Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pacino is the correct answer.

Michael Corleone, Frank Serpico, "Sonny," Arthur Kirkland, Tony Montana, Lt. Col Frank Slade, Ricky Roma, Carlito Brigante, Lefty Ruggiero, Lt. Vincent Hannah.

Game over.

I'll give you Michael Corleone and Sonny.  Later, he just seemed to get to into playing outlandish versions of the same guy.

Has pacino ever been in a film where he doesnt end up yelling at the top of his lungs?

Pacino is a great actor but he has to add a little bit of "over the top" to most of his roles

I enjoy his acting but his range isn't that great IMO

The reason i named Morgan Freeman is because of his range (Hoke Colburn vs. Somerset vs. Jim vs. Col. Kurtz) He owns and becomes the character he portrays

But he's subtle about it.  He'll play all sorts of diverse roles, but each one has just a few subtle tweaks to it that change everything.  No over-acting, nothing over the top, just good acting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pacino is the correct answer.

Michael Corleone, Frank Serpico, "Sonny," Arthur Kirkland, Tony Montana, Lt. Col Frank Slade, Ricky Roma, Carlito Brigante, Lefty Ruggiero, Lt. Vincent Hannah.

Game over.

I'll give you Michael Corleone and Sonny.  Later, he just seemed to get to into playing outlandish versions of the same guy.

Has pacino ever been in a film where he doesnt end up yelling at the top of his lungs?

I don't think so... you gotta problem with that?

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My top ten American actors in no particular order:

James Stewart

Tom Hanks

John Wayne

Gene Hackman

Humphrey Bogart

Clint Eastwood

Morgan Freeman

Gary Cooper

Gregory Peck

Harrison Ford

Amen!

Plus:

Glenn Ford

Michael Douglas (better than his old man who was pretty good)

Charlton Hestand
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Robert Duvall.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Borat    
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:15:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Steve McQueen
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
While i like all 3 of the actors listed in the thread title

my pick for that general age group would be Morgan Freeman

for the newer generation I would pick Christian Bale

fo sho
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not necessarily the "greatest" but he definitely has had some of the greatest monologues... Christopher Walken.

Definitely some of the greatest Monologues, but he always plays Christopher Walken.

Damn, though - he gets some good lines.  His speeches in "True Romance," "Pulp Fiction," "The Prophecy," and "Man on Fire" are some of the most memorable in movie history.

This reminds me - this thread has been seriously overlooking another great actor - Dennis Hopper.

The best 5 minutes in movie history:

Walken and Hopper in the trailer scene in True Romance!
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I would prefer Gene Hackman , cause you mentioned "dramatic", next would be Jack or Robert..
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Pacino sucks more dong than a Vietnamese whorehouse.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Marlon Brando (best actor)
Clark Gable
Henry Fonda

Yep... I'll add:
Orson Welles (great actor, director, movie visionary & best movie in history)
Tom Hanks
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top