Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]

I talked to the local Wal-Mart gun guys about a Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic they had, but it wasn't marked down.  One guy went in the back and typed in the UPC and the item number.  One input got no response, but the other indicated the regular price ($388?).

I guess only some of Wal-Mart's Weatherby Vanguard Synthetics are marked down...  

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I talked to the local Wal-Mart gun guys about a Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic they had, but it wasn't marked down.  One guy went in the back and typed in the UPC and the item number.  One input got no response, but the other indicated the regular price ($388?).

I guess only some of Wal-Mart's Weatherby Vanguard Synthetics are marked down...  

Not all stores had the guns that were marked down in-stock. Not all vanguards were marked down, just some specific ones that walmart isn't carrying anymore. If your local store didn't have one in-stock that was marked down, then the computer doesn't receive the markdown from the home office. Some sporting goods managers are lazier than others and it can take them several days or weeks before they do their home office price changes. It is possible that some are waiting until after hunting season kicks off to make the markdowns.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a Rem 597.

I didnt need it but I got it
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got a Rem 597.

Did you get it at $75? that was a helluva price, wish I would have been there a little sooner and caught the one we had before it sold
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:28:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got a Rem 597.

Did you get it at $75? that was a helluva price, wish I would have been there a little sooner and caught the one we had before it sold

Yea, I had to ask though, they had all the sale stuff hid in the back
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:29:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got a Rem 597.

that's the best way to make sure it is still there when you get off work
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i wish people realized what walmarts busniess practices did to the hunting and shooting industry.

Lemme guess....made it stronger and larger, right?

More hunting and fishing stores near me than there have ever been, and we have 2 walmarts too. Weird, huh? It's almost like Walmart is feeding the frenzy towards the hunting and shooting sports by getting people started on basic gear, and the specialty shops cater to the serious hunter and shooter with more professional gear. I'm sure I'm wrong and you'll educate me, but then I was never a super genius anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You mean it wasn't in the revolving rack?!

Shit, I'm going to have to ask in Wal-Mart more often if that's the case... I didn't know they firearms stored away elsewhere in the store...

Hmmm.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:15:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I picked up one on Sunday...NONE of the marked down guns in the rack. They were all out back. Picked up the last .30-06 for myself, marked $388 and got it for $250. No advertisement...I just had to bug the guy at the counter.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
BTW, the store I was checking had a Savage 7mm Mag w/scope.  It had been marked down to $250, and then marked down again to $175.  Amazing.  I wasn't interested, though.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got a Rem 597.

One with the camo stock?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I got a Rem 597.

One with the camo stock?

No the one with the camo stock is not marked down. it was only the grey stocked 597
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:48:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Good time to go in is now. I work at a local Wal Mart in Sporting Goods. We are discontinueing some firearms and marking them down for clearence. I watched a $389 7 mm Mag go for $175 yesterday.
More to go and it is across the board Wal Mart Stores. Thay are dropping some models
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
They do this in other departments too.  I got a $400 camera for $99 a while back.  When they want it gone, they wnat it gone.

I'm waiting to see what they do when they consolidate the guns at just a few stores around here, hopefully they have similar clearance prices.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
BTW, the store I was checking had a Savage 7mm Mag w/scope.  It had been marked down to $250, and then marked down again to $175.  Amazing.  I wasn't interested, though.

Back too walfart...I just bought the weatherby 30.06 last night for 250.00 and for 175.00 for a 7mm mag I'm off to pick that one up also. They have one left with my name on it.
Stinking walfart..there goes this weeks pay.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Amazing.  I wasn't interested, though.

WHY NOT!? IT'S A FUCKING STEAL!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Amazing.  I wasn't interested, though.

WHY NOT!? IT'S A FUCKING STEAL!

Yeah, it was a steal -- an amazing price for a Savage 7mm Mag w/ mounted & boresighted scope.

In the end, I guess I rather have the $175 than a seldom-used Savage sitting in my closet.

I'm pretty impressed with those slick Weatherbies, though.  I handled one at the store in .30-06 -- it was $250, a great price.  Alas, I have a Remington 700 in .30-06 that fills my deer gun quota.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#19]
When I bought mine the manager showed up to check the paperwork and was showing a new asst. manager how to do it.

He then told and showed the asst. to turn the turntable so the discount rifles were facing out.

Sounds like some stores have lazy people (now there's a surprise ) who aren't getting products to the sales floor.

BTW, Walmart has a locked room in back just for rifles. Maybe ammo too..
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Weatherby rifles are weatherby in name only. There is no Weatherby company making Weatherby guns. LOTS of actual brand name companies have PVT labeled Weatherby's.

S.O.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Savage single shot 22LR for $50?????   What model?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

He then told and showed the asst. to turn the turntable so the discount rifles were facing out.

Sounds like some stores have lazy people (now there's a surprise ) who aren't getting products to the sales floor.

BTW, Walmart has a locked room in back just for rifles. Maybe ammo too..

I'm actually kinda pissed off to learn about this... I've missed dozens of discounted rifles that I probably wanted simply because some lazy bastard didn't want to go into the back room and change out the turn-table.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Crap, I guess I gotta go to Wally world tmw and see what is on sale.....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I am pissed.  Just rran to Wally world to look for one of the Savage or Vangaurd rifles, I am hunting in rifle zone this year and need a deer rifle.  Nothing on sale.  Can someone who works at Wal Mart find out what is up?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I am pissed.  Just rran to Wally world to look for one of the Savage or Vangaurd rifles, I am hunting in rifle zone this year and need a deer rifle.  Nothing on sale.  Can someone who works at Wal Mart find out what is up?

These are "office mark-downs." Meaning that management of sporting goods wants to get rid of some stock to get new stuff (or expand their department). These are not Wal-Mart national sales.

However, I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that a sales that one Wal-Mart has MUST be honored by another Wal-Mart. For instance, you find out a Wal-Mart 10 miles away is selling Mossberg 500s for $130, I think any other Wal-Mart in your area must also sell the firearm at that same price (if they have it) when you provide the sales stub or any proof.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I work for wally world......this is what's up, you are too late. the original posting was made on the 8th of October that is when the guns were marked down. It is now the 25th of October, all (probably) the marked down guns are gone! They don't last long at those prices.

Quoted:
These are "office mark-downs." Meaning that management of sporting goods wants to get rid of some stock to get new stuff (or expand their department). These are not Wal-Mart national sales.

wrong.......These are Home Office markdowns. ALL wally worlds that had these guns in stock should have marked them down. This is nation-wide. You have to realize though that if your local store didn't have any of these guns in stock then they had nothing to markdown.

However, I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, that a sales that one Wal-Mart has MUST be honored by another Wal-Mart. For instance, you find out a Wal-Mart 10 miles away is selling Mossberg 500s for $130, I think any other Wal-Mart in your area must also sell the firearm at that same price (if they have it) when you provide the sales stub or any proof.

wrong again......Walmart does not match other walmarts prices. walmart will match just about everyone elses ads, but won't match another walmarts. the reason is that this puts one walmart in competition with another walmart. why would we want to compete with ourselves?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#28]
I gots mine!

Savage 111 30-06 package for $250

Night Owl night-vision for $79
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Night Owl night-vision for $79

How do you like that night owl

Its pretty good- for 1st Gen. stuff- and for $80.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top