Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
So Define Modern America:

50% Democrats, that want Big Government for Free Money;

25% 'Republicans', that want Big Government for Religious Inspiration;

25% Conservatives that want everyone to stay the hell out of Our Lives.

Hypocrisy at its finest

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Part of ARFCOM hates God and they also hate any messenger from whence his words and common sense come forth.

Bless yall's little anti believing hearts.

I know what you mean but the way I see it is many who "claim" to be bringing His word forth...are NOT.  The Gospel means " Good News".   So what is so good hearing that our economy is gonna collapse?  Or we're all gonna burn in hell?  Or that God is gonna bring judgment on our nation?   That is not the Gospel that Paul taught in his letters to the church's.   If the Church would quit condemning everyone, especially sinners, it would get a much wider response.  Love will win more people over than fear of condemnation.

The good news is the path to salvation in the hereafter.  Whether a person falls in the ditch on there way down the straight and narrow or takes the high road to hell, everyone has to pay the piper in this life.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
They don't know how they sound to the average American.  They can't know.

But if they did.... would they care?   That is the question I've been pondering this past couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So that explains it. Tim Geithner and Paul Krugman are agents of God. Thanks for clearing that up, reverend.  

Think this through.  Tim, Paul and Obama are certainly not agents of God.  

According to many Christians... yes they are.  Agents of his will and appointed by him to their current positions.

Only too the extent, that they are apparently the type of leaders, that a majority of this country deserves.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So that explains it. Tim Geithner and Paul Krugman are agents of God. Thanks for clearing that up, reverend.  

According to many Christians... yes they are.  Agents of his will and appointed by him to their current positions.

Only too the extent, that they are apparently the type of leaders, that a majority of this country deserves.

Romans 13 and Daniel 21 were the scriptures quoted to me when they told me that God himself appointed Barack Obama as a judgement on us for turning our backs on him.   I am not making that up.  I swear to you that was what they said.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest

My guess is 80% of the highlighted group would be content just to have a government cease to subsidize and endorse behavior they view as immoral and destructive.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Part of ARFCOM hates God and they also hate any messenger from whence his words and common sense come forth.

I know what you mean but the way I see it is many who "claim" to be bringing His word forth...are NOT.  The Gospel means " Good News".   So what is so good hearing that our economy is gonna collapse?  Or we're all gonna burn in hell?  Or that God is gonna bring judgment on our nation?   That is not the Gospel that Paul taught in his letters to the church's.   If the Church would quit condemning everyone, especially sinners, it would get a much wider response.  Love will win more people over than fear of condemnation.

The good news is the path to salvation in the hereafter.

Well no.  It's the path to Righteousness which leads to salvation in the here and now!  Or did you miss that part?     Religion has almost ruined the Gospel of Christ.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
God will have nothing to do with this.  It will be all of B Fucking HO's fault.

Bilster

That's correct. Obama doesn't need help with this.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

OG is Jewish, he is not going to like any Christian pastor.

That is not true at all.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't picture God speaking through Franklin Graham.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest

My guess is 80% of the highlighted group would be content just to have a government cease to subsidize and endorse behavior they view as immoral and destructive.

this, but more than 80% since there are Christian democrats.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Franklin!

Old guy I am calling you out on this. You have an avatar that represents the living God and you curse a person that stands up for you and your people. What FG said could very well be true. Your people went into captivity more then one time in history. You should read your own scriptures.

How does his avatar represent God ? I dont see it.- serious question

FG is talking about God. True Christians believe God is the same God of the Jewish faith. Old guy knows this.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romans 13 and Daniel 21 were the scriptures quoted to me when they told me that God himself appointed Barack Obama as a judgement on us for turning our backs on him.   I am not making that up.  I swear to you that was what they said.

The blessing and curse of  elected representatives is that the people more quickly get the manner of leaders that they deserve.  It also begs the question––are we ruled by a popularly elected man, or by the words of law set forth in our constitution?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Lemme help...

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/rom/13.html

13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest

Define 'Immoral & Destructive'?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The God Christians believe in is the author of all existence, including things such as physical law, laws of economics, and laws of sociology. Turning from God’s ways causes problems for an individual or for a society because it causes them to run afoul of the laws that govern the universe.

God doesn’t have take an active hand to make this happen. His word is like a signpost that says there is a cliff ahead. Some people ignore it on the basis that the sign was only written by some old man that wanted to keep people from having a good time. When these people end up dead at the bottom of the cliff it wasn’t God, or Sir Isaac Newton that pushed them.

Well said. Great post.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Franklin!

Old guy I am calling you out on this. You have an avatar that represents the living God and you curse a person that stands up for you and your people. What FG said could very well be true. Your people went into captivity more then one time in history. You should read your own scriptures.

How does his avatar represent God ? I dont see it.- serious question

I seriously doubt he's Jewish.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

[

Well no.  It's the path to Righteousness which leads to salvation in the here and now!  Or did you miss that part?     Religion has almost ruined the Gospel of Christ.

If by salvation, you mean a changed heart and a relationship w/ God, I'll agree.  If the salvation you are seeking is peace,  prosperity, or heaven on earth––Christ never made that promise.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you perhaps refering to the Paul who wrote this?

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
God will have nothing to do with this.  It will be all of B Fucking HO's fault.

Bilster

The mechanism for our collapse was started decades ago.  Barry only exacerbated it and made a drunk sailor look like the Miser Stooge (sp).
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The God Christians believe in is the author of all existence, including things such as physical law, laws of economics, and laws of sociology. Turning from God’s ways causes problems for an individual or for a society because it causes them to run afoul of the laws that govern the universe.

God doesn’t have take an active hand to make this happen. His word is like a signpost that says there is a cliff ahead. Some people ignore it on the basis that the sign was only written by some old man that wanted to keep people from having a good time. When these people end up dead at the bottom of the cliff it wasn’t God, or Sir Isaac Newton that pushed them.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Yes Paul previously named Saul.  You do understand there is a difference between being an unbeliever vs believer?  The Cross is for everyone however we all get to make the choice in whether to believe or not.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes Paul previously named Saul.  You do understand there is a difference between being an unbeliever vs believer?  The Cross is for everyone however we all get to make the choice in whether to believe or not.

Actually, I've never made a choice to believe anything.  Either I am compelled to believe something due to the evidence, or I'm not.  There is no choice whatsoever involved.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not true at all.

sorry, for some reason I thought you were Jewish
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#25]
After this last election on the national level  here is what I believe to be true.

As a nation and society the United Stated (not so united) is like a delusional, narcissistic alcoholic.

Until as a nation it is face down in the gutter in the rain laying in its own puke facing its own mortality at a primal level  IF it does not die, then and only then will it decide to change.  Change for real.

The problem with this is that about that time some other society that is stronger and more realistic and rooted in economic pragmatism will probably conquer the US or at least replace it as the leader.

I do not know how to stop this.  It seems impossible at this time, given the complete disconnect and denial of the consequences of ignoring  every natural law  known to mankind.  

I do not have the words to describe how agonizing it is for me the grandson of the Depression/WWII generation to see all their blood, sweat and tears erased by pure unadulterated stupidity at an epic rate at every  level of my daily life.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well said. Too few people understand this.

Guys, what Graham said isn't a threat; we as a nation have turned our backs on God. We can't expect Him to continue to bless us as a nation when we've told Him to leave.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest

Define 'Immoral & Destructive'?

Don't subsidize or endorse it, and provided it picks no ones pocket nor harms another person,  we can let most of it be decided at a personal or state level.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, I've never made a choice to believe anything.  Either I am compelled to believe something due to the evidence, or I'm not.  There is no choice whatsoever involved.

And you know the great thing about God's love for you is He allows YOU to make that choice.  

Also 1 Corinthians 2:14 (NASB)  "But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised(discerned)."

And I will say evidence can take many different forms if you let it or get involved.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Weather God brings us down or stands on the sidelines and watches, I'm sure he is not going to come out and say. What will happen though, is that it's going to get worse before it gets better. The big question is just how much crap is the country as a whole is going to put up with before something meaningful is done about it?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And you know the great thing about God's love for you is He allows YOU to make that choice.  

Also 1 Corinthians 2:14 (NASB)  "But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised(discerned)."

God should not have provided people with reason if he didn't want them to use it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

God should not have provided people with reason if he didn't want them to use it.

Did you "reason" that out?     There are plenty of believers who used the same reasoning skills to come to a different conclusion.  Double edged sword?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:00:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not true at all.

sorry, for some reason I thought you were Jewish

Forget about it, lots of people make that mistake.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#33]
The Grahams are good people. They are trusted as good people and honest seekers of truth across wide spectrums of the religious landscape in America.

Is a collapse coming?

Unless you are retarded you can smell something different in the air...

Get your house in order. Get a supply of food, water, and resources. Be prepared. The prepared have nothing to fear.

I like the Grahams. I like Reverend Graham. He has has been consistently respectful and a straight-shooter with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and he maintained a positive two-way relationship with LDS leaders.

We can all take a lesson from the level-five leadership that Graham was an excellent example of...

We all share a common enemy. Whether you like it or not, we are all on the same side when it comes to moral issues, freedom of religion, and a government that does not threaten to tax religions that preach against homosexuality (hate speach to douchebags).

Is a collapse in the immediate future?

I have no idea. I know that unless you are retarded, you are getting your house in order, and maintaining a supply of the basic commodities... And I have long maintainted not to buy gold at inflated prices... If you are ever going to need gold as a commodity, you are also going to be able to use guns, ammo, rice, beans, and chickens. And those things are not necessarily as inflated as gold is right now, and maintain their value just like gold. Anyone who will take gold in a meltdon barter economy will also take guns, ammo, or canned beans....

As for a collapse being God's will... The truth... It seems that there is a cycle to things. We were really blessed as a country for a long time when we put God first. City Councils would pray. Judges would proudly display the basic 10 Commandments. We were really blessed. Things have changed. Society has changed. A small minority have forced God to be removed from any aspect of society. Democrats are calling for religions to "pay their share" because they "preach hate" and use the same infastructure as everyone else but don't contribute. If you look at history, there is a cycle. And we are not doing too well as a country, right now.  "We" just elected a man who believes "G- D- America!" He believes in abortion and promoting the gay lifestyle. All while recieving great "press" that he is an avowed true-"Christian." I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. But "we" have just shown how important God is in this country.

I honestly pray for Obama. I hope his heart can be changed. I hope he can change is heart and lead the country in the way God would have it led. The way the Founding Fathers established it.

I hope for the best. Hope. What a funny word to use. I hope for the best, but am working to be prepared for whatever might come...

The prepared do not fear. The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare. Speed is life.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you "reason" that out?     There are plenty of believers who used the same reasoning skills to come to a different conclusion.  Double edged sword?

Can you show me the evidence they used to come to their reasonable conclusion?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:09:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I honestly pray for Obama. I hope his heart can be changed..

I pray about Obama's heart, too.  My prayer sounds alot different, tho.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And God will judge all - believer or not.  Certainly in the Old Testament, God influenced the course of nations.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:God should not have provided people with reason if he didn't want them to use it.

There are more things, Horatio, in heaven and earth,
Than are dream't of in your philosophy.

Using logic to find God is like trying to hear the color purple.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you realize just how ridiculous that is? Ultimately?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:26:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I will say evidence can take many different forms if you let it or get involved.

Not sure what you mean.

What choice? I didn't make any choices when it comes to the believe/non-belief in god.

What do you mean that evidence takes many forms?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you realize how ridiculous it is to see the world only through the dry logic - the poor, dry logic - that is all the human mind can encompass?

What does LOGIC have to say about beauty?  Love?  Compassion?  To you is "truth" merely "factually correct"?

If you live in the small, sterile, gray world that is only logic, you are more crippled than Helen Keller ever was, and I truly grieve for you.

Mr. Spock wasn't exactly a happy guy.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I need more lulz tonight. This thread will LIVE
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you realize how ridiculous it is to see the world only through the dry logic - the poor, dry logic - that is all the human mind can encompass?

What does LOGIC have to say about beauty?  Love?  Compassion?  To you is "truth" merely "factually correct"?

If you live in the small, sterile, gray world that is only logic, you are more crippled than Helen Keller ever was, and I truly grieve for you.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121029202459/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/c/c1/Spock_Leonard_Nimoy.jpg

I don't see the world purely through logic, that's a pathology, not a paradigm.

I see the world through rationality, reason AND logic. None of which points to "God did it(tm)."

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121029202459/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/c/c1/Spock_Leonard_Nimoy.jpg

If God exists and he wants people to believe in Him, the surest way to make sure the MAXIMUM number of people DON'T believe in Him is to rely on their subjective feelings.

Those feelings are why there currently exist thousands of potential gods in the broad spectrum of religion.  But you aren't supposed to reason out which one (if any) is the real one.  You're supposed to feel it?

If the answer is only deduced through feelings, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.... but 99% of the world's population apparently "felt incorrectly."

You speak of feelings as if the failure to rely on them makes one a sensory cripple when the reality is that reliance on feelings has blinded nearly everyone on earth to the truth (assuming God exists).
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest

Explain that one to me and maybe a few examples. Not that I do not believe you it's just I am from Missouri
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Spot on Franklin, as usual.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest

Explain that one to me and maybe a few examples. Not that I do not believe you it's just I am from Missouri
Demanding a Federal Government to Regulate an Individual's Life, above the Law of the Land = Big Government!
A Loving Gay Couple = Unforgivable Evil Sin, but a Divorced Straight Couple = Forgivable Sin = That's called Hypocrisy

Abortion, right or wrong, Supreme Court decided it to be Legal = A State's Electorate needs to Ban the Practice, to then Challenge that decision...NOT A PRESIDENT.
Those two examples;

NOT the Current State of OUR ECONOMY;

Not Our High Unemployment;

Not the Treasonous Incompetence, i.e. spending $1000 when we only have a $1;

Not an Idiotic Foreign Policy that has Redefined New 'Allies', yet to be defined;

Not the DOJ scandals...etc., roughly, a SUPER-MAJORITY decided GAY Marriage & Abortion was more important than the Saving Our Great Nation from an Ideological Takeover by 'Social Democrats', i.e. Communism/Oligarchy!
These are prime examples why the Founders declared the Separation of Church & State on a National Level & gave US the 10th Amendment...A 'Free-People' are allowed to live under different Values & Morals, as long as they don't break the law.
...So Principled 'Republicans' decided NOT to Participate in this Election to Save the Republic because they arrogantly think they have the Power to 'Judge', but would never call themselves God...
WE all are POS 'Sinners' & this was the Land of the Free for that reason, so directly or indirectly, WE the People elected to hand over OUR Liberties.
Just my opinion...I'm still trying to figure out the Population percentages of Homosexuals & Women who have Abortions?

Probably less than 10%, but whatever Black Friday is almost here

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Prove him wrong
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Prove him wrong

This is why y'all can't be taken seriously intellectually.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top