Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reported.
View Quote
How did a cowboy with a record collection get tangled up with all Brownells Shirts? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:33:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hats off to integrity. Cheers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]
You'd think at this point they could at least get their stories straight.  Some of them claim that the crackdown is because they're tired of us being such meanie-weenies to each other, and some say it's because there's too many "infiltrators" using our views to make the 2nd A look bad.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Way to confirm my label of "juvenile"  

The word "fat" didn't bother me.  You being a colossal shitposting jerk to a guy who was concerned about his wife possibly dying, and feeling the need to post a smart-ass childish "fat" comment about his wife is what bothered me.

You are the perfect illustration of precisely WHY there is a crackdown in GD.  Staff and mods have generally been too lenient over the past decade, and as the site has grown, lots of shitposting juvenile jerks have joined the site, and Staff/mods have been lax in allowing people like you to get away with this kind of shitposting bullshit.

That fact that you not only seem to think it was hilarious to post a " fat" joke/comment in response to a guy whose wife almost died from a heart attack, but that you would bring up your account warning as an example of how unreasonable mods can be, perfectly demonstrates how Staff/mods should have been taking out the trash more aggressively.

It is our own fault, and we are working to fix it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had been the first mod to see your comment in that thread, I would have perma-banned you immediately.

Despite your current excuses, your comment in that thread was COMPLETELY inappropriate, insensitive and juvenile. Exactly the kind of chan edgy shitposting bullshit we do NOT need on this site.  
Banned because the word fat triggers you.

LMFAO

Way to confirm my label of "juvenile"  

The word "fat" didn't bother me.  You being a colossal shitposting jerk to a guy who was concerned about his wife possibly dying, and feeling the need to post a smart-ass childish "fat" comment about his wife is what bothered me.

You are the perfect illustration of precisely WHY there is a crackdown in GD.  Staff and mods have generally been too lenient over the past decade, and as the site has grown, lots of shitposting juvenile jerks have joined the site, and Staff/mods have been lax in allowing people like you to get away with this kind of shitposting bullshit.

That fact that you not only seem to think it was hilarious to post a " fat" joke/comment in response to a guy whose wife almost died from a heart attack, but that you would bring up your account warning as an example of how unreasonable mods can be, perfectly demonstrates how Staff/mods should have been taking out the trash more aggressively.

It is our own fault, and we are working to fix it.
I would actually go the other way. Less moderation and strict adherence to the actual written CoC. I'm a 41 year old guy, but recognize that the newer generations cut their teeth on edgy shit like 4chan and reddit. If you ban them all here, you're just going to wind up with a forum full of old guys yelling at clouds. This site will die as a result of over moderation and an unwillingness to accept a new generation.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Maybe we can discuss krpind's departure at the big pro-2nd Amendment Rally in D.C..

View Quote
I expect we will.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One of the gun sites I used to frequent ended up being purchased by a police officer. He then assigned mod status to other cops and/or bootlickers. You couldn't so much as criticize a speeding ticket without it being construed as an anti-cop statement.
View Quote
I got threatened with a ban on another site by a mod who was a cop on my department because I posted something factual about the PD. He messaged me after I asked why I was being warned for posting something that's true and said "I know it's true but if you post something like that again you're done".
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Making so many cops mods and tolerating their bias is making GD go from pro-LEO to anti-“civilian”

This is a gun forum, not a cop forum. If staff doesn’t get a grip on this, non-cops will feel unwelcome and will leave.
View Quote
Quoted , cause everyone needs to read this a couple hundred times to let it sink in .
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The pay is pretty good?
View Quote
No shit. Think there's room for an unemployed fat guy?

I'd be willing to pony up the money for a bronze membership, got a huge bag of cans in my boat I can cash in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 8:59:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got threatened with a ban on another site by a mod who was a cop on my department because I posted something factual about the PD. He messaged me after I asked why I was being warned for posting something that's true and said "I know it's true but if you post something like that again you're done".
View Quote
Wow.  Fascism or some such.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:13:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

underscores caused this. They were the grain of dust this shitstorm formed around.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I can't keep up. Are we going to change the site name to Days or our lives and sell soap?

Another one bites the dust.

Seal Team S2 E22 Remembering Our Hero !
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#15]
So for those of us who don't spend their every waking second on here, who's the list of "approved" moderators and those who are fucking the place up?

I mainly lurk in the tech stuff and stay out of gd because of the stupidity of the old fuckers around here and their yelling at clouds conditions.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So for those of us who don't spend their every waking second on here, who's the list of "approved" moderators and those who are fucking the place up?

I mainly lurk in the tech stuff and stay out of gd because of the stupidity of the old fuckers around here and their yelling at clouds conditions.
View Quote
Nice try undercover mod man , nice try
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#17]
So what forum are we all moving to when Arfcom finishes swirling the drain?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He went from this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/284225/Screen_Shot_2019-10-18_at_8_21_29_PM-1129110.png

To this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/284225/Screen_Shot_2019-10-18_at_8_21_51_PM-1129111.png

As punishment for defending the right of innocent American citizens to speak out against being murdered in their own homes by overzealous law enforcement.
View Quote
Wow.   Yeah I’m sick of corporate arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well a good number will head right back to DU.

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Good dude, not full of crap.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Making so many cops mods and tolerating their bias is making GD go from pro-LEO to anti-"civilian"

This is a gun forum, not a cop forum. If staff doesn't get a grip on this, non-cops will feel unwelcome and will leave.
View Quote
Too many cops are mods?

How could that happen?

I wonder if their job enforcing rules in real life might make them better suited to ENFORCE FUCKING RULES ON A WEBFORUM?

I get it.  No free person likes being told what to do and the person doing the telling is always a dick.

There will always be rules, part of adulthood is learning how to accept that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One of the gun sites I used to frequent ended up being purchased by a police officer. He then assigned mod status to other cops and/or bootlickers. You couldn't so much as criticize a speeding ticket without it being construed as an anti-cop statement.
So "The Real Truth" is no Defense against "The Truth" (as seen by the Moderator(s) of that board)...

Scary Times!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Place reads like it some times. I've browsed that site on occasion when a google search returns it. It does support a certain stereotype.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:18:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thinner blue line yo
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I, for one, welcome the new replacement mods coming in.

Whomever they end up being.
View Quote
All hail the AI mods.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Do you need credentials to join that forum
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Krpind was a good man and a good mod.

Sad day for this site that he lost his mod status for standing up to the TBL and saying what needed to be said.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#31]
So what’s the bottom line for people just joining this thread?

A good mod got dressed down by management for being ethical?
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So what’s the bottom line for people just joining this thread?

View Quote
Bingo.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

All hail the AI mods.
View Quote
They should outsource it to an Indian call center.

"Have you found my moderating helpful today?"
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe you should make Brownell an offer if you're that concerned about this site.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#35]
I feel like this thread is heading to one big hand holding circle where we all sing kumbaya.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Too many cops are mods?

How could that happen?

I wonder if their job enforcing rules in real life might make them better suited to ENFORCE FUCKING RULES ON A WEBFORUM?

I get it.  No free person likes being told what to do and the person doing the telling is always a dick.

View Quote
GD needs a wider variety of backgrounds for moderation.

I’m not anti-cop by any means, but I’m pro freedom. I’ve had several law enforcement friends that I would go shooting with.

But let’s be honest...  Just because somebody is a cop, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are inherently a good person.

KRP was very pro-freedom and could certainly take criticism without abusing his power.

I like Miami_JBT as a person and he has done more pro-gun activism than most others on arfcom. However,  he seems to not disconnect his job from moderation.

My only account warning was from a cop about my post replying to a guy who was violating CoC (and somehow did not get edited), because I accused him of enjoying the taste of boot leather.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:40:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I feel like this thread is heading to one big hand holding circle where we all sing kumbaya.
View Quote
It’s currently happening in the Ft Worth thread. It’s epic
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So what's the bottom line for people just joining this thread?

View Quote
Thats exactly what happened

now the only question is
was it on orders from
Brownells
Amazon (server host)
or
the Thin Blue Line brigade
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Making so many cops mods and tolerating their bias is making GD go from pro-LEO to anti-"civilian"

This is a gun forum, not a cop forum. If staff doesn't get a grip on this, non-cops will feel unwelcome and will leave.
View Quote
This has been an issue for as long as I can remember.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are you fat?
View Quote
You’re a classy fella.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:54:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That's not an apology. How about an apology to the person you directed your comment to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you apologized? If not, why?
I’m deeply sorry for my habitual line stepping.

We good now?
That's not an apology. How about an apology to the person you directed your comment to.
jr. Mod to the rescue!
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Heh.

Will the van with my Free Sylvan Kumbaya.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's currently happening in the Ft Worth thread. It's epic
View Quote
Dang.  Off to check.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You’re a classy fella.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fat?
You’re a classy fella.
He got banned for being a dick.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:04:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
He got banned for being a FAT dick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you fat?
You’re a classy fella.
He got banned for being a FAT dick.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Making so many cops mods and tolerating their bias is making GD go from pro-LEO to anti-“civilian”

This is a gun forum, not a cop forum. If staff doesn’t get a grip on this, non-cops will feel unwelcome and will leave.
View Quote
What I find most surprising is staff’s near silence throughout this - they clearly support the behavior or they’d come out to speak to the contrary
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:07:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep.  Especially with this whole "us vs. them" mentality some cops seem to have these days
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
When I take the sunglasses off.......
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:12:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Too many cops are mods?

How could that happen?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too many cops are mods?

How could that happen?

I wonder if their job in real life might make them worse off to enforce rules on a web-forum.  Cops aren't even required to know the law when stopping and/or arresting someone.  I think lawyers would be much better suited to enforce the rules on a webforum, since their job is to understand rules and apply fact patterns to those rules.

Or actually, engineers would be way better.  Hell you tell them xyz is a ban, xyz is gonna be a ban.
Link Posted: 10/19/2019 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well, at least we still got Shotar.
View Quote
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top