BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well, technically he was right. That really is enough ammo for 10 hunting seasons.

Lighten up, dude.

+1
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You should have laughed and said "Yeah, Deer hunting Season.  Zombie season is next week and this will only last me a few hours."  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I, personally, am getting awfully tired of all of this "Fudd" crap.

Some of my good friends definitely meet your definitions of fudds.

I started hunting when I was strong enough to pull back a slingshot.

My dad taught me to shoot a .22 when I was 5 or 6. I've shot for fun ever since. Until kids came along I'd shoot with my in-laws nearly every weekend.

I personally had no use for semi-auto pistols until I started shooting with my in-laws. Then I learned I liked them.

Then I had no use for semi-auto rifles. They're not legal for hunting here, I had a shotgun for "serious" defensive work, and I "knew" I only needed one shot to kill with a rifle.

My cousin had a couple of AR-15's, I'm sure I asked him at least a couple times what they were good for.

My nephew let me try his AR, AK and SKS. Suddenly I knew I had to have an AR-15.
I've been converting Fudds ever since.

There's nothing wrong with a Fudd that a couple of afternoons of shooting won't cure.

Really.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:16:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoulda said " depends on what you're huntin'....." and then posted pics.

That probably WAS enough for 10 seasons for him, though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
i think semi auto owners are pussy's cause they cant hit jack shit on the first try

get over it the guy was making small talk.... its that simple..... that said .
ive seen  just as many firearms fuck ups by wanna be's on a static line as by "fudd'" over the years////
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Funny how Fudds are the first to mouth off - but statistically the most irresponsible gun owners given the number of negligent firearms accidents every hunting season. I trust the average black rifle owner more then your typical drunk Bubba with a .30-30

Nice to perpetuate the stereotypes put forth by people such as the Brady Campaign.  Are you a member?  [>://

I see three threads out of 25 (including tacked threads) on the first page with the word "Fudd" in the title.  I see NO threads disparaging black rifle shooters posted by hunters--sorry, Fudds, to you.  I guess maybe the hunters ("Fudds" sorry) aren't really the ones mouthing off.  

You sound surprised that a website that caters to AR15's doesn't have threads started by hunters.Maybe on a website that has nothing but 100,000 hunters on it you would find a few threads putting down AR15 owners.

Just a wild ass guess,but I'm thinking that the vast majority of hunters on this site are gun enthusiasts who most likely also own a *gasp* AR15..
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I, personally, am getting awfully tired of all of this "Fudd" crap.

Some of my good friends definitely meet your definitions of fudds.

I started hunting when I was strong enough to pull back a slingshot.

My dad taught me to shoot a .22 when I was 5 or 6. I've shot for fun ever since. Until kids came along I'd shoot with my in-laws nearly every weekend.

I personally had no use for semi-auto pistols until I started shooting with my in-laws. Then I learned I liked them.

Then I had no use for semi-auto rifles. They're not legal for hunting here, I had a shotgun for "serious" defensive work, and I "knew" I only needed one shot to kill with a rifle.

My cousin had a couple of AR-15's, I'm sure I asked him at least a couple times what they were good for.

My nephew let me try his AR, AK and SKS. Suddenly I knew I had to have an AR-15.
I've been converting Fudds ever since.

There's nothing wrong with a Fudd that a couple of afternoons of shooting won't cure.

Really.

It depends on how you define fudd, I get tired of some of the usage of the word Fudd. It is often used where it isn't appropriate. I suspect many of us here hunt.

A fudd will say there is no point of a person owning a 30 round magazine. They don't care to go shooting with you, they frown on you, and may even call you a domestic terrorist. They shoot five rounds into a paper plate at 50 yards away with a scoped 30-06 only once a year.

They are not our friends. I've had fellow hunters try to ridicule me for carrying a pistol. And even have them say "No good man would own such a weapon." THAT is a fudd.

Now, just because a person hunts and owns hunting weapons, does not make them a Fudd. I think the word usage gets out of hand here when some one says, "get rid of that Fudd gun"

A gun is not Fudd, people are. Further more, I know people that only own hunting weapons, yet understand my right to own what ever I want, and make no argument about it. They are not Fudd. Just like a person can own 0 guns, and still not be anti-gun.

A Fudd is a gun-hating gun owner who thinks the second amendment applys to deer hunting.

In a nut shell, a Fudd is an anti-gunner, who just so happens to hunt.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Divide and Conquer

Damn!  You beat me to it!  People!  If it carries a firearm it is our friend!  From the most hardcore EBR owner, to the guy with a rusty 22 in the basement, he is one of us and we are one of them!

This mentality of Fudd vs EBR is precisely what they want!  Why the hell can't you people see that?!
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, technically he was right. That really is enough ammo for 10 hunting seasons.

Lighten up, dude.

+1

Get a grip people.

These Fudd threads are full of immature stories(most of which are probably outright lies.) that people say to get everyone riled up.

The ARFCOM herd mentality in these threads is sickening.

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Divide and Conquer

Damn!  You beat me to it!  People!  If it carries a firearm it is our friend!  From the most hardcore EBR owner, to the guy with a rusty 22 in the basement, he is one of us and we are one of them!

This mentality of Fudd vs EBR is precisely what they want!  Why the hell can't you people see that?!

Why the hell can't true FUDDS like Zumbo see that too?  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Divide and Conquer

I'm guessing you haven't read some of the anti-EBR articles by people like Jim Zumbo?

All firearm owners are not for the 2A - some of them are only interested in protecting what THEY think YOU should own. They're no better than the Brady camp IMO - actually they're worse.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Divide and Conquer

Why the hell can't true FUDDS like Zumbo see that too?  

Zumbo has--a little education cured him.  Please try to keep up.

Getting fired and losing money made him sing a different tune but it's hard to tell if that anti-American piece of shit actually changed his views.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The fudd I met today had a Remington 700. MMMMM! made my weenie stick out. I'd like one of those. He didn't say alot about my AR though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#15]
At least the fudd's use guns, but that is about it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I would have simply told the guy, Naw, these'll be gone in bout 10 minutes....Buy a few boxees and come along if you want.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
 He's an old man, but I would bet you wouldn't call him "anti-American" to his face without losing teeth.  (Not that I think you would have the stones to try.)

That sonofabitch called me and you and everyone I served with "Terrorists"

You're goddamned right I'd tell him that he's a divisive anti-American slanderous piece of shit and the moment he tried to touch me I'd put metal in him.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I have no interest in hunting and think it is unnecessary.  In fact, I feel it should be highly taxed and regulated.  I would like a person to only be allowed to take 1 of each type of game in the hunter's lifetime.  I also think there should be a very high tax for each game tag, in addition to any current fees.  I would like the tax to start at $1000 and go up, depending on the type of animal and the animal's age.  

I would vote for almost any restrictions placed on hunting since I don't want our furry and feathered friends to die for someone's enjoyment.  

To each his own.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have no interest in hunting and think it is unnecessary.  In fact, I feel it should be highly taxed and regulated.  I would like a person to only be allowed to take 1 of each type of game in the hunter's lifetime.  I also think there should be a very high tax for each game tag, in addition to any current fees.  I would like the tax to start at $1000 and go up, depending on the type of animal and the animal's age.  

I would vote for almost any restrictions placed on hunting since I don't want our furry and feathered friends to die for someone's enjoyment.  

To each his own.

Don't you have some emo gathering to attend or something

"our furry and feathered friends"

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It depends on how you define fudd.

A fudd will say there is no point of a person owning a 30 round magazine. They don't care to go shooting with you, they frown on you, and may even call you a domestic terrorist.

They are not our friends. I've had fellow hunters try to ridicule me for carrying a pistol. And even have them say "No good man would own such a weapon." THAT is a fudd.

A Fudd is a gun-hating gun owner who thinks the second amendment applys to deer hunting.

In a nut shell, a Fudd is an anti-gunner, who just so happens to hunt.

I agree, That's how I define Fudd.

I stand by my statement that I have good friends who are Fudds.

I was close to being a Fudd, once. I wasn't "antigun", I shot more than once a year, but I didn't understand 30-rounders for civilians.

I understand now. I've converted other Fudds (some who were the real thing). I haven't given up on the guys who don't understand yet.

If we want keep our rights, we need to make friends, not chase people away because they seem to be different.

BTW, I seem to find more idiots at the range who are "tactical" than Fudd. That's just me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

BTW, I seem to find more idiots at the range who are "tactical" than Fudd. That's just me.

I agree, it's usually those pimply faced "tacti-cool-airsofter-mall-ninjas" that are the source of the problem. I almost wish a few of them were anti-gun, they sure don't get a good message across when they appear intoxicated at the range.

We have a few of them here, some one posts a hunting weapon, and some idiot always pops off calling it a "Fudd gun"

That aggravates me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:25:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Aww, come on. There are some offensive, ignorant fudds out there, but it sounds like this guy was just trying to make some conversation. Why not try to give him a little friendly education instead of assuming the worst? You never know, we might get a new convert to our cause.

actually.. my reply was "... or a couple of trips to the shooting range"..  he said "wow.. you shoot that much, it must hurt your shoulder"..  to which I replied.. my wife loves to shoot the .308, said to get as much ammo as I like." (true)
 he asked what kind of gun.. I replied "fal".. he kinda went "hmmpf" and that was the last peep I heard from him.  

eta: I used the term fudd in that he spoke derisively about shooting more than one box of ammo a year.  this is pretty much the "i dont shoot, I hunt." mentality that came with a big dose of "the 2A is about deer hunting not them uber tactical a-salt weapons."  If you LIKE to shoot, and do it for fun, you are not a fudd..  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top