Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I sure am glad I bought an HK
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
There are certainly some well thought issues with Glock...... on both sides of the fence.  Ultimately I'm sorry to hear about your gun and can relate.  I went to XD's.  Several  And now I've picked up the new XD 45 ACP.  13 in the mag +1 in the pipe.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i got blasted when i posted my wonderful experience with those shitstains.

Good luck on yours. sounds like you will need it.

Yours blowed up though, didn't it ?  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Glock Customer Service - they lack brains AND fingers...

I own a Sig.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Just be happy you still have your hands.    
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Glock Customer Service - they lack brains AND fingers...

I own a Sig.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<Glock Kool-Aid Drinker> It's because Glocks never break. They just don't know how to do customer service because you are probably the first person to ever send a Glock in for service. <Glock Kool-Aid Drinker>

Screw GLOCK, I have allways hated GLOCK.

GO with an XD. I have put 2K+ rounds thru it. NEVER  NEVER  NEVER had any problems.

2 thousand rounds and you expect that to be impressive?  Add a zero on to that and I MAY be impressed then
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
<Glock Kool-Aid Drinker> It's because Glocks never break. They just don't know how to do customer service because you are probably the first person to ever send a Glock in for service. <Glock Kool-Aid Drinker>

GO with an XD. I have put 2K+ rounds thru it. NEVER  NEVER  NEVER had any problems.

2 thousand rounds and you expect that to be impressive?  Add a zero on to that and I MAY be impressed then

I put more than that through my Glock in less than 3 months last year.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems to me like they are more than enough kool-aid drinkers on both sides of the issue.

Glock's reputation for reliability didn't come out of nowhere and neither did their rep for customer service, they were both earned and they were both deserved.

Even excellent companies have a customer service fubar from time to time.  Since you're dealing with humans it's impossible not to.  But it sounds like it's time for Glock to take care of this or they're reputation for having excellent customer service will suffer and rightfully so.

Everyone I know who has had the pleasure of dealing with Glock's customer service, has been unhappy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seems to me like they are more than enough kool-aid drinkers on both sides of the issue.

Glock's reputation for reliability didn't come out of nowhere and neither did their rep for customer service, they were both earned and they were both deserved.

Even excellent companies have a customer service fubar from time to time.  Since you're dealing with humans it's impossible not to.  But it sounds like it's time for Glock to take care of this or they're reputation for having excellent customer service will suffer and rightfully so.

+1
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
[WallyWorld] Your Glock are belong to us [WallyWorld/]

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I put more than that through my Glock in less than 3 months last year.

but you have not been able to pick it up since then....
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:28:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone I know who has had the pleasure of dealing with Glock's customer service, has been unhappy.

I had excellent service from them, oh yeah you don't know me...
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
First off it's against UPS policy to ship firearms from anywhere but a UPS depot.  Either they accepted it against UPS policy or you did not notify them what it was you were shipping.

(B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier? [Back]

A common or contract carrier must be
used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract
carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

So if you did not notify them it was a firearm you broke federal law.

Why wouldn't you give them your return address originally, one can only imagine.

Then Glock returned it to a business that was not expecting a package, they should have just refused shipment from UPS and let it go back to Glock.  Firearms are supposed to also ship UPS adult signature required, so somebody at the receiving end should have signed for it, and that will be in UPS records.

Leave it to this guy to once again try to stir the pot about something he knows nothing about.  

On a side note I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience with Glock. I for one have always hated Glocks and can not wait to toss my 22 in the trash.  As soon as I find out if my chief will allow my Springfield Operator I'll be throwing my Glock in the safe to collect dust.  Otherwise the call goes out for the new Sig 220R.  

Definately take this as a sign of what to expect from Glock.  If they offer you a new gun tell them to refund what you paid for the gun and go buy something else.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You know this poster has an issue, he spent a lot of time on this and then he posts the situation here. And all some of you morons can do is post shit like the juvenile dumbass teenagers you are. This forum has taught me a lot since I joined in january. One thing it has taught me is that there are a lot of juvenile dumbass kids who posts shit like +87. Yeah 8th grade time here at ar15.com....

Mods- why do you let this shit hapen?

I was a member once.  Its posts like that 87 crap that kept me from renewing.. The mods need to get that crap under control then I'll renew my membership.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:42:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I've had nothing but great service from them.

'course I used FedEx.

I fully expected to pay for a lower I damaged but they
charged me ZERO dollars and I had it back in less
than 5 business days.  

I know from being in business that somedays are better
than others.  I am sure this is true of Glock
as well as any other gun company.  But, given
your 'slightly abnormal' shipping issues
I don't see how you, or anyone else, can
go off and make a blanket condemnation
of GLOCK.

I don't think I am biased one way or the other
as I have glocks, sigs, colts etc etc etc
blah blah blah...............

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#18]

I am a huge Sig fan, own 3 and will soon own 4 (P239,P220, P226, P228 in layaway).

BUT  their customer service is not all that and a bag of chips either. Neither is HK's.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That is unfrigginbelievable!! This is why I have never sent a gun back to the manufacturer.

Not always bad to send it back, depends on the manufacturer.

While I am not a huge fan of S&W in general, I had a GREAT customer service experience with them.

I had a P.O.S. SW9M Sigma 9mm compact that was useful only as a doorstop, total jammomatic.

Got fed up called S&W when advised by a friend it had a lifetime Warranty, they said send it in.

I did, a week later a nice lady called me and says "we would like to replace your pistol, but that model is discontinued, can we offer you a more expensive model?" I said "of course" so they sent me a brand spankin' new S&W 908 compact which proved to be be an excellent, reliable shooter. They sent it directly to my front porch, said since it was "Repair or Replacement" no FFL was needed.

A really good experience. I'll say this. Smith & Wesson, whatever you may think of them, has excellent Customer service.

Had a similar experience with a S&W (sent a revolver in for a repair). They payed for shipping both ways, but those sharp tools at FED-EX tried to deliver the pistol to an incorrect address. In short i wound up driving to FED-EX and picking it up instead of wondering when or if they would deliver it to the correct address.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#20]

IBT MOVE TO GLOCK FORUM????
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I've had good interactions with Glock, but then I only deal with them in person when visiting a buddy in Atlanta.  Last time I was down there they put night sights on my 17 - from pulling into the lot to pulling out, about 25 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I have 5 Glocks.

I had trouble with one of them, a G27. It had to go back to the factory.

Since this happened, I think, in 1999, I'm a little fuzzy on the details. But I do remember that they turned it around in just a few weeks and it didn't cost me a dime for shipping either way.

In this instance, they need to step up to the plate and make this right.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top