User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I live in Ford County IL and the sheriff's deputies here drive Dodge Intrepids.  I never thought a thing of it until somebody sent in a picture to Car Craft and they made fun of it.

The brakes are gonna catch on fire!

Actually, they've had two of them get fuel built up in the plastic intake manifold and eventually catch a spark the burns them to the ground. Brakes are fine though
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
lol usually it's the brakes.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
What you see most here in Little Rock.

Our new ones trickling in are Black and white impalas.

Old Jonesboro, AR Dare car

Now they have a wannabe nascar and nascar truck.
State police

I know one of the troopers that had this car,  nothing close to stock about it,  well over 500 horsepower.
Not local but had to include these.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
our police chief has started a program to paint all the Tucson PD cruisers black and white like LAPD.  it is supposed to make them "more professional"  

this is the same chief who had the SWAT teams post sample AUGs thrown into the shredder instead of selling them or stripping them for parts and getting some money out of them when they converted to shorty M16s

Ya'll too?  Little Rock PD is doing the same thing.  Ugly.  

Our cops go the other way into High-Vis schemes.
The Reflective Yellow displays well during daylight
the  reflective Blue displays welll at night.

it's a different kind of Ugly. LOL
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
our police chief has started a program to paint all the Tucson PD cruisers black and white like LAPD.  it is supposed to make them "more professional"  

this is the same chief who had the SWAT teams post sample AUGs thrown into the shredder instead of selling them or stripping them for parts and getting some money out of them when they converted to shorty M16s

Ya'll too?  Little Rock PD is doing the same thing.  Ugly.  

Our cops go the other way into High-Vis schemes.
The Reflective Yellow displays well during daylight
the  reflective Blue displays welll at night.

it's a different kind of Ugly. LOL

Ugly is Ugly lol.  What's real bad, is that Little Rocks new "black n whites" are actually "black and cream"
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/littlerockCar.jpg</a>

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/dare536.jpg</a>
State police
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/chopper7_statepolice_imax.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/camaro225.jpg</a>
I know one of the troopers that had this car,  nothing close to stock about it,  well over 500 horsepower.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/DownloadAttach.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/ss1.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/sheriffcar7jm.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/n5ms79.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/hs-police.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/dodge-viper-police-car.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/dare541a.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/cop_car_phone.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/Chp799.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/chp.jpg</a>

If you dont mind me asking, why did you post pics that were already posted by others in this thread?

I didn't remember which links were to which pics.  Don't worry, extricate the wad from your vickies special and life will be ok.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/littlerockCar.jpg</a>

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/dare536.jpg</a>
State police
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/chopper7_statepolice_imax.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/camaro225.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/DownloadAttach.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/ss1.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/sheriffcar7jm.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/n5ms79.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/hs-police.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/dodge-viper-police-car.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/dare541a.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/cop_car_phone.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/Chp799.jpg</a>
img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dustyc/Hosting/chp.jpg</a>

If you dont mind me asking, why did you post pics that were already posted by others in this thread?

I didn't remember which links were to which pics.  Don't worry, extricate the wad from your vickies special and life will be ok.

Gee, with all that experience as an EMT you'd figure you'd know some better comeback lines than that.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]
The car my best friend drives. He works for "Side-show Joe" Arpaio, the media whore.
We took this today. I'm thinking about working for him myself, but only because I want the experience and training.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.gjlenterprise.com/chp.jpg
www.cifca.com/_borders/Chp799.jpg
hotrodhotline.com/feature/2004show/04lacops/assets/images/db_images/db_003.jpg

No wonder that state is in debt............

I'd guess that the boxter is a drug seizure.  Depts around here love them.  I tried to find some pics but couldn't of little rocks or Bryants.  Bryant PD has a totally fast and furious'd Mitsubishi 3000gt in full paint, decals and light bar.  Little Rock has mulitple vettes, including a diamond aniversary edition on all fully marked.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is that for real?

You think THATS bad, take a look at what the local PD bought for its chief and community officers:

www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050722/NEWS01/507220334/1002

New yellow police Beetle: ‘Not striking fear'

By JODY ROSELLE
Journal Staff

ITHACA — The bright yellow Volkswagen New Beetle P53 with a vinyl city skyline has appeared daily at the east or west side of The Commons since May 26.

“It's not really striking the fear into anyone,” said Raffe Bragg, 21, of Hawaii, Wednesday while on The Commons. “It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside - it's a yellow bug; it makes me smile.”

Ithaca Police have been using the New Beetle, part of a two-vehicle deal costing the department $30,858, as part of a community policing and outreach effort on The Commons. Chief Lauren Signer received one New Beetle as part of her compensation package for the post. The other vehicle is conspicuously parked by the curb each day.

“I have a tremendous amount of confidence in our chief to figure out what she needs in her department and if that's what she thought was best, that's just fine,” said Alderwoman Pamela Mackesey, D-1st Ward.
Most passersby didn't appear to notice the yellow bug Wednesday while others have grown accustomed to seeing it every day.

“I really don't know what is its purpose,” said Ella Sadza-Loinaz, 28, a clerk at Ithaca Books. “It doesn't look like police cars.”

Sadza-Loinaz, who lived in a Commons apartment for eight months before moving to Dryden, said the New Beetle feels approachable but not for serious problems.

“It creates some positive attitude,” she said. “You can go there if, you know, you have a problem that doesn't involve crime but maybe a little problem like someone is lost, something that doesn't have to be addressed strictly by police.”

A three-officer team was selected for patrol on The Commons - officers Derrick Moore, Robert Brotherton and Scott Garin.

“It's more about a unit of specific officers who will work on The Commons on a regular basis,” said Scott Garin, spokesman for the unit.

“This is to keep open lines of communication and people can come to us with problems or concerns — we will respect people's confidentiality. The bug is a community relations tool that we use,” he added.

The cost for the New Beetles may not be justified.

Alderman Michael Taylor, D-4th Ward, said he had asked Signer at the March 9 Community Services Committee meeting about the kind of vehicles she planned to buy.

Signer did not specify the types of vehicles the police were planning to purchase, according to Taylor.

“The police department gave their quarterly update and the police chief never specified they would be anything other than traditional vehicles,” said Taylor. “I think the one the chief uses is a good expenditure because it's $15,000 and Deputy Chief (Randy) Haus can use the Tahoe.”

Taylor added he felt the bright yellow vehicle was an insult to his constituency, which covers most of the Collegetown area.

“I think this extremely friendly white glove approach to policing on The Commons is different than what's in Collegetown, which is much less community-spirited policing, which consists of outmaneuvering and outnumbering with police officers in combat boots,” Taylor said.

“I've heard it referred to as a clown mobile or clown car, though other people have had a good opinion of it. For the car that sits on The Commons, what concerns me is that it's a waste of money or not the most allocation of resources,” he said.

William Nickens, 43, a City of Ithaca resident who lives on The Commons, believes the Beetles have added some sense of security.

“I think it's a good security tactic,” Nickens said. “I know when I see it that someone's around, that someone's here.”

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#14]
One of our former Sheriffs drove a seized IROC Camaro and another one drove a Z-78 Camaro. Our current Sheriff and coroner drive Dodge Ram 1500's with Hemi's, the Sheriff's truck has 20" rims. The Tupelo PD used to have Crown Vics with an American flag draped over the sides in the paint scheme, now they are white with blue lettering. The Lee County Sheriff deputies drive black-and-white Crown Vics.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#15]
In Corpus Christi Tx we drive units with over 124,000 miles on them cause our police chief is an idiot! the smallest counties next to us have the best cars you can buy and we have hoopties. Go figure???? Awww what the hell  "it's only your life"
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:13:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:25:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#19]
IL State Police:
IN State Police

Chicago PD
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Local City:

County:

State:

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm surrounded by Forest Preserves where I live, and these:

Cook County IL SO.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Rochester, MN
www.ci.rochester.mn.us/images/banner_policeCar.jpg
shitty pic of "the peacekeeper"
www.ci.rochester.mn.us/departments/police/images/100_peackeeper1.jpg

Im liking this one the best.. beautiful car..
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#24]

SERIOUSLY

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#27]
My issued PD car (2003 slicktop Crown Vic)

The new striping and new light bars put on starting 2005

Love my slicktop car, but sure would love to have the new striping.

eta: post #1,000 !!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Tominator425/Miscellaneous/DSC01225.jpg

i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Tominator425/Miscellaneous/DSC03015.jpg

Damn those low pro lights departments are going with now.  Its harder to spot in the rearview mirror.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn those low pro lights departments are going with now.  Its harder to spot in the rearview mirror.

Nice, huh?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Till they turn them on  LED's are almost triple the cost, and brightness of the old whelen "edge" light bars.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Till they turn them on  LED's are almost triple the cost, and brightness of the old whelen "edge" light bars.

Cost wasn't our factor.  Draining our batteries from excess equipment and high wattage old "rotator" lights were.  Came about shortly after a "situation".  We were long overdue though for some updating.  And I would beg to differ, LEDs are much more brighter and noticeable than the old rotating Whelens.  More flexibility as well.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cost wasn't our factor.  Draining our batteries from excess equipment and high wattage old "rotator" lights were.  Came about shortly after a "situation".  We were long overdue though for some updating.  And I would beg to differ, LEDs are much more brighter and noticeable than the old rotating Whelens.  More flexibility as well.

Read again what I said.  Bulb life of 100,000 hours and 25% of the power draw of strobes and about 10% of rotaters.  Nice to have.  Almost 3 times the initial cost and brightness of strobes.  A strobe tube can top 100 bucks. so it evens out in the long run.  It's not like I used to be a code 3 dealer when LEDs first came out or anything.  I had 28 LED heads in my car  Less power than one whelen edge
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Torrance, CA

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I like the Mormon Death Squads new paint scheme!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read again what I said.  Bulb life of 100,000 hours and 25% of the power draw of strobes and about 10% of rotaters.  Nice to have.  Almost 3 times the initial cost and brightness of strobes.  A strobe tube can top 100 bucks. so it evens out in the long run.  It's not like I used to be a code 3 dealer when LEDs first came out or anything.  I had 28 LED heads in my car  Less power than one whelen edge

Ahhh!  Gotcha!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Torrance, CA

www.hkpro.com/action8mcyclemp5.jpg

www.hkpro.com/action8mcyclemp5s.jpg

I love how they have the HK's mounted on the side.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#39]
The good old days:

Sheep
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
i1.tinypic.com/n5mqu8.gif i1.tinypic.com/n5ms79.jpg

I tink ive been pulled over by that camaro.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I wish they'd paint cop cars florescent orange so I could see them better while speeding.

~Dg84

I saw a bright orange, early 2000's Mustang southbound on 95, unmarked police car. It was probably seized from a  bust. I don't remember if it was in Delaware or Maryland. He pulled over a speeder.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#42]
taggged
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top