Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:01:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
M1S has jacked their prices up this week..

What have they raised their prices on, or have they just not updated their webpage?

Their M4 uppers went up $25.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Unfortunately I didn't have a choice in the shipping provider because the vendor only uses UPS.

The other public company was Fed Ex incidently. Another shipping disaster.

This time, they wouldn't allow me to pick up my order at the local depot when they attempted to deliver it to the wrong address and it was refused. They had no provision to change to the correct address in the system (not my fault) and their depot had no provision for walk-in customer service.

After being refused a third time, the package was returned to the vendor (who originally entered in the correct shipping address). I was charged a restocking fee from the vendor, and all sorts of bank charges to reverse the transactions.

I went fucking ballistic.

I told the board of directors the story, everyone's name involved, and that if Fed Ex ever refused to release my packages to me again because they had 'no provision in the system to allow for a walk-in pickup', that I would file a grand larceny report with the police against the regional VP.

I got refunded all of my money for the incident, they reimbursed my trip to the shareholder's meeting, and I got a bunch of Fed Ex crap that was made in China.

You are my new hero!

I am on my way to the nearest UPS depot at lunch today to deal with the same exact fucking thing....package was sent to me, UPS changed the address and name on the package (on thier own)....it got refused there...and now it is sitting at a terminal because they wont put it back on the truck. Going to be fun
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Most of these problems seem to be regional.

...-Troy

Yup - when I lived outside D.C. the UPS service was so ridiculously bad, I coudl easily top ALL of your stories, with many different stories of unspeakable incompetence, indifference and stupidity.

However, now in the suburbs of St. Louis, I have had nothing but excellent service from UPS - with a delivery guy who knows me by name, and never once complains about dragging crates of Danish ammo up to my door.  (Only problem I've had since moving to St. Louis was with UPS holding an item in customs because the people at the port - on the west coast - were morons. That story is fun too )

But I completely agree with Tory - whether you get god-awful service or excellent service from UPS - or anywhere in between - appears to largely depend on WHERE you live.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Most of these problems seem to be regional.

...-Troy

Yup - when I lived outside D.C. the UPS service was so ridiculously bad, I coudl easily top ALL of your stories, with many different stories of unspeakable incompetence, indifference and stupidity.

However, now in the suburbs of St. Louis, I have had nothing but excellent service from UPS - with a delivery guy who knows me by name, and never once complains about dragging crates of Danish ammo up to my door.  (Only problem I've had since moving to St. Louis was with UPS holding an item in customs because the people at the port - on the west coast - were morons. That story is fun too )

But I completely agree with Tory - whether you get god-awful service or excellent service from UPS - or anywhere in between - appears to largely depend on WHERE you live.

I'll concede that point....If I had skylights shining up with my avatar bouncing off the moon, FedEx couldn't find my house , but you could ship me a package via UPS that just said 'rural gun nut, west TN', and it would show up a day early. I honestly think it boils down to individual drivers. Apparently my package simply got delivered to someone other than model 1 sales....which is odd, you'd think they would get UPS packages every day.

I'll update my own dilemna here shortly, time to call UPS.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top