BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Those cans spill gas and are absolute trash from my limited experience.

Yep. It is almost impossible to *not* spill gas when using them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I love the Simple Siphon.  Two or three quick shakes starts the flow.  I can drain 5 gals into the tractor or ATV in 2-3 minutes.  No pouring or spills.  They are really worth while and cheap.  Check em out at  

Simple Siphon

Give the a try.  You won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Here are a couple of threads that might be of interest to you guys regarding Scepter MFC's:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=18&t=607946&page=1

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=17&t=606273<----Still has some in stock.

Get them while you can because once they're gone, they're gone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
you can pry my wedco metal fuel cans from my cold, dead hands!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:24:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Who ever heard of such BS? I just order these from CTD:

www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA099-570-1395.html

They are like $14, you just need to get a good nozzle. Who the hell is going to come on my property and police what kind of gas can I have anyway.

Who the fuck thinks up these laws?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
It's called a Type II Safety can IIRC.
No big deal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
i'll just do like my neighbor does and store it in old whisky jars in the greenhouse.

...yea, he's a crazy old man
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy water cans. Mark them "GASOLINE!!!"  Use a funnel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have eight or ten of the pre-ban ones. I've got one post ban but it's not a Jerry Can style and functions very well with the valve. I've seen the bastardized Jerry Can CARB fuel nozzles ... fail.

Idiots have trouble operating them - several people year kill themselves or burn themselves seriously because they're idiots. I figure it's darwin at work. If you're so stupid to pour gasoline on a hot engine trying to refuel the tank then you probably need to be taken out of the gene pool. I do find it amazing that our air pollution problem causes someone in Texas to change their laws!

Due to the mountians to the east and the on-shore breezes the pollution from the 15 million people of the Los Angeles metro area gets "stuck" in the basin. I do remember how bad it was 15 years ago - and it was worse still back in the 60's when the population here wasn't a third of what it is now.

You should have been here back in the '50s, when they still had outdoor incinerators and the like,  you couldn't go outside with out wanting to claw your eyes out.  Like it or not. the anti-smog rules have really helped considering the number of people that were here then and now.

BTW I started looking for Scepter cans early last year and they made a CARB version, but I couldn't find any place that had any in stock and/or would sell to any but military.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top