Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At least he got over 50% in his home state
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Has he broke 50% outside of his home state?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Cruz will likely be done on the 26th though he will keep going.  The nevertrump movement failed, mainly because they could never coalesce behind a single strategy and tried to have it both ways.  There were times when I thought, recently even, that Trump would not be allowed to get the nomination, but it looks like the Party is slowly coming to terms with it.  I don't know what is going to happen, but I kinda think after the 26th that the Party will start to reevaluate the nevertrump strategy.  Who knows, but it has made for an exciting election at least.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So speaking of polls...

http://i.imgur.com/Gf1Jb1e.jpg  
View Quote

Plenty of time to turn it around. It's not like he's down 30 points.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cruz will likely be done on the 26th though he will keep going.  The nevertrump movement failed, mainly because they could never coalesce behind a single strategy and tried to have it both ways.  There were times when I thought, recently even, that Trump would not be allowed to get the nomination, but it looks like the Party is slowly coming to terms with it.  I don't know what is going to happen, but I kinda think after the 26th that the Party will start to reevaluate the nevertrump strategy.  Who knows, but it has made for an exciting election at least.
View Quote

It isn't over till 1237.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What is going to change about this once we get to the general?

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb448/sydney7629/unfavorable_zpsqwyf4lcc.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, we're paying attention to polls now?

Well since we are in the nominating process primary polls which are coming up soon are relevant.
Since we are not in the general election polls about the general election have little to no value.

What is going to change about this once we get to the general?

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb448/sydney7629/unfavorable_zpsqwyf4lcc.png

Clinton's aren't much better.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cruz will likely be done on the 26th though he will keep going. The nevertrump movement failed, mainly because they could never coalesce behind a single strategy and tried to have it both ways.  There were times when I thought, recently even, that Trump would not be allowed to get the nomination, but it looks like the Party is slowly coming to terms with it.  I don't know what is going to happen, but I kinda think after the 26th that the Party will start to reevaluate the nevertrump strategy.  Who knows, but it has made for an exciting election at least.
View Quote

I think what has happened is there are disparate factions even within the nevertrump movement. Either the RNC has always been this way or they just never got their act together this time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Northern Mariana Islands.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We'll see again the odds of Trump getting to 1237 is slim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well since we are in the nominating process primary polls which are coming up soon are relevant.
Since we are not in the general election polls about the general election have little to no value.

Except when they're not, amiright? We'll see how it plays out but Trumps messaging for the NE will hurt him in Indiana. The odds are this thing is going to Cleavland and if it does, Trump will not be the nominee. By the way, I haven't heard you Trump peeps talking about CA polling, why is that?

Looks pretty good to me: Link

We'll see again the odds of Trump getting to 1237 is slim.

If he wins Indiana, while he'll still need a good showing in CA, he won't need to come close to sweeping it in order to win.  If he does not do so well in Indiana, he'll need to nearly sweep CA if he wants to win on the first ballot.  A lot of the remaining eastern States have small delegate counts and Trump's expected to do badly in the rest of the west.  Both CA and IN will likely prove crucial, either way.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Horse shit

Poll respondents are asked a simple question:

In a presidential election, who would you prefer to be President of the United States?  Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump?

Every time this question has been asked since Trump entered the race, she has smoked him.  Sad thing is, you guys are going to be all shocked and shaken when she does it in November.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Convenient, isn't it?

Nope, just realistic.

General election races don't matter because there are multiple choices still. Once the actual nominees are chosen, attention can be paid to them. Trump supporters fully accept the primary polls when Cruz is winning them against Trump, because they do count, as do any that favor Kasich, or Trump.

If the polls for the general election had Trump ahead of Hillary, I wouldn't give them any credit at all at this point, and, realistically, they won't really matter until a few months before the election, as there are so many things that can happen. Until the debates start, there is no reason to pay much attention.

Horse shit

Poll respondents are asked a simple question:

In a presidential election, who would you prefer to be President of the United States?  Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump?

Every time this question has been asked since Trump entered the race, she has smoked him.  Sad thing is, you guys are going to be all shocked and shaken when she does it in November.

It will be nonstop orange tears.

And will be blamed on everybody but Orange jesus and his disciples.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

April 26th was never going to go good for Cruz unless he had already become the presumptive nominee like in the past.

May 3 to June 7 will be the decisive time period, the way things are looking.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It isn't over till 1237.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't over till 1237.

Yes I know but Cruz is about to take a pounding next week.  I just don't see how he is going to come out of that with any momentum or legitimacy going forward into the nomination/primary battle.  Who knows though, just when I think I have it figured out this year, something changes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think what has happened is there are disparate factions even within the nevertrump movement. Either the RNC has always been this way or they just never got their act together this time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cruz will likely be done on the 26th though he will keep going. The nevertrump movement failed, mainly because they could never coalesce behind a single strategy and tried to have it both ways.  There were times when I thought, recently even, that Trump would not be allowed to get the nomination, but it looks like the Party is slowly coming to terms with it.  I don't know what is going to happen, but I kinda think after the 26th that the Party will start to reevaluate the nevertrump strategy.  Who knows, but it has made for an exciting election at least.

There are, and they existed before Trump was ever in the running.  A lot of elements of the GOP don't like Trump, but many also don't like each other, and the GOP's little civil war started a while back, when Trump was still extolling Clinton's virtues.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
with all this only kasich can beat Trump, how is a rep runner in 4th place going to get that done. Besides take half out of the middle or illegal voters.
His generosity to people illegally here is his biggest no go for me.And just a false win for the Gop and probably the last.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yes I know but Cruz is about to take a pounding next week.  I just don't see how he is going to come out of that with any momentum or legitimacy going forward into the nomination/primary battle.  Who knows though, just when I think I have it figured out this year, something changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't over till 1237.

The lead up to IN will tell us if Trump's new advisers have instilled sufficient discipline in his campaign and ability to avoid stomping on his own dick like WI.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
with all this only kasich can beat Trump, how is a rep runner in 4th place going to get that done. Besides take half out of the middle or illegal voters.
His generosity to people illegally here is his biggest no go for me.And just a false win for the Gop and probably the last.
View Quote

In theory Kasich could be the nominee if we end up on ballot 7 or 8 with no winner and enough delegates just want to go home. He may as well buy a few powerball tickets to go along with that strategy IMO.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

In theory Kasich could be the nominee if we end up on ballot 7 or 8 with no winner and enough delegates just want to go home. He may as well buy a few powerball tickets to go along with that strategy IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they able to change the rules after the nominating part of the convention begins?  Kasich can't be the nominee unless Rule 40 is done away with.  But if it is down to Trump or Cruz, I seriously doubt that it will go more than 4 ballots and could well be over on the 2nd.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:09:55 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So speaking of polls...

http://i.imgur.com/Gf1Jb1e.jpg  

Oh gee, my golly, I wonder who that poll says can beat Hillary?
According to that poll, only Kasich beats Clinton. Both Cruz and Trump get smoked.  

http://i.imgsafe.org/59612f2.png

The internet is a funny and scary place.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:11:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are they able to change the rules after the nominating part of the convention begins?  Kasich can't be the nominee unless Rule 40 is done away with.  But if it is down to Trump or Cruz, I seriously doubt that it will go more than 4 ballots and could well be over on the 2nd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possibly: Link
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#20]
"When the whole world is against X, bet on X."

-Nixon
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, WTF does he want?

The run the guy who can't even beat Trumps numbers?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:20:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yea, WTF does he want?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, WTF does he want?

I don't know. We are all trying to facilitate the option each of us think will be most effective. The bulk of GD has landed in either the Trump or Cruz camps with a few scattered elsewhere. The dynamics of this whole thing have exceeded my wildest expectations.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does this mean you guys will stop bitching about Cruz still being in the race?

Nope.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A year ago, I was really excited about this election cycle.  The long Obama nightmare was coming to an end; we had three good candidates, even my number three choice would have been better for the country than anyone since Reagan.  Then enter the orange turd

Now I just want it over.  Let's get Trump nominated, Clinton elected, and America, as we knew it, behind us.
View Quote

I would vote for you if you were running.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I have never seen so many sniveling, whining, faggoty fucks in all my life as on arfcom these days whining about poor Ted and evil Trump.

Donald Trump can and will beat Hitlery if not fucked over by the GOPe.  Trump will make Hitlery look like the shrill evil bitch that she is because Hitlery will not be able to control herself when The Donald goes nuclear on her.  She will lose the election for herself since it won't be just the brain dead libtarded FSA types listening to her like during the primaries, but the whole nation getting to hear and see her in action.  With her dressed and acting just like a barely female version of 007 nemesis Ernst Stavros Blofeld, she will disgust and turn off many more people than just republicans and Trump supporters.

I have complete faith in Donald Trump and know that if he is elected, America will be great again, just like his slogan.  I do not have that faith in any of the other republican candidates, including Cruz, as all are professional politicians and nearly all are establishment.  

Trump has a motive for being the greatest President ever: a personal legacy of greatness which fits his personality type.  The rest just want power and control, with Hitlery at the top of that pile.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:48:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have never seen so many sniveling, whining, faggoty fucks in all my life as on arfcom these days whining about poor Ted and evil Trump.

Donald Trump can and will beat Hitlery if not fucked over by the GOPe.  Trump will make Hitlery look like the shrill evil bitch that she is because Hitlery will not be able to control herself when The Donald goes nuclear on her.  She will lose the election for herself since it won't be just the brain dead libtarded FSA types listening to her like during the primaries, but the whole nation getting to hear and see her in action.  With her dressed and acting just like a barely female version of 007 nemesis Ernst Stavros Blofeld, she will disgust and turn off many more people than just republicans and Trump supporters.

I have complete faith in Donald Trump and know that if he is elected, America will be great again, just like his slogan.  I do not have that faith in any of the other republican candidates, including Cruz, as all are professional politicians and nearly all are establishment.  

Trump has a motive for being the greatest President ever: a personal legacy of greatness which fits his personality type.  The rest just want power and control, with Hitlery at the top of that pile.
View Quote

She will hang herself given the correct length and type of rope. I wonder what type of drugs they will have to pump her full of during the debates to prevent another one of those highly suspicious coughing fits (Huma's pube or something else?)
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:01:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hear, hear.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:41:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

I thought the nevertrump movement was about election day, and making Romneys no-show numbers look paltry.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:49:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, what. All 24 of them?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:52:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I thought the nevertrump movement was about election day, and making Romneys no-show numbers look paltry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol. If Romney turns out to be the smallest no-show we get, big problems. No one other than the butt-blasted and the depressed are towing that line now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:54:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Hear, hear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hear, hear.

Neither of you are anchored in reality. Please scroll back up and read Jane's post. Then read it again. Over and over until it sinks in, because she actually is.

Edit: In fact, let me make it easy for you and put it here.

Quoted:
A year ago, I was really excited about this election cycle.  The long Obama nightmare was coming to an end; we had three good candidates, even my number three choice would have been better for the country than anyone since Reagan.  Then enter the orange turd

Now I just want it over.  Let's get Trump nominated, Clinton elected, and America, as we knew it, behind us.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:55:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Neither of you are anchored in reality. Please scroll back up and read Jane's post. Then read it again. Over and over until it sinks in, because she actually is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hear, hear.

What brand is your crystal ball? Kia?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:15:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Cruz folk should avoid the FOX News poll for California
View Quote

I think it's GREAT that California and NY will pick the Republican nominee.

Because I'm sure they will help get him across the finish line in November.

In the meantime, I notice a bunch of new threads where people seem to have suddenly started worrying about what a President Hillary would do.

I don't see Trump beating her.  Of course I could be wrong, and if he's nominated I'll support him, but I think we are screwed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wish I could disagree.  It's like a long, slow rolling train wreck.  You can see it coming, but no one can stop it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Try not to get too discouraged. We were going to need several good breaks to dodge Clinton regardless of who the R nominee is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try not to get too discouraged. We were going to need several good breaks to dodge Clinton regardless of who the R nominee is.

No shit, the GOP could run Ronald Reagan incarnate and the electoral math would still be hard for him to overcome.

It's clear to me that the GOP will only win again with someone a bit different. Is Trump that "different" person? Can't say, but the GOPe slugs they have been tossing into the ring sure have not been working out.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top