BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Don't know if it's the right decision for anyone else, but as a 50yo with underlying conditions think it's right for me.
View Quote

That's exactly the right way to go about this:  Weigh the risks vs benefits for your own condition.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I took a massive dump this AM.  It was right for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 12:32:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Well, hopefully you did your own research first!
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 3:39:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Good luck.  Please update the post in two weeks to give us proof of life.
View Quote

Still around.

Got some weird side effect that makes my unreasonably impulsive though. Pretty sure it's a vaccine side effect. At least that's what I'm planning on telling my wife when the credit card bill comes in and she sees the charges from the LGS: vaccine made me do it.

In all seriousness I don't know anyone who got vaccinated and had any major issues. Still waiting for whenever we're all going to turn into zombies.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Still around.

Got some weird side effect that makes my unreasonably impulsive though. Pretty sure it's a vaccine side effect. At least that's what I'm planning on telling my wife when the credit card bill comes in and she sees the charges from the LGS: vaccine made me do it.

In all seriousness I don't know anyone who got vaccinated and had any major issues. Still waiting for whenever we're all going to turn into zombies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck.  Please update the post in two weeks to give us proof of life.

Still around.

I still don't know anyone that died from COVID.  I got plenty of movie references for zombies though...
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I still don't know anyone that died from COVID.  I got plenty of movie references for zombies though...
View Quote

I don’t know anyone who died from COVID either, but I do know a number of people who’ve been really wrecked by it. Their experiences didn’t sound like much fun.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 8:26:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I did crossfit this morning, CROSSFIT!
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

OMG me too!

Based on the fit of my pants there will be a booster by noon.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
No judgement here.
But the more I know about it, the less I want the shot, mandate or not.   Too many otherwise healthy people mysteriously killing over after the jab.  Especially the booster jab.  And that's the short term problems.  We won't know the real truth about it for years.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know! That's the worst thing about the mandate, it's making people resist something that's probably good for them, because human nature. I bet MORE people would get vaxxed if it were a free choice weren't expermental and actually prevented COVID.
View Quote

FIFY.

Pretty sure if this weren't the largest experiment in human history, people would be lining up for the shot. If you feel good about getting the shot, good for you, it should be a choice.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:50:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My expectation is that this isn't a perpetual six month thing. I expect it's either three doses build long term immunity as with the Hepatitis vaccine, or eventually everyone gets COVID and gets longterm immunity that way. Maybe it becomes an annual shot like the flu--I'm ok with that.

Also there will in time be better treatments for COVID. Maybe Ivermectin will turn out to be the miracle drug its boosters claim it to be, maybe the Merck drug will, or if not something else will be developed. In that respect buying a couple of years time means getting access to better treatment.

But there's no good answer because no one really knows, COVID hasn't been around long enough for anyone to have any good idea what's going to be the end game.

ETA: I'm explaining what I think in the context of why I got the vaccine and what I expect in the future, not here to persuade anyone else that they should see it the same way
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't answer either question directly.

But I think I know what the answers are.

My expectation is that this isn't a perpetual six month thing. I expect it's either three doses build long term immunity as with the Hepatitis vaccine, or eventually everyone gets COVID and gets longterm immunity that way. Maybe it becomes an annual shot like the flu--I'm ok with that.

Also there will in time be better treatments for COVID. Maybe Ivermectin will turn out to be the miracle drug its boosters claim it to be, maybe the Merck drug will, or if not something else will be developed. In that respect buying a couple of years time means getting access to better treatment.

But there's no good answer because no one really knows, COVID hasn't been around long enough for anyone to have any good idea what's going to be the end game.

ETA: I'm explaining what I think in the context of why I got the vaccine and what I expect in the future, not here to persuade anyone else that they should see it the same way

This post didn't age well.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Good for you komrad.  Gotta keep up the jabs to stay “fully” vaccinated.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:09:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This post didn't age well.
View Quote

Why? Still seems true to me
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Has anyone suggested a badge for the Vaxxers?
View Quote

Half of GD would probably take a jab for one....
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top