Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, maybe Bin Ladin needed cash?

According to Cavuto the Stock Market went UP 40 points in the last half hour of trading left after the announcement of the tape came out!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it true that it said "I'm John Kerry, and I approve this message" at the end?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
bin laden: "attacks would have been less severe if Bush had been alert."
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You know, this just occured to me.  I am no electronics expert, but you know how certain things can disrupt a television signal, such as automobile motors, causing lines to appear in the picture.  Certain radio frequency signals, if strong enough, can induce disruption in video and audioequipment as well.

What if there was a way to have a set of signal generators, each one having a different frequency, and disperse them by air at key points throughout the area of Pakistan where we believe OBL may be hiding.  This equipment would induce a certain level of disruption in TV and Audio Recording equipment throughout the region, the amount of disruption depending upon the distance from the transmitters.  Now, would it be possible to mathematically determine the position on a map where the recording equipment is used, based on the fact that

(1) each transmitter tranmits the disrupting signal at different frequencies, and
(2) the level of disruption depends upon the distance recording equipment is from each transmitter?

The frequency of the disruption would tell us which transmitter the recorder was affected by.  If you imaging the  recorder was located inside a triangle, and a transmitter was located at each triangle vertex, you could look at the effect of the three disruption signals (being able to associate the disruption with the correct transmitter because each has a unique frequency) and determine EXACTLY where within that triangle the recording equipment was situated.  

This could pipoint where a video tape or audio tape is made within any region where the transmitters are placed, and the signal could be low enough to be undetectable the citizens watching television, etc.

Electronics Experts - is this idea feasible?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
new Drudge headline

Osama bin Laden, in Al-Jazeera video broadcast, campaigns against Bush...

Dow reacts to Bin Laden... Knows Bush Wins
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#6]

This is a HUGE story on the eve of the election.

And will play in the Presidents favor.

Watch the main stream media refuse to give it much air time or talk time.

If this were something that would hurt Bush they would be short stroking it every hour on the hour.  

But I bet they will give it just bare coverage so it won't bring out more votes for Bush.

Sickening.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"  

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Part of the diatribe was saying "Bush listened to the stories of a little girl & her goats rather than 50,000 people in the towers"

what a POS

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Am I the only person who is enraged by just the sight of that evil son of a bitch?

Bin Laden or Kerry???    They're two sides of the same coin...

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Bin Laden

He also accused President Bush of "misleading" the American people three years since the 2001 suicide airline hijackings that hit the World Trade Center towers and the Pentagon.

He is using Kerry's talking points

Link
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I can´t wait to see the polls after this new "Kerry commercial".
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#11]
One of the Fox Analysts just said it.

Bin Ladin May want Bush to win because a agressive war on terror drives Muslims to him.

ON the other hand if Kerry wins, he still wins, he toppled another US president like the Ayatolllah did 25 years ago.

A win win for him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I can´t wait to see the polls after this new "Kerry commercial".

Damn it you made me spit coffee all over my keyboard and monitor.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#13]
OBL may think he can influence the elections by proving he's alive and Bush couldn't get him.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#14]
When the hell did Joe Piscapo become a political analyst?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
OBL may think he can influence the elections by proving he's alive and Bush couldn't get him.  

Obviously, but which way?

Or is he just opportunistic enough to know he can claim it BOTH WAYS.  Regardless who wins?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously, but which way?

Or is he just opportunistic enough to know he can claim it BOTH WAYS.  Regardless who wins?

from what's being said on the tape it's pretty obvious he wants kerry in.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fox coverage of this is almost as bad as no coverage (notice nobody else carried the whole thing live? Even ABC went back to Oprah halfway through)

Who gives a rat's ass what Cavuto & Piscopo (why the hell was he even on?) say the economic effects may be? Tell us what the hell OBL said.

How pathetic has news become? This is potentially the biggest story of the year and now they are back to babbling about what the market will do.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#19]
How does taunting Bush for 9/11 be a sign he wants Kerry to win?

If he is watching he should know that terror threats improve Bush's numbers
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Odd timing on this for sure.  I can't see any way that this helps Kerry and It will more than likely help bush.

No excuse me, let me put on my little silver hat..
What you dont see in this video is the American's who are filming this video.  They write the script give it to Bin Laden and tell him to read it.  On Sunday they "capture" him due to intelligence gathered while the tape was delivered to Al Jazeera.  

Bush wins 45 states and everyone on ARFCOM has to buy sgtar15 a beer.  

Ok hat off

Wishful thinking I know.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fox coverage of this is almost as bad as no coverage (notice nobody else carried the whole thing live? Even ABC went back to Oprah halfway through)

Who gives a rat's ass what Cavuto & Piscopo (why the hell was he even on?) say the economic effects may be? Tell us what the hell OBL said.

How pathetic has news become? This is potentially the biggest story of the year and now they are back to babbling about what the market will do.

nobody was ready for it, and it's the first time the tape is being publicly played, so they don't really know what's on it yet
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How does taunting Bush for 9/11 be a sign he wants Kerry to win?

If he is watching he should know that terror threats improve Bush's numbers

you honestly think bin laden is that in touch with reality?  we're talking about a madman who attacked America and thought we wouldn't do anything about it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#23]
[DU]This just proves that Osama Bin Laden is mad at Bush and he will leave us alone if Kerry wins.[/DU]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Communist News (CNN) carried good coverage

OBL clearly made this recently and based on his dry cleaned clothing and the fact that he isn't as gaunt as just after Tora Bora says to me he is alive and living well

It pisses me to no end that we haven't gotten this goat herder yet and if W does win we needs to throw the might of our abilities at doing just that

Bury this asshole and the dogs he runs with!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Hmmmm, I've been convinced he's been dead since Tora Bora, yet now he comes out of hiding to endorse Kerry.

WHY???

Why in the world would you think that??????

He's made SEVERAL videotaped statements - even statements regarding the invasion of Iraq even as late as LAST FALL.

Not to pick on you _Ugly_ but honestly - the people who insisted so strongly that OBL was dead in Tora Bora have really not been paying attention and have been projecting their own deep wishes so far for so long they've totally blocked their view of reality.

Just like those who think GWBush will win re-election by over 300EVs. They're just blind to the fact that Kerry is probably going to coast into the Presidency on Nov. 2nd. Not wanting it to be true is really clouding some folks ability to see what's obviously happening around them.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
cbsnewyork.com/topstories/topstories_story_303162722.html

"Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic candidate John) Kerry or (President ) Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands," he said.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#27]
CNN wasn't carrying it at the start - were they waiting to make sure he hit all the talking points before they aired it?

Tried watching their post-op review and couldn't stomach Begala trying to do analysis...

anyone find a transcript (translated, thank you) yet?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

OBL clearly made this recently and based on his dry cleaned clothing and the fact that he isn't as gaunt as just after Tora Bora says to me he is alive and living well

It pisses me to no end that we haven't gotten this goat herder yet and if W does win we needs to throw the might of our abilities at doing just that

Well one of the biggest problems tracking him was he NEVER surfaced to do anything.  Now he has, we still need him to talk more.  Or try a operation.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hmmmm, I've been convinced he's been dead since Tora Bora, yet now he comes out of hiding to endorse Kerry.

WHY???

He's made SEVERAL videotaped statements - even statements regarding the invasion of Iraq even as late as LAST FALL.

Not to pick on you _Ugly_ but honestly - the people who insisted so strongly that OBL was dead in Tora Bora have really not been paying attention and have been projecting their own deep wishes so far for so long they've totally blocked their view of reality.

Just like those who think GWBush will win re-election by over 300EVs. They're just blind to the fact that Kerry is probably going to coast into the Presidency on Nov. 2nd. Not wanting it to be true is really clouding some folks ability to see what's obviously happening around them.

Uh, no he didn't.  We haven't seen him on film, speeking since November 2001.

We have had audio tapes and canned old footage with voice over but nothing that showed him talking like this.

And this was just covered on Fox...
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#30]
If any of you read "the hunt for Bin laden" by Robin Moore, you'll remember that the hardcore AQ fvcks were just praying to get into engagements with the US Specops troops in Afghanistan.  The Taliban crapped their pants and took off, but the hardcore AQ would rush to the fight just to get the chance to kill Americans.  They were sadly disappointed as most ended up on the business end of an AC130 Spectre...

I'm thinking Bin Laden wants Bush to stay in so he can keep us "in the fight" so to speak.  It's personal for these bastards and they want their enemy taking the fight to them like we are now.

And, if Bush stays in, we can oblige them and send them all to meet Allah...every last one.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:56:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Do those guys REALIZE that if any of the Al Qaeda leadership make ANY STATEMENT that has the words "Bush" and "election" or "voting" in it, they will GUARANTEE Bush's re-election.

Not to mention they'll loose thier tax exempt status.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:57:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Is Al-Qaeda a 527?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I can't see any way that this helps Kerry and It will more than likely help bush.

What the hell you all smoking??????

This only reinforces KERRY'S campaign theme that GWBush let OBL get away at Tora Bora and that GWBush FAILED in capturing him!!!

OBL just played "Nya-nya nya nya-nya nya!" and basically mooned GWBush three days before the election and showed GWBush is UNABLE to stop OBL - all to the benefit of the Kerry campaign.

He even used the EXACT SAME WORDS that Kerry was using - that GWBush was "misleading" America.

I see absolutely NOTHING that indicates this latest tape won't shave 2-4% off GWBush's numbers.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can't see any way that this helps Kerry and It will more than likely help bush.

This only reinforces KERRY'S campaign theme that GWBush let OBL get away at Tora Bora and that GWBush FAILED in capturing him!!!

OBL just played "Nya-nya nya nya-nya nya!" and basically mooned GWBush three days before the election and showed GWBush is UNABLE to stop OBL - all to the benefit of the Kerry campaign.

He even used the EXACT SAME WORDS that Kerry was using - that GWBush was "misleading" America.

I see absolutely NOTHING that indicates this latest tape won't shave 2-4% off GWBush's numbers.

Just like the debates were supposed to shave 2-4 points off of Bush's numbers

He got what? A 5% gain after debate three?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I would think that would hurt sKerry with the undecided's. You know, the worst enemy of America using your rhetoric.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

exactly!  not only are kerry and bin laden using the same talking points, kerry CANNOT say that again now.
Mac, you are starting to dissapoint me

Guaranteed now President Bush will get AT LEAST 300 EVs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY???

We have had audio tapes and canned old footage with voice over but nothing that showed him talking like this.

He had spoken about our invasion of Iraq late last year. I erred in saying it was a "videotape" but instead it was an audiotape.

That audiotape was evidence that OBL was ALIVE as of late last year and there was absolutely NO EVIDENCE to indicate he wasn't.

So those who thought he was killed at Tora Bora were basing their belief on NOTHING other than thier own wishful thinking and were in fact ignoring evidence that countered their preconceived beliefs.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's exactly what Begala said (to much audience applause) on CNN

Wish they would just run the damn tape (with translation) and let us make up our minds... CNN sucks ass.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY???

He had spoken about our invasion of Iraq late last year. I erred in saying it was a "videotape" but instead it was an audiotape.

That audiotape was evidence that OBL was ALIVE as of late last year and there was absolutely NO EVIDENCE to indicate he wasn't.

So those who thought he was killed at Tora Bora were basing their belief on NOTHING other than thier own wishful thinking and were in fact ignoring evidence that countered their preconceived beliefs.

Uh no it wasn't.  The audio tapes could easily have been one of his sons.  They sound enough alike and audio quality was so bad the CIA could only say that they could not say it WAS NOT him.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#41]
He wants Skerry to win., and withdraw our troops so he can build his army again and start all over with his form of terror.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

exactly!  not only are kerry and bin laden using the same talking points, kerry CANNOT say that again now.

You're thinking like a clear-headed partisan Bush-supporter... NOT like a "moderate" or an "undecided" voter.

And it's the "moderate undecided" voters who will be the ones who swing this election - and probably not to GWBush.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see GWBush getting 300EVs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#44]
They (Fox) were just at the Bush Camapign and they have no comment "Preferring to let Bin Laden do the talking for now"
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHY???

Uh no it wasn't.  The audio tapes could easily have been one of his sons.  They sound enough alike and audio quality was so bad the CIA could only say that they could not say it WAS NOT him.

Lack of evidence of X is not evidence that X does not exist.

The audiotape may have been inconclusive but DID exist.

Like I said: That audiotape was evidence that OBL was alive as of late last year and there was absolutely NO EVIDENCE to indicate he wasn't.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Good arguments for both sides.

Guess we'll not know either way until this sinks in with the undecided crowd... you know... the group that still hasn't been paying enough attention to decide who to vote for.

It's a shame THOSE are the people who are going to be deciding the fate of our nation.

-----

Mac - As far as believing Osama dead:  I've not seen him in a tape since Tora Bora (actually speaking to current events) and didn't believe him to be someone who would let his underlings make videos in his place.  It was wishful thinking, but there was a thought process involved.  I even had a thread so people could debate the topic.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're thinking like a clear-headed partisan Bush-supporter... NOT like a "moderate" or an "undecided" voter.

And it's the "moderate undecided" voters who will be the ones who swing this election - and probably not to GWBush.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see GWBush getting 300EVs.

Uh, no, once again you are wrong.
Mac you have a very bad political judgement.

You were wrong about the AWB being replaced.
Wrong about the effect of the debates.
Wrong about the story's about the fake National Guard Memo
Wrong about the effect of the missing explosives
You have no record to go by.

There are no moderate or undecided voters who are actuallly going to vote in this election.
This election will be decided by how badly the Internet pundits, who now are overwhelming behind Bush, largely by default by the Democrats bungling, shred Kerry about his lying.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depending on the polls, President Bush leads from around 25%-40% on who is better to fight the war on terror.  bin laden emerging now just re-affirms what the President has been saying and puts 9/11, terrorism back to the front of voters minds.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well one of the biggest problems tracking him was he NEVER surfaced to do anything.  Now he has, we still need him to talk more.  Or try a operation.

That book Shadow war says that witnesses place OBL in Iran this year IIRC. Can you say two front invasion? Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top