Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ugly people need love too.  Will be an interesting court case.  They didn't mind he was gay, but didn't like him being a married gay.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
well, this WAS a good firing, but would anyone care to wager how this will work out for the school?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
One of the looks like he is straight out of the early 60's!!!!.........but not that straight!!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Guilty.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Just have to push it into their faces.

GTFO-
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
well, this WAS a good firing, but would anyone care to wager how this will work out for the school?
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to sue them.

what WOULD surprise me is... if he hadn't planned this all along.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In violation of his contract. He knew it would happen, did it anyway and now wants to whine about the consequences he knew would be forthcoming.

Just shut up.
View Quote

Yup.  Not against gays getting married but I am against martyrs.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll bet he flaunted his marriage at school.  
 If he had quietly enjoyed his bedroom activities, the school never would have found out about them.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I send my kids to a Catholic school, then I expect them to be taught Catholic values by people who emulate them.

If you don't like it, go work for the Episcopalians.

If he had quietly enjoyed his bedroom activities, the school never would have found out about them.  

Isn't it great how in this country a woman can get engaged and gush about it to anyone with a pair of ears, and everyone smiles and congratulates her and tells her how excited they are for her?

But then if you're, say, gay... you better keep that shit at home.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

He's looking for a payday.
Why would someone who's Gay work for an organization that's anti gay?
View Quote
The Catholic church and school are not anti gay, they're anti gay marriage, all sinners are welcome at church. It doesn't matter if your a fat gluttonous pig, a pillow biter, or a murderer. They only had a problem with him when he decided to get married, it's his own fault, but I doubt he ever thought he would have the chance to get married 12 years ago when they hired him. He should have just left quietly as a sign of respect for the people who kept him employed for 12 years.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Private school, private rules.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In violation of his contract. He knew it would happen, did it anyway and now wants to whine about the consequences he knew would be forthcoming.

Just shut up.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He's looking for a payday.Why would someone who's Gay work for an organization that's anti gay?
View Quote

Attention whoring. It's common practice for these people.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Isn't it great how in this country a woman can get engaged and gush about it to anyone with a pair of ears, and everyone smiles and congratulates her and tells her how excited they are for her?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I send my kids to a Catholic school, then I expect them to be taught Catholic values by people who emulate them.

Cultural norms.  Moral standards.  Social esteem for reproduction within the family unit.

Like it or not, this country was built on families raising their kids to be smarter and better than they were themselves.  Lineage and progeny matter a great deal to the social psyche.

We didn't get where we are from nothing, and social history demands recognition.  We have esteem for marriage and family because that's what our entire society is built upon.

Homosexuals have decided they want a piece of the action, and believe IVF, artificial insemination, extramarital reproduction, adoption, etc. can fill in the weakness left by biology...  if, indeed, they want kids at all.  

It remains to be seen whether society buys it or not.  As of right now, mainstream America has not.

It's important to note that we're not talking about tolerance - that already exists.  We're talking about esteem, and you can note that esteem isn't afforded to everyone anyhow.  Did anyone ever think Brittney Spears' marriages were worth anything?

You can't be shocked that people hold esteem for what they desire for themselves, and decry that which they see as undesirable.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
 must have a big dick
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You can't be shocked that people hold esteem for what they desire for themselves, and decry that which they see as undesirable.
View Quote

I'm not shocked.

I just think it's really sad. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to worry about living in a closet. I can't imagine what that's like.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's looking for a payday.Why would someone who's Gay work for an organization that's anti gay?

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Michael Griffin was fired from Holy Ghost Preparatory School after administrators said his obtaining a license to marry his same-sex partner was a violation of his contract.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/08/gay-teacher-fired-after-applying-for-marriage-license/

They should have simply fired him for choosing such an ugly partner.  

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wpvi/cms_exf_2007/news/local/9352348_448x252.jpg

View Quote

we all thought the stork was brain damaged.

- otter

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Two things

First, the whole reason this guy sought marriage knowing the consequence is to further push the church/ religion/ in peoples bedroom as a total are haters and hating the protected class. Score for the weird and overly queer. He will get a better job out of this plus  donations.

Second, the family structure in this country is long gone.  Lived in an apartment complex of which only 3 men actually lived with a wife and kids. Only one of those guys was the original father.  In 10-15 years, everything will have changed. This was a good neighborhood and a good part of town. That's all that's left..
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Really, that's all that needs to be said about the whole thing.

That Numbnuts is too stupid to be an Educator.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
good firing

yep

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:17:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn straight.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol

Cause the priests don't like you fucking up their game.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#23]
i knew bricktop was gay!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Pretty much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

"Pretty" much.  No, it's exactly like this.  For these two pieces of crap, this is their 15 minutes of fame.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Catholic private school. Folks that PAY to send kids their expect catholic values to be taught. Both in academics and by example.Their money pays for the school so it is their rules.

ETA: Many gays want to spread the message gay is OK and perfectly normal. I am fine with that as long as it is still OK for me to disagree with them and send my kids to a school that shares my values on my dime.
View Quote

They want to use the state to spread that message and even to coerce such a belief.  That's the whole point of what they've been doing in the political realm.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:47:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Christian School - contract requires christian values.

The issue is this, sex outside of marriage is against Catholic teaching.  Catholic Church (and the bible for that matter) does not recognize same sex marriage.  They are not being singled out however, this policy should apply to unmarried heterosexual Teachers who shack up as well.

I was not in good standing with the Catholic Church for quite a bit of my adult life.

View Quote

It generally is.  There have been teachers fired from local Catholic schools for this very reason, as well as for getting pregnant out of wedlock (or getting someone pregnant).
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would assume any lawsuits would involve Church property.  I do not know who owns what in the Anglican Church.  I can see issues with the Catholic Church when Catholic organizations  leave the communion of the Church as well (such as Hospitals and Schools).  As far as I know, we have let them go - without the Catholic name.  The Church and parish properties, however, are property of the Diocese, likewise much is property of religious orders.  I suspect if a Diocese would try to leave, the Bishop would be removed.  I don't know if the same would apply if an Order tried to leave.

fwiw, there will be no payday - Supreme Court already slapped Obama on this - concerning employees of religious schools.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure I appreciated that comment - then I remember that I flipped over to Anglican when the Episcopalians when batshit crazy 2 years ago.

Ok, I have to ask. So the you left Episcopalian Church, a member of the Anglican Communion, and joined an Anglican Church here in the US? What craziness were the Episcopalians involved in that the Anglicans weren't?

The US Episcopal Church has ordained open gays as ministers, lesbians as teachers at their seminaries and sued parishes for attempting to leave, among other things.  Their current head, Katherine Jefferts-Schiori is a complete moonbat.

Those two fruits would fit right in.  They'd probably get ordained.
I would assume any lawsuits would involve Church property.  I do not know who owns what in the Anglican Church.  I can see issues with the Catholic Church when Catholic organizations  leave the communion of the Church as well (such as Hospitals and Schools).  As far as I know, we have let them go - without the Catholic name.  The Church and parish properties, however, are property of the Diocese, likewise much is property of religious orders.  I suspect if a Diocese would try to leave, the Bishop would be removed.  I don't know if the same would apply if an Order tried to leave.

fwiw, there will be no payday - Supreme Court already slapped Obama on this - concerning employees of religious schools.  

I do know that some Anglican parishes are returning to communion with the Roman Catholic Church.  It's led to lawsuits and the like around here.  It's interesting to hear about cases where canon law is discussed and is at issue.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Heterosexual couples don't flaunt their marriages?  At least be consistent.

Buuuuut it was a Catholic school so the school gets some leeway to fire him, I really don't have a problem with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heterosexual couples don't flaunt their marriages?  At least be consistent.

Buuuuut it was a Catholic school so the school gets some leeway to fire him, I really don't have a problem with that.

One is wrong, oxymoronic, and generally immoral.  The other is encouraged by the Faith and is viewed as moral.  Hence why they are treated differently.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#29]
seriously I'm the 1st to post this?

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'm not shocked.

I just think it's really sad. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to worry about living in a closet. I can't imagine what that's like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not shocked.

Well, we all have a cross to carry. That one isn't even very heavy in the grand scheme of things.

Consider that gun owners in ban states live under far greater threat of institutionalized persecution than gay people do, and that's actually in the Constitution.

Funny how public opinion works, isn't it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:19:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I do know that some Anglican parishes are returning to communion with the Roman Catholic Church.  It's led to lawsuits and the like around here.  It's interesting to hear about cases where canon law is discussed and is at issue.
View Quote

That's right, hadn't though about that. Only Catholic priests authorized a wife are the former Anglicans, right?
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:24:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

This..

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:27:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's right, hadn't though about that. Only Catholic priests authorized a wife are the former Anglicans, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some Byzantine Rite too, IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:33:42 AM EDT
[#34]

No, not really.  But it tries to fake it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:35:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Just shut up.
View Quote

Bingo. Nobody reads their contact anymore. Read through it, and if you don't agree parts with it, negotiate to have it amended(which I have done before) or don't sign.  He knew the rules.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, but he signed a contract. If he didn't want to live within the guidelines then should have taught at a public school.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:44:55 AM EDT
[#37]
On second thought.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:55:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He looks like the buttfuck love child of Macklemore and that guy from Revenge of the Nerds.
View Quote

Aaaaahahahahahaha!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#39]
The pro-gays tears over this homosexual Attention-Whore FAIL are rich indeed.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:03:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Catholic School.  Let's face it, they got enough of a black eye where buttfucking is concerned already from the pedo priest set.  

At the end of the day it's their house, their rules.  Good fire as long as they aren't taking govt funds or operating their business tax exempt while the rest of us have to pay in their stead.  

If they're on the govt's payroll, either as an established state religion (tax exempt) or as a contractor (taking money directly) they should be bound by the same rules the government has to obey in treating everyone equally.  

If they pay their own way, neither I, nor anyone else should be able to dictate their choices.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Gross.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Catholic School.  Let's face it, they got enough of a black eye where buttfucking is concerned already from the pedo priest set.  

At the end of the day it's their house, their rules.  Good fire as long as they aren't taking govt funds or operating their business tax exempt while the rest of us have to pay in their stead.  

If they're on the govt's payroll, either as an established state religion (tax exempt) or as a contractor (taking money directly) they should be bound by the same rules the government has to obey in treating everyone equally.  

If they pay their own way, neither I, nor anyone else should be able to dictate their choices.
View Quote
Yeap

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:17:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

this... i am surprised he was hired to begin with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it was probably not disclosed at hiring. However i would bet cash money he signed a morality contract to work there. If he signed a contract and violated that contract then good firing.

I disagree with anti gay sentiments but he didn't have to agree to it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:25:50 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

it was probably not disclosed at hiring. However i would bet cash money he signed a morality contract to work there. If he signed a contract and violated that contract then good firing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The article says he was aware of the employer's policy, but decided to violate anyway: "he acknowledged that he was aware of this provision, yet he said that he intended to go ahead with the ceremony.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:32:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The article says he was aware of the employer's policy, but decided to violate anyway: "he acknowledged that he was aware of this provision, yet he said that he intended to go ahead with the ceremony.”  
View Quote

Doesn't sound like someone living the closeted life of a hunted animal, hiding from those mean, nasty traditionalists.

Seems like a Pure Attention Whore move.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Doesn't sound like someone living the closeted life of a hunted animal, hiding from those mean, nasty traditionalists.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The article says he was aware of the employer's policy, but decided to violate anyway: "he acknowledged that he was aware of this provision, yet he said that he intended to go ahead with the ceremony.”  

What, trying to get hitched to his partner?  That's not normally considered an attention whore move.  It's just something people do if they're dumb enough to want to merge assets with someone else.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:47:58 AM EDT
[#47]
The vow of celibacy is not what people think it is.  It is not a vow to
not have sex, it is a vow to not get married (sex out of wedlock is
already covered by the 10 commandments).  There are several reasons for
the Latin Rite to avoid ordaining married men, but they do ordain
permanent deacons who are married.  The main issue is the conflict of
interest - The Priest would have 2 families, which would be more
important - his biological or his Parrish family.  The second
(concerning mostly Deacons) is the vow of celibacy - if their spouse
died they could (generally) not remarry.  As such it is very rare to
have a younger married Deacon if children are involved.

There are quite a few Catholic rites in communion with Rome.  IIRC,
while the Latin Church will allow most Catholic Priest (including
married ones) of other rites to change to the Latin rite - it can
occasionally limit their faculties.  The Anglican rite is somewhat
unique, as quite often the Roman Catholic Church does not recognize the
validity of the Priests apostolic succession (the conversion however
does require acceptance of doctrinal issues).  The Catholic Churches not
in communion with Rome are yet a different story (as there are
doctrinal issues, but no question of succession).

---

FWIW In the past the Roman Catholic Church allowed for homosexual Priests (perhaps a huge problem in the 60's).  It has been frowned upon the last few years, primarily due to the child abuse scandals.  Pope Francis has all but said that the Church should not discriminate due to orientation (abet that still does not allow them to practice their orientation in either way).

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:57:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol

You mean the gay priests the church charitably let into the priesthood?

Because I didn't hear about any pedo priests going after girls. Just sayin'
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:17:00 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 5
Top Top