User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:31:44 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, don't alter your identity card.  The gestapo might not like it. wtf?  Who does the card belong to?  You or the state?

The back of my FL DL says " The State of Florida retains all property rights herein"

+1, the card belongs to the state, just like your mailbox does  

If it belongs to the state, then why can I intentionally destroy it and not have to pay a fine or be arrested?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wonder what they do when someone from out of state comes in? Each state is set up different.

There's a +1.   It's FL, it's not like they ever get tourists or snow birds down there!  Active Duty personnel aren't even required to get an instate DL of where they are stationed.

I have an Alaska DL, which looks a lot like something a high schooler made.  I am not required to change it anytime soon either!   If they don't like my two forms of Gov't ID that I  carry in addition to my AK DL, they can FOAD.  

Note to self:  Always have a healthy stock of beer so you aren't forced to by it late at night from fucktards.  I sure as shit would never go there again if they are gonna be asses about it.  They sold to an underage, sucks to be them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
When I lived in NC a guys grocery savers card buying history was used in court against him.  I helped show that he was an alcoholic and he got a DUI and had to do a program. Article I read there said that he would have not got a conviction had it not been for the record.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
When I lived in NC a guys grocery savers card buying history was used in court against him.  I helped show that he was an alcoholic and he got a DUI and had to do a program. Article I read there said that he would have not got a conviction had it not been for the record.

My grocery card at alberstons was issued to TOM THumb.  My Kroger one was issued to Tom Alberston, and the one for Tom thumb was issued to Tom Kroger

Fuck em.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

(cue music)
I left alone my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see can I believe that what I saw
That night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw in my old dreams were they
Reflections of my warped mind staring back at me

Cos in my dreams it’s always there the evil face that twists my mind
And brings me to despair

The night was black was no use holding back
Cos I just had to see was someone...............

Iron Maiden !!

This is a facinating interpretation on the number of the beast...I never thought of it that way.

Seriously though... so this means that only people licensed to drive can buy beer? I smell law suite.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:24:00 AM EDT
[#6]
This happened to me last week when I bought a box of valu-pak of .380 ammo from Wal-mart.  The clerk told me it was store policy to swipe my driver's license.   I thought about raising a stink but the .380 is registered anyway, so the .gov knows I have it and I really wanted to shoot my Bersa.  I'm not very happy with that policy and I don't think I'll go back to that store for ammo.  

(Will I be banned for admitting I own a Bersa .380?)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Seriously though... so this means that only people licensed to drive can buy beer? I smell law suite.

People can get a Florida ID card from the DMV that has the strip and everything, those are usually obtained by the DUI and suspended license crowd. There are other places to shop at in town as long as it isn't after 9 or 10 pm.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This happened to me last week when I bought a box of valu-pak of .380 ammo from Wal-mart.  The clerk told me it was store policy to swipe my driver's license.   I thought about raising a stink but the .380 is registered anyway, so the .gov knows I have it and I really wanted to shoot my Bersa.  I'm not very happy with that policy and I don't think I'll go back to that store for ammo.  

(Will I be banned for admitting I own a Bersa .380?)

I have one, it is fun to shoot and a good handgun for beginners to learn on. I have taught my son and a couple of females how to shoot with it. Can't beat it for $210.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:35:15 AM EDT
[#9]
PROTECT TEH CHILDREN.

God help us all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't have any problem "showing" my DL.  I will not allow anyone to "scan" it into a reader/computer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By LANCEMAN

I gave her my drivers license to scan but now I wonder who has a record that I purchased beer and at what time tonight j/k I don't usually where my tin foil hat out of the house but I was in a hurry tonight.

"Oh, no!  We'd *NEVER* record your personal information, we promise...  Just like we promised that seat belts would never be a primary offense, just like we promised NICS checks would never be saved, just like we promised... (ad nausum)"

Actually, it's public knowledge that the gov did record all sorts of personal information and kept it in a system they literally called "the Matrix."  There was a lot of backlash here in Utah when it was found out that our ex-governer signed us up for it without public permission.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My grocery card at alberstons was issued to TOM THumb.  My Kroger one was issued to Tom Alberston, and the one for Tom thumb was issued to Tom Kroger

Fuck em.

TXL

mine mickey mouse.

it cracks me up everytime they go "thank you have a nice day mr mouse"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Take your money and your feet and go someplace else.

I hassle the guys at Wal-Mart when they don't ask me if I am over 21 when I buy ammo

where are you from where you have to be 21 to buy ammo?  round here it's 18 thankfully
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By LANCEMAN

I gave her my drivers license to scan but now I wonder who has a record that I purchased beer and at what time tonight j/k I don't usually where my tin foil hat out of the house but I was in a hurry tonight.

"Oh, no!  We'd *NEVER* record your personal information, we promise...  Just like we promised that seat belts would never be a primary offense, just like we promised NICS checks would never be saved, just like we promised... (ad nausum)"

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Yah beat me to it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#15]
That is one of the very reasons I did not update my DL to the new version.  There was an article in the paper about how the new DL will have information encoded on it.  I've had mine since 1990.  Since I am considered a "Good Driver", they just send a 6-year sticker as a renewal that gets pasted on the back of the license.  I just changed my address, so I went online and ordered a new sticker.  Got it within a week.  I'd like to see anyone refuse that one, not that I drink alcohol anyway.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#16]
"Gentlemen, [hiccup], start your engines"
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:38:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How will illegal aliens get their beer?  

they don't need an ID to get beer, just like they don't need a driver's licence to drive or a SS # to get a mortage..

They apparently don't need insurance on their cars either.
I can't figure out how they get some of those POS cars inspected.
Jim

That's part of the overall fraud of car inspection.  The worst POS's on the road can get a sticker from a friend at an inspection station.  It's an aside, but I have to laugh at suckers who argue with me when I say inspection is a fraud.  They smugly say that the car has to pass or it wouldn't be on the road.  Gives me a good laugh.  A conscientious person or one who just wants to stay alive keeps his/her car up, and inspection is a waste of time.  Heck, I even carry spare bulbs in case one pops - 5 minutes and I can be seen again.  But a slob or, in this case someone who doesn't have the documentation just pays $25. to the right friend or friend of a friend, and ta daaa.

I don't mean to hijack the thread off in another direction.  Sorry, and back to the mark of the beast in your wallet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
tell 'em to FOAD.

you control the situation, not them.

It Is YOUR money, is it not?

Didn't really have much choice, they are the only store in town open after 10pm I had decided I was gonna have some beer tonight so I submitted. I'll just have to plan ahead better now, but this was my favorite jiffy store since they are only 1/2 mile from the house.

Hand them the DL, but tell them they don't have permission to scan it. If they have a problem with it, have them call the manager. Then call them manager's manager, then then owner.

Don't put up with that crap. Policies are made to be changed at the customer's request.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:46:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I don't drink, but that is so wrong in so many ways.

[sarcasm]

Can health insurance companies now use that to refuse treatment?  "Oh, they kept buying chocolate donuts and brought the [disease/sickness] on themself"

[/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:59:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't drink, but that is so wrong in so many ways.

[sarcasm]

Can health insurance companies now use that to refuse treatment?  "Oh, they kept buying chocolate donuts and brought the [disease/sickness] on themself"

[/sarcasm]

You are of course being facetious, but I can see that coming.  Companies of all kinds have people on staff whose sole function is to find a loophole to screw you.  Do insurance companies come to mind?  If a particularly large claim came through, I'm sure a team looks it over to see what tehy can deny.  Watch for the necessary loopholes in the contracts to come through in the appropriate legalese (honest people don't need complication) as "updates to your coverage" .  Rather than humorous, I think you may be prophetic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Funny thing is that I can see that happening.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#23]
http://www.license.shorturl.com/
It already started with a national data base.
(I forgot how to make it hot, old age you know, make what hot?)
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
PIZZA ANYONE?

never thought I would even think to support an ACLU train
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
PIZZA ANYONE?

never thought I would even think to support an ACLU train

Wow....just fuckin' wow.

back to subject... what if you tell then you walked to the store?  Driver's licenses are only required when operating a vehicle.  If you have your .MIL ID or Passport, or some other valid (non-barcoded) ID when you go to purchase beer would they rather not sell it to you?

I mean, supposedly, (hypothetically) if I am walking down the street and a police cruizer turns into the driveway in front of me and two cops jump out and yell "on the ground" and demand my ID (cause some guy in a camo jacket just robbed a store 1/2 mile away and I happen to be wearing one), and the only ID I have is NOT a driver's license... I am still able to provide ID. And of course when they call in to report and I don't match the rest of the description ( I hope) then I go free.

No Expert

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If it belongs to the state, then why can I intentionally destroy it and not have to pay a fine or be arrested?

How do they KNOW that you "intentionally destroyed" it? Lots of DLs are "destroyed" every day of the week through heavy use or misuse.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Take your money and your feet and go someplace else.

I hassle the guys at Wal-Mart when they don't ask me if I am over 21 when I buy ammo

where are you from where you have to be 21 to buy ammo?  round here it's 18 thankfully

Search Wal-Mart  bashing threads and find out.

OK OK, 18 for rifle ammo and 21 for pistol, which are both ancient history for me.  Wally-World registers apparently nationwide are programmed to tell the clerk to ask for ID.  I tell them they hurt my self-esteem when they assume I'm an old fart.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#28]
can't you just tell them the 9mm is for a rifle?  i've been thinking of buying a sub2k
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top