Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congratulations... cash it and you have committed larceny.

+1...

FUcking thief.

SGtar15

You really should read the WHOLE thread before making personal attacks.  

Yes, I should.  But the guys intentions were clear.  He intended to cash the check weather is was due him or not.

So he is still a theif in his (and mine) mind.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:22:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm cashin' this BEOTCH

hell, wal-mart gave me carpel tunnel, hemorroids, a bad back.....
(order filler @ distribution center)

Yea..it's Wal-Mart's fault that they gave you a job.......
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guess again folks, cashing a check you know you are not entitled to... read the poster's words "free money" is larceny.  Go and try to cash a tax refund check you are not owed...  Now, you probably can cash it and so long as you are willing and able to pay it back if confronted down the road, you will likely be alright...  But if you refuse, or are unable to, they may well charge you with larceny.

Ok, IM me on here and I will send you my address. Send me a check for $1,000 and a note that says "you are not entitled to thsi check and you are not to cash it or sign it over to anyone"

I will cash it and you can charge me this larceny.

Lets see if it works. hr

Considering I see several prosecutions a year for people knowingly cashing checks they are not entitled to, and they either result in convictions or pleads, I know what I'm talking about.  Keep talking crap, its bound to get somebody in trouble who is dumb enough to listen to you.  You cash a check that you are not entitled to receive from the government or your employer and refuse to pay it back, they WILL charge you with larceny.  Those are the parameters we are talking about, NOT whether a private citizen gives you a check.

The corporation was created to act as its own individual entitiy, in many ways, a person.

I am not talking crap. Send me a check and tell me I cant cash it, lets see who is talking crap.

A corporation has just as much right to file a legal complaint as a private citizen or the government or any other form of business.

Considering I sit around for 50+ hours a week dealing with, and am engaged in studies related to business practices and corporate compliance, individual rights, and things of the sort, I see shit all the time.

So if I am preaching crap send me a check, make it for $10. Unless you think that I will take your money.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Knowingly cashing a check to which you are not entitled is larceny... thanks I deal with numerous enforcement actions for this every year.  Guess what, the bank accidently deposits $1,000 into your account and you drain it and bolt... and refuse to pay it back, you will be prosecuted for larceny.  Give it up pal, you're wrong.

no your wrong
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Guess again folks, cashing a check you know you are not entitled to... read the poster's words "free money" is larceny.  Go and try to cash a tax refund check you are not owed...  Now, you probably can cash it and so long as you are willing and able to pay it back if confronted down the road, you will likely be alright...  But if you refuse, or are unable to, they may well charge you with larceny.

+1 Exactly...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Economic crimes and fraud type crimes are rarely prosecuted unless the loss is over $50K.  It's laughable to think a former employee would be prosecuted for cashing a small check he was sent by his employer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
According to one of my previous store managers of a large sporting goods co. if the company sends you a check by mistake and you cash it before they can contact you, there is nothing they can do about it.

I dont ask my Lawyer for advice on a softball bat. Don't think I'd seek legal advice from a sporting goods manager, either.

Damn straight, for good legal advice, the only place to really find it is on ar15.com's General Discussion board!

-Nick Viejo.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Knowingly cashing a check to which you are not entitled is larceny....

Unless you are the fucking IRS then it's OK!!  Assholes!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]
If you knew you could get your money back and me in trouble then my check would be in the mail.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top