BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There went my hopes of a Seattle vs Indy Superbowl!  

Shit, shit, shit!

seattle will get its ass whupped by carolina when carolina get done beating the bears asses.

carolina verse denver them stinky steelers our going to lose hard.

I'll have some of what you are smoking.

anybody that thinks the NFC contender will have a chance in hell of beating whichever AFC team makes it, has gotta be high.

;)
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
There went my hopes of a Seattle vs Indy Superbowl!  

Shit, shit, shit!

seattle will get its ass whupped by carolina when carolina get done beating the bears asses.

carolina verse denver them stinky steelers our going to lose hard.

I'll have some of what you are smoking.

anybody that thinks the NFC contender will have a chance in hell of beating whichever AFC team makes it, has gotta be high.

;)

carolina has the number 3 defense. if you have not watch the playoffs as of late alot of the wins were from defensive turnovers.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Denver is gonna be the team this year I think. As long as it's not the Steelers I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad my Steelers won.  Thats all I'm happy for.  Nice early Birthday present.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
And that official that said Polomalu did not intercept that
pass - he needs a job at 7-11.

DanM

yeah, they were robbed on that call for sure.

Worst officiating I have seen in years. How about the no pass-interference call 1st quarter when Randle-El got tackled?

Don't forget when the play where Pittsburgh false-started, caused Indy to jump and the refs rule no penalty.  Uh guys?  The entire fucking defensive line jumped and made contact.  SOMEBODY committed a foul.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been a fan of Jerome Bettis since his days with the Rams, Bill Cowher since he became the Steelers coach, and the Steelers since, well, as long as I can remember.

Having said that, I am convinced Bill Cowher will never win the Super Bowl unless they rename it the "Stupid Bowl." That guy makes Marty Shottenheimer look like a fricken Rhodes Scholar. That play he ran with 1:04 left on the clock WITH A FIRST AND GOAL AT THE ONE WAS THE MOST IDIOTIC, ASSININE, RIDICULOUS, FUCKED-UP PLAY CALL I'VE EVER SEEN.

It was so stupid, so head-numbingly bizarre I doubt we will ever see its equal again.

Bill Cowher is a disgrace to the great legacy of the Steelers football team.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
What would you have called? A field goal would have only been a 6 pt lead. Why not put it into the hands of the nest short yardage back in the league for 3 downs?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What would you have called? A field goal would have only been a 6 pt lead. Why not put it into the hands of the nest short yardage back in the league for 3 downs?

Well.  I believe the numbers add up that they could have just kneeled down and called it a W.
DanM
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've been a fan of Jerome Bettis since his days with the Rams, Bill Cowher since he became the Steelers coach, and the Steelers since, well, as long as I can remember.

Having said that, I am convinced Bill Cowher will never win the Super Bowl unless they rename it the "Stupid Bowl." That guy makes Marty Shottenheimer look like a fricken Rhodes Scholar. That play he ran with 1:04 left on the clock WITH A FIRST AND GOAL AT THE ONE WAS THE MOST IDIOTIC, ASSININE, RIDICULOUS, FUCKED-UP PLAY CALL I'VE EVER SEEN.

It was so stupid, so head-numbingly bizarre I doubt we will ever see its equal again.

dude.  seriously.  you are gonna blow a gasket.  

what would you have done?

he gave it to bettis who tends to protect the football VERY well.   9 times out of 10 that play right there is a touchdown.     thank the heavens for big ben shoestringing that guy, that's all I gotta say.

indy had 3 timeouts left, so they couldn't take a knee.

I mean come on, 1st and goal on the 1, what other option is there besides giving it to the bus.

now if he would have lined up kreider, bettis and parker in the backfield and given it to parker,  hmm...

they won, that's the important thing.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well.  I believe the numbers add up that they could have just kneeled down and called it a W.
DanM

nope, indy had all 3 timeouts.  they would have got the ball back.  no way did they want to risk manning getting his hands on the ball for another couple downs.

steelers were obviously just planning on running it up the gut 4 times.  worst case they'd  not score and indy would get the ball back on the 1yard line with MAYBE with time enough to run a couple plays.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Some great football, but I am going to have to rent a portable defibulator for next week. My heart stopped too many times over the last couple days.

Go Broncos!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He's the best kicker in the league ever and blew it by a mile!  WTF

Adam Vinatieri is without a doubt the best kicker in the league, and has easily nailed the exact same kick Vanderdouche just screwed the pooch on, under worse circumstances.

Vinatieri missed one last night. Go Steelers!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Some great football, but I am going to have to rent a portable defibulator for next week. My heart stopped too many times over the last couple days.

Go Broncos!

mine too!

I nearly had a freakin coronary when bettis coughed that ball up.  if bigben hadn't stopped the guy, I might not be posting right now.

I'd be in intensive care.  LOL
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Broncos get prison raped next weekend. No doubt
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Bro, Indy had all three time outs left. If Ben would have taken a knee Indy would have called back to back to back time outs, forced a field goal and gotten the ball back with a minute left on the clock. Cowher made the right call and gave it to the right man. The Bus is one of the best when it comes to holding onto the ball...it was just one of those fluke playoff type of things.

Instead you should be pissed at the ref he took the interception away from us. If they wouldn't have overturned it we would have never been in that situation.

GO STEELERS!!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#16]
One thing I'm not is a Steelers fan (Ravens season ticket holder), but once they beat Cinci last week I decided that I'd pull for them the rest of the season since they are from the same division. I've never once in my life cheered for a good Steelers play.  Today I was screamin!!!   What a game!  Anybody but the Dolts.

ETA:   er....uh.....Go Steelers!!!  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I feel bad for Indy.

They were on the fast track to the Super Bowl until Dungee's son offed  himself.

It took the wind out of the sails of the entire organization.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

You kneel the ball three times, make the Colts burn all three time-outs, then either kick the field goal or run the ball into the endzone. My preference would be to skip the field goal and attempt to run the ball in ON FOURTH DOWN with Indy out of time-outs.

Net result? No matter the outcome of the final play, Indy has no timeouts and is either down by nine points (the game is over) or has to go the entire length of the field to stay alive.

Running the ball on first down is sheer lunacy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#19]
My cats pwn3d da bears.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Bro, Indy had all three time outs left. If Ben would have taken a knee Indy would have called back to back to back time outs, forced a field goal and gotten the ball back with a minute left on the clock. Cowher made the right call and gave it to the right man. The Bus is one of the best when it comes to holding onto the ball...it was just one of those fluke playoff type of things.

You kneel the ball THREE times, forcing Indy to WASTE every one of their time-outs. Then, you attempt to run the ball into the endzone. If you score, you leave Indy in a nine point hole with no timeouts. If you don't score, Indy has to drive the whole length of the field with NO timeouts, STARTING at their own TWO yard line.

Bill Cowher's career was saved by an opposing kicker. So was Bettis' legacy. Jerome would have gone down so hard, Ernest Byner would send him Christmas Cards every year for taking the heat off him.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
My cats pwn3d da bears.  

I've always liked the Panthers. Good for them. I hope they make it to the show.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:44:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Just remember, that missed field goal would have only TIED the game, not won it. And that interception call was bullshit!

I've been a Steelers fan all of my life, but I can be critical when necessary. Pittsburgh has a bad habit (and always has) of sitting on leads. 21-3 at one point and you win by an asshair?!?! Granted, there were SHITTY calls that went Indy's way. I've seen and heard of the "Prevent Defense", but until today I had not seen the "Prevent Offense". NINE (!) consecutive running plays against a team with the ability to quickly come back? Good thing I was at work---at a hospital---'cause I was about to have a friggin' stroke!!!  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
My cats pwn3d da bears.  

yup they did and next week they going to tap them CHICKENHAWKS asses to.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#24]
But in the end they WON.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#25]
it's nice that everyone already forgot the ass raping big blue got.  I'm working with my therapist to get through that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
it's nice that everyone already forgot the ass raping big blue got.  I'm working with my therapist to get through that.

That new BILLION DOLLAR stadium ought to help Colt fans get over this.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#27]
There were some really shitty calls by refs today on both games.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#28]
PANTHERS

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Anyone saying that is not a Steeler's fan.  I imagine you could do better than Cowher?

Yes, the Steeler often sit on a lead & run out the clock.  This time since the officials were on the side of the Colt's all day it became more problematic.  The head ref knew he had to give Indy the ball back on the intercep or the game was over.  

The calls favoring Indy were so blatant a blind man could see it. From the Randle El play, to at least 2 late hits I saw, the whole Indy front line coming across the line to the interception. I'm surprised they didn't penalize Big Ben from the last moment tackle after the Bettis fumble. That crew should be banned from football.

The Steelers are always the underdog since they don't have the flashy players & come from a working man's city.

If you can't handle Cowher's couching go root for an NFC team.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
One thing I'm not is a Steelers fan (Ravens season ticket holder), but once they beat Cinci last week I decided that I'd pull for them the rest of the season since they are from the same division. I've never once in my life cheered for a good Steelers play.  Today I was screamin!!!   What a game!  Anybody but the Dolts.

Oh, you mean that team that has a mu....................... oh, nevermind.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Anyone saying that is not a Steeler's fan.  I imagine you could do better than Cowher?

I could have on that    play. Face it, when the Steelers get into the playoffs and face quality opponents, Cowher is almost always    outcoached.

If you can't handle Cowher's couching go root for an NFC team.

I didn't know Cowher "couched," but I'm still an AFC guy, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, you mean that team that has a mu....................... oh, nevermind.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#33]
I think wobblin_gobblin has a point, even though I am a huge STEELERS and COWER fan.  That would have made good sense, we can but if it to death, but if my mom had balls she'd be my dad!

Jerome Bettis has been golden holding onto the football ALL YEAR!  What a freak thing for him to lose the ball at that point...that's football.  Had Bettis scored on that play or the subsequent play, whatever, would you even be saying anything, other than GO STEELERS!?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#34]
If Bettis scores on that play, Indy then has 1:15 left on the clock and ALL THREE timeouts.

It would *smarter* to kneel the ball THREE times, taking the clock down to 1:15 and then    try to run it in. If you score, you win the game due to there being about 1:10 left on the clock, a 10 point lead, and you leave Indy without ANY timeouts. If you don't    score on fourth down, the ball is on the three yard line, Indy has NO timeouts, and there's 1:10 on the clock.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top