Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is he a current DA investigator? Aren't those some kind of cop? I've had one sit in on a meeting between my stool pigeon client and prosecutors, I assumed she was still some kind of Leo
View Quote

Around here that's a job for retired LEOs looking to work a few hours and keep their LEO certs active
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Jesus Christ New York!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Cops are being driven to drunk. Should I? Nah, he's the boss. Should I? He is definitely shitfaced, I got to do what's right. Nope, they will hang my ass.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Was he legit under the retired LEO law?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He is lucky he was caught by cops. I bet he was shitfaced
View Quote

Well who else was going to catch him?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He is lucky he was caught by cops. I bet he was shitfaced

Maybe the other gay guy intent on robbing him or worse
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he was I'd like to know why they took his gun.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because downstate.

I have heard of people being hassled by Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk cops for having a handgun and not having a "Nassau county license" or a "Westchester county license" - A lot of cops actually think other county permits are not valid.

I CC in Westchester and Long Island all the time with my upstate permit. Nothing they can do to me...except wrongly arrest me of course.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#11]
On one hand he might be covered by federal law...on the other hand we don't know if he had a qualification card and an ID...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
some animals are more equal than others
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:31:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yay, someone finally got the Animal Farm quote right...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:35:13 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread will probably only be 2-3 pages of calm, boring discussion.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Because downstate.

I have heard of people being hassled by Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk cops for having a handgun and not having a "Nassau county license" or a "Westchester county license" - A lot of cops actually think other county permits are not valid.

I CC in Westchester and Long Island all the time with my upstate permit. Nothing they can do to me...except wrongly arrest me of course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because downstate.

So how do you legally get from Upstate to Long Island without going thru NYC or CT or NJ?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Someone needs to FOIA his records to see if he did at least 10 years & if he left in good standing.

Then they need to check to see which certified instructor qualified him - they have to keep detailed records in case they get subpoenaed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LEOSA? Right?

He might not have followed the requirements. Though he may be able to have a friend pencil whip some documents to say otherwise.

LEOSA requires that you have, not less than one year before the date you are carrying a concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise found by the state or a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that state to have met the active duty standards for qualification in firearms training, as established by the state, to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm.

Someone needs to FOIA his records to see if he did at least 10 years & if he left in good standing.

Then they need to check to see which certified instructor qualified him - they have to keep detailed records in case they get subpoenaed.

I thought you had to be retired LEO, as in vested, disabled, or something involving a check from the agency.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Call my Sgt. to the scene and dump it on him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My nephew interviewed for a police officer job in San Francisco.  He was doing well up until one hypothetical question.  
You stop a car going the wrong way on a one-way street.  The driver is very intoxicated and happens to be the mayor.  What do you do?

I used to at your posts now I
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How much you want to bet that even if he WAS covered under LEOSA due to previous employment that he never did any of the required qualifications
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The officers only discovered who Raynor was when they opened up his wallet and found a metal shield that read “Westchester County District Attorney Chief Investigator” and a retired ID card.

Cops asked Raynor if he had a pistol permit, but he responded that he didn’t need one, citing a federal law – the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act that allows qualified law enforcement and retired law enforcement to carry a concealed firearm in any jurisdiction in the country.

How much you want to bet that even if he WAS covered under LEOSA due to previous employment that he never did any of the required qualifications

Or the fact he was very likely drunk, which would have nullified everything else.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My nephew interviewed for a police officer job in San Francisco.  He was doing well up until one hypothetical question.  
You stop a car going the wrong way on a one-way street.  The driver is very intoxicated and happens to be the mayor.  What do you do?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#22]
What a shit show, but secure the weapon and ID the suspect (who probably isn't going to skip town) and make sure everything is in order before you go with charges was probably the right call here in order to avoid a much further shit show. Especially considering the county and Mt. Vernon PD's not so distant past. In 2008 county officers shot and killed an off duty Mt. Vernon cop when he intervened in something outside a court house in White Plains and failed to drop his weapon when ordered. You would think after that this guy would have acted a little smarter but Mt. Vernon is an interesting place, to say the least.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Terrance Raynor

I can't imagine why they would not charge the former Mount Vernon chief? What could ever be the reason? Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously the right answer.  Don't seek trouble above your paygrade.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#25]
SOURCE:MAYOR DAVIS TO APPOINT TAX CHEAT AS NEXT MVPD COMMISSIONER

A source close to the Davis administration confirmed that Mayor Davis will be appointing tax cheat Terrance Raynor as the next Commissioner of the Mount Vernon Police Department.   Terrance Raynor recently made headlines after being sued for illegally claiming S.T.A.R. exemptions on two houses at the same time.  
View Quote

Several residents have informed Mount Vernon exposed that they will bring legal action against Mayor Davis and the City of Mount Vernon because the City Charter mandates that the Police Commissioner live in the City of Mount Vernon.  Raynor is currently a resident of Peekskill.

Raynor is the husband of Valerie Raynor, a key player in Janet DiFiore’s nanny gate scandal.  Valerie along with Diane Atkins, the current Commissioner of Recreation in the City of Mount Vernon, illegally approved benefits for DiFiore’s nanny when she was denied on two previous occasions.
View Quote

http://mountvernonexposed.blogspot.com/2013/02/sourcemayor-davis-to-appoint-tax-cheat.html
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see the picture of a car pulled over surrounded by police cars with a patrolman, a Sergeant, a Lieutenant , a Captain waiting for someone else to show up and take charge. While people drive by trying to figure out what the hell is going.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Mount Vernon mayor failed to file tax returns, feds say

Terrance Raynor, left, is congratulated by Mayor Ernest D. Davis after being sworn in as the new police Commissioner of the Mount Vernon Police Department

Mount Vernon Mayor Ernest Davis on Tuesday became the latest New York politician caught up in a corruption case, pleading guilty in White Plains federal court to two counts of failing to file tax returns
View Quote

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/mount-vernon-mayor-failed-to-file-tax-returns-feds-say-1.9502725
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Isn't he lucky.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#31]
NY gonna NY
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The police didn't arrest him because he's black?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f2d5eae8d4e8a10696ced4ca7f77965e0d00dcd8/c=219-0-5322-3836&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/Westchester/Westchester/2014/07/30/1406752424002-cm-pressconf09.jpg
Terrance Raynor

I can't imagine why they would not charge the former Mount Vernon chief? What could ever be the reason? Hmmmm....

You think the PBA Cards are powerful?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#33]
So he was carrying a bodyguard? They moved those under the m&p branding didn't they?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Next time I'm in prison I'll ask how all those black guys forgot to mention their race to the cops
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f2d5eae8d4e8a10696ced4ca7f77965e0d00dcd8/c=219-0-5322-3836&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/Westchester/Westchester/2014/07/30/1406752424002-cm-pressconf09.jpg
Terrance Raynor

You think the PBA Cards are powerful?

Next time I'm in prison I'll ask how all those black guys forgot to mention their race to the cops

Your penguin hole will be a bit stretchier I bit.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#36]
He got off on the Magpul Defense.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe because he is retired and doesn't possess a pistol permit therefore he isn't owning that gun a on a C form.

Unless DA investigator let's you own guns on C forms.

That's the problem with NY when you retire, LEOSA covers you, but to own a handgun you still need that permit. (Unless you are NYSP))
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If he retired from westchester and this occurred in ny state, the leosa wouldn't apply, nor would the 10 year employment minimum. That's only for out of state carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LEOSA? Right?

He might not have followed the requirements. Though he may be able to have a friend pencil whip some documents to say otherwise.

LEOSA requires that you have, not less than one year before the date you are carrying a concealed firearm, been tested or otherwise found by the state or a certified firearms instructor that is qualified to conduct a firearms qualification test for active duty officers within that state to have met the active duty standards for qualification in firearms training, as established by the state, to carry a firearm of the same type as the concealed firearm.

If he retired from westchester and this occurred in ny state, the leosa wouldn't apply, nor would the 10 year employment minimum. That's only for out of state carry.

If he retired from a state agency, he should have had a state retired LEO permit issued by his county (in addition to his credentials, good guy letter, & annual qualification card if he was going to carry under LEOSA).
It sounds to me that he was just a political appointee, not a retired cop - that's why this whole thing is sketchy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

He answered to the effect that he'd handle this the same way he'd treat anyone else.  Doesn't matter who it is, the law's the law, etc, etc..

Apparently that wasnt the correct answer and he was determined to not be a good fit within the department.
View Quote

The answer to that question is always "immediately call my supervisor."
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Don't know if I'm reading this right. Does this mean an LEO separated from service in say CA, would have to be tested and certified by his former CA agency if he then wanted to carry legally (under LEOSA) in his new state of residence (TX)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LEOSA? Right?

Don't know if I'm reading this right. Does this mean an LEO separated from service in say CA, would have to be tested and certified by his former CA agency if he then wanted to carry legally (under LEOSA) in his new state of residence (TX)?

No, testing is done by a certified instructor in the state that you're in.
This is one of the guys who does it on Long Island;

http://www.firearmstactics.com/

It costs $100 & it wastes your day - you go to his office, fill out paperwork, get your picture taken, then sit through the use of force class.
He puts all your info into the computer & prints your ID card.
Then everyone drives over to the range he uses, fires the qualification course, & he hands you your ID card.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think he was fucked on the restriction on carrying in parks if it was legal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think he was fucked on the restriction on carrying in parks if it was legal

That's where he's still probably fucked;

(b) This section shall not be construed to supersede or limit the laws of any State that—
(1) permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property; or
(2) prohibit or restrict the possession of firearms on any State or local government property, installation, building, base, or park.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He's standing next to someone who didn't file his taxes  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mount Vernon mayor failed to file tax returns, feds say

http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.9502952.1413321255!/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.JPG
Terrance Raynor, left, is congratulated by Mayor Ernest D. Davis after being sworn in as the new police Commissioner of the Mount Vernon Police Department

Mount Vernon Mayor Ernest Davis on Tuesday became the latest New York politician caught up in a corruption case, pleading guilty in White Plains federal court to two counts of failing to file tax returns

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/crime/mount-vernon-mayor-failed-to-file-tax-returns-feds-say-1.9502725
He's standing next to someone who didn't file his taxes  

Mount Vernon PD and Government have a public history of corruption. No wonder he walked.

It has more to do with being 'connected'. Sorry, not everything boils down to 'race'.

When the FBI is arresting your chief of detectives and officers for graft and the feds are taking down your mayor, there's a problem.

Hell, they just fired the previous white Mount Vernon Public Safety Commissioner Bob Kelly on recommendation of the Westchester County District Attorney's Office.

Scratch the surface of many of these towns and you will find corruption.

Not enough for you?

The Mayor's brother who is a Mount Vernon firefighter was just charged with federal gun-trafficking charges.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Man, I have been away a long time, Mount Vernon Mayor and commish, neighborhood has left
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I thought you had to be retired LEO, as in vested, disabled, or something involving a check from the agency.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LEOSA? Right?

They've changed the law a couple of times since it was enacted.

(c) As used in this section, the term “qualified retired law enforcement officer” means an individual who—
(1) separated from service in good standing from service with a public agency as a law enforcement officer;
(2) before such separation, was authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and had statutory powers of arrest or apprehension under section 807(b) of title 10, United States Code (article 7(b) of the Uniform Code of Military Justice);
(3)
(A) before such separation, served as a law enforcement officer for an aggregate of 10 years or more; or
(B) separated from service with such agency, after completing any applicable probationary period of such service, due to a service-connected disability, as determined by such agency;

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:08:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Shhhhh, don't say anything lets see how far he will go.
View Quote

You obviously did not read the post above breaking it down. If you want to stand up for crooked cops and politicians, it's on you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
He was let go?

Surprise, surprise.
View Quote

ETA: guess I'm the 87th person to say that now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Banana Republic
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top