior to 9/11/01 and thus would not be biased by that event.There is a chapter in which he discusses the decline of Islamic power in the late 19th century.  Here is an excerpt:

The battles against Islamic aggression (aka Jihad) in the past, from Tours to Vienna to Tripoli to Afghanistan, have been just that – battles in a war without end. This is a war that has ebbed and flowed for 14 centuries, and will continue to demand battles until a decisive victory is won by one side or the other. This is the testimony of history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds like CAIR’s line.

After the 9/11 attacks I wanted to learn about Islam and its history.  One of the first books I picked up was Paul Fregosi’s Jihad in the West.  I chose it primarily because it was published prior to 9/11/01 and thus would not be biased by that event.There is a chapter in which he discusses the decline of Islamic power in the late 19th century.  Here is an excerpt:

For the Muslim Arabs, these wars against the Christian French and Americans in Egypt, Syria, Libya, Algeria, and Tunisia were an integral part of the Holy War against Christendom. It was, in Muslim minds, particularly Arab minds, part of the natural order of life that the Muslim should reign and the Christian should serve. The Muslims could not fail to be aware, however, that the old order was now changing and, in the new order, the Christian was master and the Muslim the servant… The Jihad was turned upside down and for many of the faithful, whose history and lives had flourished in perpetual victories, the experience was an emotionally shattering one that many Muslim minds were not able to accept. Defeat and humiliation were not the stuff of which Islam was made. It had always triumphed in the past, and it awaited triumph in the future. Today, with decolonization and immense oil riches, the hour of Islam has perhaps come around again.

The Jihad, begun by Muhammed in the seventh century, is required to persist until the whole world belongs to Islam. It is doubtful if an of the Americans and Europeans engaged in battle against Algiers and Tripoli felt, at the time, that they were in any way engaged in a religious war, holding off an intended Muslim conquest of the world.

The battles against Islamic aggression (aka Jihad) in the past, from Tours to Vienna to Tripoli to Afghanistan, have been just that – battles in a war without end. This is a war that has ebbed and flowed for 14 centuries, and will continue to demand battles until a decisive victory is won by one side or the other. This is the testimony of history.

Very powerful. if true, the world is in a lot of trouble.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You need to respect other peoples' cultures and not make such demonstrably false, derogatory and hate filled statements. It makes the site look bad.
NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4oQRfxFBs

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to respect other peoples' cultures and not make such demonstrably false, derogatory and hate filled statements. It makes the site look bad.
NSFW https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku4oQRfxFBs

While the slur is not helpful I agree. However I'll give their religion and their people just as much respect as they give me and my culture.

Now we can argue who started what and when, but this shit has to stop sometime if we all want peace.

If they will stop, I think we should also.

If both sides of the argument are too stubborn to relent, then lets get this shit over with once and for all. But of course, the Muslims are the only ones in this fight politically with any backbone.

Politically speaking, The West is too busy holding their guts from falling out our politically prolapsed bung hole from the fucking we are taking for the last 7 years.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
For  moment consider the argument.

All westerners pull out. Disinvest. Get all oil locally. Pull all military bases and infrastructure and block them on Facebook.
Ignore them 100% and leave them to build their Caliphate as long as they stop terrorizing the west/asia/Africa.

How long until they feel the need to "convert" us?
View Quote

I believe what you are describing is the current policy. I believe it's working, and ISIS has stated an intention to create jointer with the West.

Edit Also all the competent Muslim moderates are doing a swell job of taking out the "few extremists that don't represent the religion."
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#21]
This just came out today.

This is how easily, and right in front of his mother and sister, someone can be converted once entrenched in the 'faith' of a religion.  If the definitions someone grows up with are religion-based (so based on beliefs rather than hard science) doctrines, it doesn't take much to convert people to extremism at the idealistic teen and early 20's ages.

This is a boy released from his ISIS kidnapping.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/10/04/dnt-damon-isis-releases-kidnapped-boy.cnn.html

you have to watch it to the middle for the shocker
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, they did a number on that kid. Once they think that ISIS is ok, send them home. Nothing like planting little seeds of ISIS in the surrounding countries.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow, they did a number on that kid. Once they think that ISIS is ok, send them home. Nothing like planting little seeds of ISIS in the surrounding countries.
View Quote

Exactly.

All he needs to reinforce what they taught him is to return to his family's normal practices of praying, and going to the mosque regularly.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:20:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This morning I saw a Prius with a license plate that said:  DUBL TAP.

That may illustrate your point, but we also need to address the issue of what gives you the authority to declare what kind of car a person "needs."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A conservative in an un-needed gas-guzzler is not a true conservative.  He's probably just a Republican.  I've met true conservatives, and they opened my eyes to the problems of political labels in this country.

This morning I saw a Prius with a license plate that said:  DUBL TAP.

That may illustrate your point, but we also need to address the issue of what gives you the authority to declare what kind of car a person "needs."  

I don't claim any authority, sir.

I am claiming that true conservatives would choose much more wisely (for national security, for the economy, and for a myriad of reasons) than most I've met who labels themselves as such.

I am not about to tell anyone what to drive.  I am only pointing out the current state of affairs.

Thank you for pointing that plate out.  It's good to know that some conservatives exist.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:36:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I'm taking a online college class on Islamic Civilizations(I needed a elective and it sounded/is interesting).  Small note, I'm 41 and I've been in local Law Enforcement for 20 years and I am most decidedly conservative.  This talk show is saying suicide bombers are cause(97% so) because of Foreign Occupation and not because these radical Islamic goat herders hate freedom and everything it stands for.  Then the forum posts in the class are a left-wing hug a suicide bomber fucking love fest.  Give this shit a listen and tell me what you think NPR radio show on Suicide Bombers  The Expert is basically saying there are suicide bomber because we are there.  Even says 9/11 happened because we have been a occupying force in the Middle East since 1990.  I am really interested in some conservative opinions on this if you can stomach the 30 min segment.  A 19 year military vet with five tours did call in and made some good points.

View Quote
Just ask them why do they target their own people then?

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:52:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Just to play devils advocate - imagine if the tree of liberty was watered with them.  Founding fathers expected and counted on civilian justice to keep crooks out of government.  Radical Islamist are living that legacy, shaping their world, while we suck on our thumbs and wait for the next installment on the EBT card.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Life in Muslim has no value ,just like the American ghetto.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who gives a fuck if it it is not PC to call them goat fuckers????
The whiskey and bacon sounds like a good idea>
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top