Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just flush it down the toilet.

Tell her it disappeard.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not necessarily a bad thing to be an asshole, chicks like that sort of thing. Stomp on the damn thing in front of her. She will probably get turned on by your manliness and give you pie. Then to show her you have a sweet side too, buy her a puppy. She will be so excited that she'll forget about the rat.

Or buy her a puppy and tell her the puppy wanted to play, you let the rat out, but when you weren't looking, the puppy ate the rat.

It's a freaking rodent. If you do pay for it, you owe Arfcom 1 man card.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
rubber band + tumor = problem solved
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell her spending the $$$ on a rat, with average lifespan of 3 years, isn't economically viable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't waste the money.

My wife has had well over a dozen pet rats over the years. Almost every single one died from a sudden tumor. The tumors appear out of nowhere and take over their body within a couple weeks. She loves them but they usually die around the age of 2, almost always from a huge tumor.

I was a little creeped out at first about the pet rats, but that passed. It's kind of weird seeing a rat act just as loyal as a dog. Always jumping up when you walk in the room, running over to you and laying down on or next to you. Took me a while to get used to them.

Don't have any rats anymore because she couldn't handle the emotional stress of her beloved pets dieing every 2 years.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#7]
no ms paint diagram please
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I pay that much for rats to be exterminated.  

Different strokes, I guess.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#9]
100.00 really isn't that much to have something like a tumor removed.  

Just to have someone look at my Chinchilla will cost me that much.  That's without them doing anything!

Heck 100.00 to have a cat or dog looked at isn't really that much.  My chinchilla means a lot to me, I'd gladly pay 100.00 to help him out.  He is my responsibility and I want to take care of him.  

Granted I don't think a rat is as intelligent as a chinchilla, but I'm sure the rat means a lot to her.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
???
What part of "RAT" doesn't she understand?

Tell her you'll pay for radiation therapy. Then throw the rat in the microwave.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Rat has a medium sized tumor in its crotch, g/f says "We need to take it to the vet". She got it from a friend, pretty cool rat. I just can't see spending a couple hundred on a $4.00 pet. I feel sorry for the thing, but thats alot of dough.

Am I an ass for saying "No, thats too much"?

No you're not an ass.   A cheap bastard, but not an ass.   Is your gf's happiness worth $100?   Think about it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I' do what my friend did in the med lab...accidentally give it an overdose of ethyl alcohol... He killed three rats in quick succession and pissed off the researcher in charge. Unfortunately those rats were worth quite a bit, as they underwent brain surgery(4hrs per rat) before the incident.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You can eject now or pay $50,000 for a divorce.

+1
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:54:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rat has a medium sized tumor in its crotch, g/f says "We need to take it to the vet". She got it from a friend, pretty cool rat. I just can't see spending a couple hundred on a $4.00 pet. I feel sorry for the thing, but thats alot of dough.

No you're not an ass.   A cheap bastard, but not an ass.   Is your gf's happiness worth $100?   Think about it.

its not a question of happiness. it should be common sense. when a RAT is 5 bucks for a brand new one, why pay 100 for a sick one? if you do this to "keep her happy" your a puss. she knows she will own you if you do.

its just a big test. you pay for it she owns you. you dont pay for it, you'll be standing up for common sense and refuse to be drug through the dirt
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

its not a question of happiness. it should be common sense. when a RAT is 5 bucks for a brand new one, why pay 100 for a sick one? if you do this to "keep her happy" your a puss. she knows she will own you if you do.

its just a big test. you pay for it she owns you. you dont pay for it, you'll be standing up for common sense and refuse to be drug through the dirt

You could use the money to buy her 20 rats. She'll have even more in no time...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#16]
As a child my daughter has had many pets. A few were even rats, they can be pretty cool pets sometimes.

Rats get tumors, it's like an unavoidable fact of life or something. Around our house I am called the 'Angel of Death'; rat gets tumor, tumor grows to point rat's quality of life is affected and the daughter says to me, " Dad time to put on your black Angel Wings and send 'Lucy, or Ziggy, or Penny' to a better place".

Death is a part of life, shit happens and death can not be avoided forever. For a rat a BB to the back of the head works fine. Lastly, it's best if you pre-dig the hole, that way they don't have to stand around waiting to have their little pet funeral...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Wrap a bunch of gauze around it and rig up one of those collars so it can't chew on the bandage.  Tell your girlfriend you took it to the vet and wanted to surprise her.  The next morning, after she leaves, knock it in the head and tell her the stress of the surgery must have been too much.  Rig up a real classy shoe box coffin for the win.  

Now that I think about it, this could be the best idea I've ever had.  Post pics, it will be an epic thread.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy her a piece of jewelry instead.

She'll forget all about the rat tumor.

Women, like most lesser creatures, are easily distracted by shiny objects.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:37:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Kill it.

Then leave the door open and tell g/f it escaped.

Hug her.

Give her sympathy suprise buttsecks.

Problem solved.

+1

Even with the ammo price hikes, a round of .22LR is about five cents and thus two thousand times cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You can eject now or pay $50,000 for a divorce.

I have a python that can solve your rat problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#21]

ry that first.

If you fail, you'll have preformed surgery on a rat,

And how cool would that be?

You tried your best, and you have a rat tumor souvenir!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#22]
its funny you mention rats tonight.

my opinion.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.   It doesn't have to be that way.  Because a guy spends $100 on his gf's rat doesn't mean she "owns" you.  A real man knows a bargain when he sees it.  Whats $100?   Damn, there are a lot of cheap fuckers on here.   If $100 got him a week of really nice bjs, would it be worth it then?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:21:29 AM EDT
[#24]
"G/F's pet rat has a tumor, am I an ass for not wanting to pay $100+ to get it removed?"

If I was closer to NV I'd remove the rat for a lot less than $100.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:56:04 AM EDT
[#25]
A single 22 round is much cheaper and effective.
So is a cat.
So is a python.
So is a size 13 shoe.
So is the toilet.

Well you get the idea. Just off the damn thing and buy her a new one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Buy her a piece of jewelry instead.

She'll forget all about the rat tumor.

Women, like most lesser creatures, are easily distracted by shiny objects.

QFT.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:45:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Buy her a new rat, even if they remove the tumor it won't live long.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:05:02 AM EDT
[#28]
What does it say about our society when we are at odds with one another over providing healthcare for vermin?  

Rome is falling.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Christ almighty, it's a rat.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:31:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Do you want to be Right or Happy?

Most decisions in life like this one come down to that "simple" choice.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:35:48 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
look at it this way..
is it worth 100$ to get the girlfriend mad at you ? hold out on pie, etc?

i spent 1600$ on knee surgerey for my 10 month old great dane.
a dog is FAR different than a rat as dogs have a personality and show affection.

+1 You are not paying for a rat, you are paying for pie...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:43:47 AM EDT
[#32]
You found a vet that'll remove a tumor for a hundred bucks. He'll never be able to pay off his loans at that price.
I think your lookin at a LOT more then that. $$$$$
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:43:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:49:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Why doesn't SHE pay the money to fix HER rat?
I wouldn't. Of course I'm a dick and all..........
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Bad investment. That thing is going to die anyway. The pain of surgery might just be too much.

Do a solem funeral and "cuddle" for a night. It's a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#36]
It's just a cat man, there's no way I'd pay $100 to have the tumor removed, complete waste of money.  Oh wait, you said RAT.  Yeah, I'd probably pay the $100 to keep the girlfriend happy.

I keed, I keed!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Christ almighty, it's a rat pet.

Not everyone here likes cats (in fact, some advocate killing them ), but that cat may be someone's pet, and they may wish to provide medical care for it if it were sick.

It's $100 bucks, people buy flashlights for more than that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:16:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:18:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#40]
It's a fucking plague vector!

Let it die, hell, help it along to "put it out of it's misery".

What the hell is wrong with people, snakes and rats and weird shit.....What is wrong with a dog or fish?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I can't believe it is even being considered

take it outside and whack it in the head with a screwdriver handle and chuck it in the woods

something will eat it
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#42]
I can't get past the fact that she has a rat as a pet.
I'm guessing she's "freaky in bed" or a good cook...because for me, a rat as a pet would be a dealbreaker.

Willard!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry: Not only would I not pay to save it, I'd pay double to the exterminator to kill it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Admittedly, I am an advocate for animals.  I prefer animals to most people.  

Is the rat important to her?  How important is her happiness to you?  Why is she asking you to pay for rat surgery?

I'm not a fan of rats, but to each his own.  If she loves it, that's her thing.

Not for me to question.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What does it say about our society when we are at odds with one another over providing healthcare for vermin?  

Rome is falling.

I guarantee there was a legionnaire who brought home a monkey when he returned from a campaign and he ended up dragging the damn thing all over Rome looking for a "monkey healer" because he woke up to find his kids crying and his wife pointing to a giant boil on the monkey's ass.

Pay the $ 100.

Fucking Roman Monkey Healers...

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:28:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Put it in a rocket and shoot it to the mooooon
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Is the rat important to her?  How important is her happiness to you?  Why is she asking you to pay for rat surgery?

Not for me to question.

Who ARE you and what have you done with my friend Daisy?
It's vermin.
NOT a pet!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:32:20 AM EDT
[#48]
A rat isn't worth $100.

Making your girlfriend happy, however, is worth way more than $100.

If you decide you don't want your girlfriend to be happy, my python is hungry.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#49]
$0.01
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for me to question.

Who ARE you and what have you done with my friend Daisy?
It's vermin.
NOT a pet!

To you it's Vermin.  To me it's vermin, yes.  But who are we to judge what she has decided is pet worthy?

Your kids have brought home frogs and snakes, and you let them keep them, right?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top