Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
One term president....

Yeah, but how bad off will we be when that one term is over?

Nick

Barry is agenda driven.  If he can accomplish his goals in one term, I don't know that he cares about a second term.  None the less, I expect barry will win a second term.

5sub

good point.

another reason i think he's trying to get all this done so fast is so he can work on his campaign for 2012 the rest of his time in office.

––––––––––––––––––

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Watching the Geithner interview reminded me of last year's Gerald Celente prediction of a tax revolt.

Get ready! It's coming!

I don't think a tax revolt is coming.

For the population to act, there must a defining, incendiary event.

5sub

My big fear is Obama using an 'event' as a way to successfully demonize the right, just as Clinton did with the OKC bombing.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My big fear is Obama using an 'event' as a way to successfully demonize the right, just as Clinton did with the OKC bombing.

But this time, people ain't gonna buy that shit.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"Geithner was clear that he believes a key component of economic recovery is deficit reduction. When I gave him several opportunities to rule out a middle class tax hike, he wouldn’t do it."

What fucking planet is this guy from (geithner). Its his and obamas policies that got us the massive deficit we have, and NOW he wants to raise taxes on the middle class. Thats a great idea you fucking loser douche hose. We are hanging on by a thread as it is, we want to give you more of our fucking money.
I got a better idea, why dont you and obama go snuggle up in a russian flag, have wild butt sex and eat a bag of shit. You mother fucking commie pig fucking bastard

9.8/10 Good rant.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But this time, people ain't gonna buy that shit.

I didn't think people would buy it back in '95 either.  

I hope you're right, but propaganda can be a very powerful and effective tool.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
China will not continue to fund us if we print our way out of this,so the only answer Geithner can come up with is to scale back the grand plan(ain't gonna happen) or raise taxes.Common sense is a bitch.

Let me help that along a bit:

Quoted:
China will not continue to fund us if we print our way out of this,so the only answer Geithner can come up with is to scale back the grand plan(ain't gonna happen) or raise taxes.Common sense is a bitch.

CHINA told Geithner just a days ago:  "Cut your deficits and stop printing or we stop buying your debt, you bitches".

END OF STORY.  They sat out a bond auction this week just to get their point across and it was ugly.

The leadership in the White House has therefore decided tax increases are less painful than the Asians setting us up for bond-Armageddon.

Easy to understand, when you take the wide view.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As far as I'm concerned,  governments should never be fat.  They should be starved almost to a skeleton,  with little money on hand to
spend and a legal requirement that they can't spend a penny more than they're allotted.   Balanced budget amendment and constraints
in place at all times.

If the government has a shortage of money, it forces them to spend it only on what's necessary.   They can make up the shortfall by
getting rid of the dead wood within government.  

As far as I'm concerned,  the national average tax rate shouldn't be more than five percent and it should be enough to accomplish the
essential tasks that a federal government should perform...and no more than that.

CJ

I like the way you think, but the morons with all the votes pay no taxes, and the rest either don't give a shit or have no idea how fooked this country has gotten and how fooked it will get at the hands of these traiterous bastards!

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Watching the Geithner interview reminded me of last year's Gerald Celente prediction of a tax revolt.

Get ready! It's coming!

I don't think a tax revolt is coming.

For the population to act, there must a defining, incendiary event.

5sub

They've been laying the groundwork for that since day one. "Right-wing domestic terrorists", anyone?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top