Quoted:

And?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can keep the JW-20 there Canuck. I had one and it was the worst knock-off Norinco ever produced. I've a couple of FN produced (pre-Browning) TDs and the Chi-Com version falls way short in every way.

Norinco did a fine job with the rest of their .22 knock-offs but the JW-20 sucks.

Quoted:
I'd rather give $400 to the Mormons than $200 to the CHICOMs.  That's just me.

What firearm are the Mormons knocking-off?

JMB was mormon

And?

littering and....
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I wish Browning made one a grade lower, one with a matte finish and dull stock. Even the grade 1 is too pretty
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one, picked it up on Gunbroker for $175, mint condition. For some stupid reason the seller listed it as "frosted" bore so nobody would touch it. I don't think it had ever been shot. Runs bulk ammo without a problem. I was looking for a beater to chop up for a suppressor host & backpack gun, it was too pretty to do that to it so it sits in the safe. It and it's Browning counter part are sweet little rifles.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not quite news, these were imported into the US in the 90s before the Clinton Nork ban.

Sarco had these in stock a few months ago, dunno if they still have any.
View Quote

Unless they found some more since January, I bought the last one they had. It's posted on page 1 of this thread.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have a Browning version? I caved and put a down payment on one.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been trying to find one of those for a long time  
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good comrades of Norinco make .22 takedown rifle cheap of cost so workers can afford.  No longer at mercy of greedy Belgian fascists.   Unfortunately, Chairman Obama say not for you. But I may get one--good idea, no?
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/norinco-jw20-22lr-takedown-rifle/
View Quote

I believe you've confused Chairman Obama with Chairman Bush or Chairman Reagan. I forget which. (Even if it wasn't them, they certainly didn't reverse the EO.)
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When were we importing North Korean guns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not quite news, these were imported into the US in the 90s before the Clinton Nork ban.

"Norinco" slang, at least among 1911 heads.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:30:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nef sells a 870 knock off and the same company now owns remington

The Chinese make damn good firearms.  Their old M14 clones are, according to many, better than the Springfield Armory M1A.

My 2 Chinese AKs are better made than any of the Arsenals that I've handled, and I'm told that their 1911s are well made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the Chinese stealing everything  

The Chinese make damn good firearms.  Their old M14 clones are, according to many, better than the Springfield Armory M1A.

My 2 Chinese AKs are better made than any of the Arsenals that I've handled, and I'm told that their 1911s are well made.

All true.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Really?  The only use of Nork that I've heard of was to refer to the North Koreans.

Too bad, a North Korean 1911 would be awesome to have, even though it'd be hideously unsafe to shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Norinco" slang, at least among 1911 heads.

Really?  The only use of Nork that I've heard of was to refer to the North Koreans.

Too bad, a North Korean 1911 would be awesome to have, even though it'd be hideously unsafe to shoot.

Not North Korean, but interestingly the Vietnamese were making an M1911A1 clone a few years back, branded as Imperial Defense. A British firm was involved with the company as I recall. None were ever imported to the US to my knowledge, I ran across them while in SE Asia. FWIW they had a lousy reputation.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I will assume we will not see this gun in the States
View Quote

It doesn't help much now, but these little Browning takedown clones were widely available (like all other Chinese guns and ammunition) 20 years ago. Decent quality. They worked OK but were a disappointment if you had any experience with the original Belgian made rifle and you expected the same degree of fit, finish and quality.

If my memory is accurate, they were priced in the $125 range and were considered a good buy at the time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck the Chinese stealing everything  

View Quote

I agree.  However, there are many Arfcomers who argue "free trade" because they want to buy stuff cheap.  Well, there is a price and the price is the flight of middle class jobs and the decline of America from having the strongest middle class in the world to below 17th place now.

BTW, I like the Remington M24 better.  It's a modification of the Browning but with fewer parts.  Not so many take down parts to lose.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I believe you've confused Chairman Obama with Chairman Bush or Chairman Reagan. I forget which. (Even if it wasn't them, they certainly didn't reverse the EO.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good comrades of Norinco make .22 takedown rifle cheap of cost so workers can afford.  No longer at mercy of greedy Belgian fascists.   Unfortunately, Chairman Obama say not for you. But I may get one--good idea, no?
https://www.canadaammo.com/product/detail/norinco-jw20-22lr-takedown-rifle/

Chairman Clinton wasn't it??
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top