BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

New York values.  May your chains rest lightly.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That doesn't sound like fun

Buy and register a destructive device , blow up pipe bomb, submit more paperwork.
View Quote

what I was thinking
why would you want one?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Why does someone need those to kill a deer?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm more interested in the molotov cocktail "receiver" that they submitted to the ATF for clarification on whether it could transfer like a m203 receiver, and the ATF responded that "they weren't sure if it would be a NFA item and couldn't make that determination"

I really want the receiver if it can be done that way.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why does someone need those to kill a deer?
View Quote

There's some pretty big deer out there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
The improvised claymore would be more effective with steel impregnated epoxy holding the ball bearings in place. I forget the exact numbers but when developing the claymore it was found to impart considerably more energy to the steel shot and extended its range to. Soft steel works better too.

Devcon S was used in testing and might still be used. After looking it produced a little more than 200fps using steel impregnated epoxy instead of regular epoxy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that like buying the tube for a suppressor and then sending in the paperwork?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Needs more Flame Thrower also
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmm..., might have to go to the gun show tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#11]
suicide vest
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#12]
They all laughed, shook hands and had a good time when they finally concluded they couldn't take you to jail.

That's fucking typical.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
suicide vest
View Quote

Why do you hate freedom?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

suicide vest
View Quote
yep, stupid.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yep, stupid.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
suicide vest
yep, stupid.

He puts them on blow up dolls and hunts pigs with them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
lol

Might need facebook to see these pics..

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/v/t1.0-9/13094401_947901095278405_6158643272637251182_n.jpg?
View Quote

That First one has everything nominally required: Manufacturers name, address, caliber, serial numbers, etc.  Even the notice that Form 1 is required for Lawful completion.
I'm not an SOT but it seems to be doing everything right.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That First one has everything nominally required: Manufacturers name, address, caliber, serial numbers, etc.  Even the notice that Form 1 is required for Lawful completion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

Might need facebook to see these pics..

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xal1/v/t1.0-9/13094401_947901095278405_6158643272637251182_n.jpg?

He is, and he doesn't do anything without ATF approval.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wow.
Somethings just shouldn't be easily seen by the public.
Legal yes.
Not flaunted.

And the suicide vest is a bit much.
View All Quotes

Liberty can be scary and should therefore only be enjoyed in private
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

suicide vest
yep, stupid.

makes complete sense now

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

$1300 for a Title I 203 seems high.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've seen them over $2k over on subguns.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:25:08 PM EDT
[#22]
What's his badge number?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For just the receiver? Or one of those deals where they will ship you the barrel once you have the stamp in hand? LMT lists a rail mount, complete for $1890.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Not too long ago in TX a NFA license was only a defense to prosecution.  They could hook you up and have you prove that the items\you were properly licensed.

If you would have pulled this back then they'd have most likely hooked you up and done the perp walk with you.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:48:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Did they have a rocket launcher?  O'lielly assures me you can buy one no questions asked at a fun show.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Buy and register a destructive device , blow up pipe bomb, submit more paperwork.
View Quote

Might be fun, but really not $200 worth of fun.  Maybe three fiddy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Legalize the bombs. The retards will blow themselves up later, and the smart people will innovate. Self-correcting problem.

Suicide vest is in poor taste though. Everything else - reference the latter statement.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Legalize the bombs. The retards will blow themselves up later, and the smart people will innovate. Self-correcting problem.

Suicide vest is in poor taste though. Everything else - reference the latter statement.
View Quote

I think the suicide vest just highlights the absurdity of the NFA.

"Look at this explosive vest, its 100% legal because this dude filled out some paperwork and paid $200 to the .gov."
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:14:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Still trying to figure out how to build a small class 2 storage magazine to hold like 5-25 HEDPs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:24:50 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

A guy I am acquainted with via another ARFCOMMER just posted this elsewhere, and it made my heart happy:

"So no shit, I just spent 90 minutes here at the gunshow with an ATF Special Agent and 3 members of the Houston Police Department's bomb squad; explaining to them that despite their certainly that pipebombs are always illegal, they are indeed legal if registered under the NFA. Of course none of my supposed noble comrades Tom, Simon, or Matthw bothered to take a picture, thanks a lot you blue falcons.

Aside from one HPD guy who got all worked up, and told me I'm going to jail, and said he's going to get a warrant to search my house and business premises; everyone else gave me the dick-on-forehead look, but was pretty chill.

After an hour of calling everyone they could, apparently they got a hold of the HMFIC at NFA branch on the weekend and he told them that yes, you can legally register a pipebomb as a Destructive Device. After they all took pictures of my pipebombs and claymore, we all laughed that it was pretty funny, shook hands, and went our separate ways.

Texas Machine Gun & Ordnance's first gunshow to ever be at, and we get all kinds of attention from the po-po."

Pure.  Winning.
View Quote

What the fuck is that? i would google, buuuut my wife would probably not be thrilled with that history search.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Still trying to figure out how to build a small class 2 storage magazine to hold like 5-25 HEDPs.
View Quote

If you are willing to purchase a ready made, well known quality class 2 storage magazine, it is possible to get a variance to store a very limited amount of HE in your garage if you are comfortable with that.  Enough for a dozen M433s in any case.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If you are willing to purchase a ready made, well known quality class 2 storage magazine, it is possible to get a variance to store a very limited amount of HE in your garage if you are comfortable with that.  Enough for a dozen M433s in any case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

. I must know about this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:35:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Some people are their own (and others) worst enemy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I've never seen anything even remotely like that at a gunshow.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd love to see the form for a pipebomb.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:55:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Lotta Fudds in this thread
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Several steps:  

First, you need to get the magazine.  

Then, you need to apply for a Federal Explosives License.  

Third, you have to request a variance and arrange for an inspection.  

There is no guarantee they will approve said variance- it really is largely left up to the ATF field office that you fall under since explosives branch has been parted out.  So it is possible that doing all this becomes an expensive effort for nothing if your variance request gets denied and you have no where else to put your magazine.

What I've been considering, now that I no longer have my own house and am gone constantly for work, is finding someone else with an FEL and seeing if I can put my type 2 magazine in their facility.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:16:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I was there this morning and stopped by their booth. They also had a couple flamethrowers for sale for $1450, if I remember correctly. This was at the show the GRB convention center, the name of the show escapes me. They said the bombs were not "bombs yet", you must form 1 them before you drill a hole and put in the powder. They said its legal to sell it as is because it is not a destructive device because it is not illegal how it is right now, because it is a just a "receiver", whatever they mean by that. Not sure how you can call a pipe a receiver but who cares. They also had a FA colt lower for $25k and an open bolt mac 10. I was intrigued by the "bomb", but they said it was legal if you form 1 it. Not sure if that is true or not, but thats what they told the us at the show.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:17:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Several steps:  

There is no guarantee they will approve said variance- it really is largely left up to the ATF field office that you fall under since explosives branch has been parted out.  So it is possible that doing all this becomes an expensive effort for nothing if your variance request gets denied and you have no where else to put your magazine.

What I've been considering, now that I no longer have my own house and am gone constantly for work, is finding someone else with an FEL and seeing if I can put my type 2 magazine in their facility.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Several steps:  

Awe fuck. I was hoping it didn't involve the FEL, and that a variance could be issued for storage if I could manage to find someone willing to F4 some HEDP to me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:19:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or people that realize retards will see this and think "Holy shit, everything they said about gun shows is true."

Where's the win?

<- Thinks people should be able to buy whatever the fuck they want.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:54:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Liberty can be scary and should therefore only be enjoyed in private
View All Quotes

Being a tard should also be enjoyed in private.  It has nothing to do with liberty.  Just because you can do something doesnt mean it isnt stupid.  Not everyone gets that.  Doesnt make them a crusader just socially awkward.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:14:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Or people that realize retards will see this and think "Holy shit, everything they said about gun shows is true."

Where's the win?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's the win?

Ehh, maybe. I think it's a good way to expose the ATF and their bullshit for the circus it really is.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:29:21 AM EDT
[#44]
No claymores no care
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:37:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

what I was thinking
why would you want one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what I was thinking
why would you want one?

This is the part I don't get.  So do you have a license and you can have as many as you want?  Or it goes boom and you have to refile and get more.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:37:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Started the wait today to be number 4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where's that Arfcomer that built and registered that frag grenade?  

I am one of three in that category.  The other that has publically disclosed it is Wingnut116ACW.

Started the wait today to be number 4

Good to hear
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:45:09 AM EDT
[#47]
I learned something today. Look at the first photo here: with the doors open, it is an exterior magazine rated for 16,000 pounds IIRC. Close the doors, and it is an indoor magazine, rated for something like 20 pounds.

So, for a decade, we locked the flimsy metal doors overnight. Now, they are left open.

Rained a lot today.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:48:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Wow.

Somethings just shouldn't be easily seen by the public.

Legal yes.

Not flaunted.

And the suicide vest is a bit much.
View All Quotes

This thread reminds me of the California Open Carry protesters.  "We are going to make the public accept us by shoving their faces in our open carry rights!!!!"....few years later "What do you mean the legislator has now banned all open carry".  Same goes for Starbucks, Chipotle....etc.  Some idiots just can't help themselves and believe that just because something is a "right" doesn't mean the legislators won't make it illegal to exercise it.  Funny how fast all those open carry protesters disappeared after that, none of them continued protesting "their right" but everyone else got screwed by their actions.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:50:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is the part I don't get.  So do you have a license and you can have as many as you want?  Or it goes boom and you have to refile and get more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what I was thinking
why would you want one?

It goes boom and you have to refile/ etc. to get more.  It's not as much the usefulness of it but more along the lines of having a cool conversation piece/item that is a legal pipe bomb. I'm guessing most of the people buying these are not going to actually be lighting them off
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:55:06 AM EDT
[#50]
So, if you have a registered DD 40mm, you can* purchase/possess HE loads, but have to have a magazine to store them?

I thought each shell would be its own DD stamp?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top