Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If your mind's too open, your brains might fall out:  

Samantha, it turns out, is really Ashley Elrod, an Outer Banks hotel clerk who duped Jackson into believing she was a voluptuous and wealthy blonde, according to court testimony and Jackson's attorneys. Just about everything she told him, including the rape allegation, was a lie, federal agents testified Monday.

Elrod and Jackson met on the Internet last year and quickly established a phone relationship. Jackson's mother, Leslie B. Walker of Boones Mill, testified that she learned of the relationship before Thanksgiving.

Walker said that her son had been heartbroken for about a year since a girl overseas jilted him. She said her son "quickly found a kinship" with the woman who called herself Samantha.

Walker said she thought it was odd that they had never met, especially when the woman failed to show up at the airport near her home for a planned Christmas visit. She said her son waited for her at the airport from 9 a.m. until the airport closed.

When she questioned him about it, he told her, "Keep an open mind, Mom," Walker testified.

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:28:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not the first time a chick has hollered rape to make a boyfriend jealous.

Which is the only reason why I don't think rape should be the death penalty.  

To many crazy women cry it when it never happened.

Easy solution to that.

False accusations carry an equal penalty.

And in this case, the actual victim, stands a 50-50 chance of getting life.

I mean, lets face facts here... a trial depends on who has the better lawyer, and which lawyer the mindless sheep in the jury box believe.

This sort of solution would only result in less actual rapes being reported, thats my guess.

I'm not saying "If the rapist is acquitted, automatically jail the accuser instead!"  That would be insane.

I'm saying "make falsely reporting a serious crime that carries equal penalty."  She'd still get her own trial, as is the law.  The prosecution would have to prove the accusation was false.  The fact that they didn't manage to convict the originally accused rapist would not be proof that the accusation was false.  I'm sure there'd be a 50% failure rate convicting false accusers, as well.  The chance of them going to prison when they did nothing wrong wouldn't be any greater than the chance of going to prison for any other crime.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Jackson's three-day hearing at Norfolk Naval Station wrapped up Wednesday. The presiding officer will recommend whether the military should seek a court-martial and possibly the death penalty. The military hasn't executed anyone in nearly 50 years.

Jackson is charged with killing Marine Cpl. Justin Huff in January after mistakenly believing that the Iraq war

veteran had raped Elrod. The rape never occurred.

"He told me he wanted to kill him," Elrod testified.

Elrod, using the alias Samantha, maintained a phone relationship - they never met in person - with Jackson for more than two months, which she said included phone sex. She testified that she took the name from her pet bird.

She said she described herself to him as wealthy, attractive, slender and blond and sent him photos, some topless. She testified that she found the photos on the Internet. The heavyset 22-year-old Salem High School dropout looks nothing like the photos.

Asked by Jackson's attorney why she continued the facade, Elrod testified that she needed the attention and then became scared . "I didn't want him to know who I was. I just wanted to talk to him," she said. "I was ashamed at who I was."

She said she had been making random phone calls to military men since she was 15, each time lying about herself. "I have low self-esteem and I need someone to talk to," she said, adding that she is now in counseling.

Believing his "girlfriend" had been raped, Jackson searched for the attacker based on a description by Elrod . When asked Wednesday whether she had told him the attacker was a Marine named Huff or Huffman, Elrod testified that "I might have."

Posing as a special agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, Jackson took Huff away in handcuffs from the Fleet Combat Training Center at Dam Neck on New Year's weekend, according to military court records. Both men had been training at the Virginia Beach base.

Prosecutors said Jackson slit Huff's throat, poured gasoline on him, set him on fire, and then buried him in a North Carolina field.

Afterward, Jackson called Elrod, she said.

"He was hysterical crying," she said, adding that he told her, "'I might have hurt someone.'"

link

What a total WHORE! "She needed attention".   What about the wife and kid(s) of the dead Marine? Where are THEY going to get their attention from? This stupid whore SHOULD have low self-esteem. She is PURE vile, selfish scum.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 6:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:00:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Might have, maybe have, MY ASS.

Evil witch should be burned as an accessory.  

Couldnt have said it better.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
4 out of 5 rapes are not reported.
4 out of 5 reported rapes are false.

Most cops know this, why don't most guys?

Seriously?

I've heard the first statistic before, seems reaonable.  That's the first time, however, I've seen the second.  Where you getting that from?  Not that I doubt it, just curious.

I don't know where he got that second statistic, but as a former prosecutor and former criminal defense attorney, almost every single rape case I saw ended up turning out to be either:
a:  consensual sex and he didn't want to snuggle afterwards, so she cries rape to get back at him.
b:  consensual sex, she gets slut remorse and cries rape to save her tattered reputation.
c:  consensual sex, and she suddenly realizes that if her boyfriend finds out she just fucked this other guy, she's fucked, so she cries rape.

It's just sad.  Especially for the women who actually are raped.  It does happen, but there are a lot of times it's just someone crying wolf.
When they told us the stats, they said "probably more than that" after saying 4 out of 5 reported rapes are false.

I've been a LEO for over 27 straight years in two states, and I've never handled a legitimate rape call.  
I don't post this to imply real rapes don't happen, I've just never worked one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#7]

The liar should do the time.

It wasnt her fault.  She screwed up, ya, but dont put blame where it doesnt belong.  She used the "Lie" as a way of getting Jackson to stop asking her out.  She didnt want to go out with him so instead of saying, "I am NOT interested in you" she said, "I was raped by some military guys, so I dont date military"  This is sorta the way it happened.  

She had no idea this idiot who was in puppy love with her was going to find some guy matching her descrpition and kill him.  She didnt even know the killer or the guy he killed.  

This is from what I know, there maybe more to it, but I dont think so.

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It wasnt her fault.  She screwed up, ya, but dont put blame where it doesnt belong.  She used the "Lie" as a way of getting Jackson to stop asking her out.  She didnt want to go out with him so instead of saying, "I am NOT interested in you" she said, "I was raped by some military guys, so I dont date military"  This is sorta the way it happened.  

She had no idea this idiot who was in puppy love with her was going to find some guy matching her descrpition and kill him.  She didnt even know the killer or the guy he killed.  

She was making 'cold calls' to the .mil barracks just to talk to men!  She instigated the entire affair!  

This little attention whore needs to do time over this deal.    
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#9]
An incredibly tragic story.  

If there is any justice at all in the Universe, that crazy bitch will suffer horribly one day.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder how he will be treated in Levenworth.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Have you even read any of the posts here? Especially the news stories?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Are you serious with those stats?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
About 1 out of every 10 rape accusations is true.  One of the dirty secrets that no one will ever talk about because it is not PC.  

Oh and in my expirence the girl is never charged with shit.  I have spent a LOT of time wasted on investigations dealing with false rapes.  

In fact about six hours week before last.

Sherrick13,

Considering the "he said/she said" scenario that I imagine most of these accusations involve, how on earth do you prove or disprove a rape accusation?  I can understand that law enforcement has developed techniques for these things, but I'm clueless how they do it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:02:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, that's crazy...She will have to live with her decision 4 the rest of her life as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:03:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After some of the things I witnessed in the Marine Corps, I'll never take a rape allegation at face value again. That word is a powerful weapon, and women know it.

As someone who was falsely accused of sexual harassment years ago (and proven totally innocent, thank goodness) I can attest to how damaging an accusation can be.  Dealing with a rape accusation must be a nightmare.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Wow, that's crazy...She will have to live with her decision 4 the rest of her life as well.

She sounds like the kind of person who is without morality, so I doubt it will matter.

As I said, I really do believe that women hate women who pull this more than you men do.
She casts doubt upon the rest of us.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Sadly between 70%-75% of the sexual assualt/battery calls in our town are false reports.    Makes it real tough of the legit cases.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
About 1 out of every 10 rape accusations is true.  One of the dirty secrets that no one will ever talk about because it is not PC.  

Oh and in my expirence the girl is never charged with shit.  I have spent a LOT of time wasted on investigations dealing with false rapes.  

Sherrick13,

Considering the "he said/she said" scenario that I imagine most of these accusations involve, how on earth do you prove or disprove a rape accusation?  I can understand that law enforcement has developed techniques for these things, but I'm clueless how they do it.

One case a prosecutor from another area told me about. Chick comes into the SO, to say she had been raped a few days prior. Investigators go out to the mans house and interview him. He says they had sex but it was consensual. He then provides a video tape a buddy of his had taken of them having sex (he was outside the trailer and fillmed it through the window). No rape charges and no prosecution for the false report.

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sherrick13,

One case a prosecutor from another area told me about. Chick comes into the SO, to say she had been raped a few days prior. Investigators go out to the mans house and interview him. He says they had sex but it was consensual. He then provides a video tape a buddy of his had taken of them having sex (he was outside the trailer and fillmed it through the window). No rape charges and no prosecution for the false report.

Convenient for that fellow, but what about the majority of the cases where there is no video?  Of course, I just made an assumption that most people don't videotape all of their sexual exploits.  I could just be naive.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sherrick13,

OK...ignoring the "trailer" evidence, I'm still having some problem with the fact that this guy felt the need to have the event filmed by his friend thru a window.
Anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

OK...ignoring the "trailer" evidence, I'm still having some problem with the fact that this guy felt the need to have the event filmed by his friend thru a window.
Anyone else?

It certainly struck me as perverted and strange.  But then again, as I've hinted at before, I've found myself to be quite naive about other people's sexual behaviors.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sherrick13,

Convenient for that fellow, but what about the majority of the cases where there is no video?  Of course, I just made an assumption that most people don't videotape all of their sexual exploits.  I could just be naive.

I've only been in on one so called rape case. So I very little expierence with rapes.

I would say it comes about during the interviews. They usually can't tell the same story twice. Once you get the inconsistent stories you dig deeper, then confront the witness with what you have turned up, they usually fold at that point.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#23]
This is the reply I got from my dad, When I asked what her punishment would be.

Sadly, she has yet to be charged with anything. The government will seldom charge a witness that they need to put on the stand.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:03:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not the first time a chick has hollered rape to make a boyfriend jealous.

Which is the only reason why I don't think rape should be the death penalty.  

To many crazy women cry it when it never happened.

+1

Only proof I can see is if there is DNA evidence...

On the other side, I think the story itself is wacked.

Still wouldn't mean that she was raped; just that they had unprotected sex
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Not surpised.  There was a local case a few years back where a woman told he husband she had been raped while walking home.  Hubby found the "rapist" at the bar and popped a cap his his ass, literally.

Later turned out the wife had consentual sex with the "rapist" and she made up the rape story to cover for why she was getting home from the bar at 3AM.

Forceble rape is rare, very rare. Rape by intoxication and other forms of aqauintance rape and date rape are less rare.  Buyers remorse and other outright lies are COMMON.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously?

I've heard the first statistic before, seems reaonable.  That's the first time, however, I've seen the second.  Where you getting that from?  Not that I doubt it, just curious.

I don't know where he got that second statistic, but as a former prosecutor and former criminal defense attorney, almost every single rape case I saw ended up turning out to be either:
a:  consensual sex and he didn't want to snuggle afterwards, so she cries rape to get back at him.
b:  consensual sex, she gets slut remorse and cries rape to save her tattered reputation.
c:  consensual sex, and she suddenly realizes that if her boyfriend finds out she just fucked this other guy, she's fucked, so she cries rape.

It's just sad.  Especially for the women who actually are raped.  It does happen, but there are a lot of times it's just someone crying wolf.

Are the women who cry rape punished? that woud seem to go a long way towards aleviating the problem

Rarely. Places like Laura's house and other "victims" rights groups would scream bloody murder.

I am aware of one local case that resulted in prosecution.  A woman claimed she was the victim of a gang rape. It later turned out she was the willing participant in a home movie gang bang. In fact she was directing the actyion and even heckeled one of the guys who couldnt get it up on camera. She was not prosecuted for the false police report and ruining 5 guys lives.  She was prosecuted for fraud/theft because she filed for and recieved money from a vcitm assistance fund. The DA said had she not applied for the money and got it he wouldnt have charged her with anything.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'm using google and I keep finding the 10% are false statistic, not 4 out of 5 are false.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I've been a LEO for over 27 straight years in two states, and I've never handled a legitimate rape call.  
I don't post this to imply real rapes don't happen, I've just never worked one.

Only 13 years here, and they have all been 100% false or buyer remorse.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
With the effect of even being acused of rape has, I think that a false rape report should come with a nice long prison term, like 20 years.

I think a woman who makes a false rape claim should get the same sentence the guy would have gotten if convicted. That also includes having to register as a sex offender after she gets out of jail.

Perfect!!

I agree! Perfect!
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#32]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_Hammurabi

I think the Hammurabi Code should be returned.

Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#33]
With a forceable rape there will be injury to the victim unless the victim has got some really bad advice along the way like "just lie there, it will only be worse if you resist".  With rape by intoxication there will be drug/alcohol evidence.

A common tactic is to have the victim call the suspect while the investigators listen in.  the victim confronts the suspect and tries to get him to admit she either did not consent or was unable to consent do to intoxication.

With cellphones and emails being so common those records can be very helpfull. Saved Emails show mindset of the "victim" and show who was pursuing who.  Cell phone records, ATM/Credit card receipts and bar/hotel survielance footage can confirm or rule out if the vitim or susppect is lieing about where they were at a specific time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:32:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Give her the max sentence for slander or liable (which ever is the spoken, not written defamation) on the marine in question.  Her defamation of his character cost the the marine his life.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Speaking of questionable rape accusations, does anyone know what the current status of the Duke Lacross players is?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Are you fucking kiddidn me? The woman in question is at the second video link on the page below.
If the camera adds ten pounds she swallowed about fourteen of them.

What a fat disgusting fat whore.  
Who would want to stick their dick in that.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you fucking kiddidn me? The woman in question is at the second video link on the page below.

I didn't see a link to a video on either news site. Where is it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sherrick13,

I've only been in on one so called rape case. So I very little expierence with rapes.

I would say it comes about during the interviews. They usually can't tell the same story twice. Once you get the inconsistent stories you dig deeper, then confront the witness with what you have turned up, they usually fold at that point.

Most of the ones I handled lacked many of the indicators of a forcible sexual assault, such as trauma to the female genital organs, lack of screaming for help despite her roommate being 10 feet away in the next room, etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I hope she rots in  Hell.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't see a link to a video on either news site. Where is it?

+1 Good god!

Samantha, it turns out, is really Ashley Elrod, an Outer Banks hotel clerk who duped Jackson into believing she was a voluptuous and wealthy blonde, according to court testimony and Jackson's attorneys. Just about everything she told him, including the rape allegation, was a lie, federal agents testified Monday.

I believe it!

Is hittin' it up with this Navy recruiter. They talk on the phone for hours and hours. They get to know each other real well. She tells him she is a real sexy blonde. You know, 5'5, 115 pounds, DD. He develops feelings for her. So, she suggests they meet. What better place then the local bar. They agree on a time, and decide to meet there that night. The girl, showed up early. Theres a rowdy gang of Marines there as well. She sat under one of those bright Neon "BUDWEISER" signs, in the corner. The guy showed up too. Looking for a very attractive blonde, he doesn't see who he is looking for. After waiting an hour or two, he decides to leave. Next day, he calls her up, and asked where she was. She was there, she responds. But was taken by one of the Marines, and raped.
The recruiter is furious, he asks for a description.
Link Posted: 10/24/2006 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#45]
I really didnt read the whole story, But I really dont care either.

Everyone wants to blame the stupid girl, when its the stupid guys fault.

Get the hell over it people, girls lie.  I dont give a crap if its their age, or what they had for dinner...

Who is more to blame, the jackass who tells a lie or the one who freaking kills someone.

Lets take a look at her lie,...some guy raped me..dont know who ... some huff guy.

Nows his story....

Ok I'll find a guy with a name like huff and kill him...

Most girls you meet will be attention whores in some way or another...my wife, daughter and mother included...most likely so are yours.  But since you "know" them you know how to handle and deal with it.  So much so you probably cant even see it.  Thats not a crime.  Its only human nature.  

Guys are complete goofballs, you are, I am, we all are.  Some guys will get stupid over a sports team, some will get stupid over a girl...whatever.  Fact is this reject got stupid over a girl and freaking killed someone.

He freaking killed someone because of something that was told to him by a stranger..put the blame where it belongs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 5:07:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I really didnt read the whole story, But I really dont care either.

Everyone wants to blame the stupid girl, when its the stupid guys fault.

Get the hell over it people, girls lie.  I dont give a crap if its their age, or what they had for dinner...

Who is more to blame, the jackass who tells a lie or the one who freaking kills someone.

Lets take a look at her lie,...some guy raped me..dont know who ... some huff guy.

Nows his story....

Ok I'll find a guy with a name like huff and kill him...

Most girls you meet will be attention whores in some way or another...my wife, daughter and mother included...most likely so are yours.  But since you "know" them you know how to handle and deal with it.  So much so you probably cant even see it.  Thats not a crime.  Its only human nature.  

Guys are complete goofballs, you are, I am, we all are.  Some guys will get stupid over a sports team, some will get stupid over a girl...whatever.  Fact is this reject got stupid over a girl and freaking killed someone.

He freaking killed someone because of something that was told to him by a stranger..put the blame where it belongs.

I don't think anybody would argue with you, but it seems wrong for her to just walk when it was her lie that led to the crime.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
4 out of 5 rapes are not reported. BECAUSE

It burns me up when I hear this crap.
Trash like the one in this story make it hard for real victims to come forward.

ETA: I like the Gooch's suggestion!

Maybe if girls would quit MAKING RAPE SHIT UP it would make it easier for the real ones to be helped.

I believe I already said that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 5:57:15 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Might have, maybe have, MY ASS.

Evil witch should be burned as an accessory.  

If you believe guys go out just find anyone with a name close to another and kill them because some bimbo sais somethign close to this or that, then I have some nice high dollar swamp land you would be interested in.

This was an ochestrated killing and the conductor is free for another performance.

Tj

At the very minimum, she should be charged with involuntary homocide or negligent homocide.

I disagree.

And I only disagree, if she did not KNOW the guy would have went out and killed someone.

Yep, she's trash but she did not request, instruct or direct the murder.

He did it on his own.

+1
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#50]
What a tragedy for the Marine's family.

This is quite a bit OT but when I was up at meps a girl got in trouble for having sex with 5 guys in a row (or maybe at the same time) at the hotel.

She was sent sent home and the guys went on to meps in the morning.

Too bad we didn't get there till late
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top