User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am considering a public adjuster based on my policy limit. The personal property limit is like 160k the limit on the building itself is 44k.

in other words I maxed out the building cost but the contents are covered for 3x the amount.

I'm sure they will low ball all the contents, many items burned with no trace of existence.

example my paint guns were aluminum and there is literally no evidence they existed other than the steel parts inside of them.

snap on scanner was all plastic and literally no way to prove what it is by the rubble.

View Quote

I would see what the insurance company offers before you retain a public adjuster.  

There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.  Generalizations that all insurance companies will rip you off and public adjusters are like white knights to the rescue are absurd.

Most PA's I've dealt with are pond scum, while a few have been genuinely good people.  Most PA's don't care about you at all, they're just looking for a slice of your check.  I've seen them help a lot more on structure payments than they do on contents.  Seeing how your separate structures limit will most likely be reached without a PA, that only really leaves contents for a PA to maximize.  However, the only real burden you'll have is providing proof of ownership for your contents loss.  There's no real way that a PA can (legitimately) help with that portion of the claim.  

Again, unless you're looking to freely give away 10% of your separate structures limit, I'd hold off and see how you do on your own.  If you get frustrated with the insurance company, you can always sign with a PA down the road.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to see that. I have a nice shop that contains just about everything I give a damn about. It's insured mostly, but I never want to have to test it. Fire scares the hell out of me and I try to eliminate hazards. Any idea of the cause?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Investigation concluded the vehicle inside was point of ignition.

now my homeowners is suing the homeowners of the vehicles owner.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I am 2 months back in my home, after my home burned down in a catastrophic fire last year.  We were home and asleep.  I'm lucky to have my family with me today.

Happy to give you my 2 cents on this topic.  send me a message.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone else's car was in your garage?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His car was being cuckold.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top