User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:

on the fence on who the blame should be put on though.... its all on the owners but ford engineers should be slapped for missing class on the whole frame building 101

How about the guys advertising it doing the things that break it?

Quoted:
all the frame bending comes from marketing a factory "stock" truck
as a desert running truck.

like I said I dont know who needs the slap more
the people who put a sheep in wolves clothing
or the people who went out and drove that sheep like a wolf
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, that truck is SLOW for 600hp.  What a piece of crap.  A 2012 v6 Camry could nearly keep up with it at 14.2 qtr mile.

Apples and oranges.

You're right , of course.

But still , for 75 grand I'd expect alot more performance than mid 13's and a top speed of 110.   And thier only excuse for the top speed of 110 is "Tire-Rated".   C'mon , for 75 grand you cant put a better set of tires on there for me?   WTF?  

You're talking about something as aerodynamic as a brick on 35" all terrain tires ... Due to the tread pattern, you can't run any faster than 110 with any A/T or M/T tire that I've seen.

If you want a race car, buy a race car; but in my book a factory lifted truck on 35" tall tires that will 4x4 with the best of them and have a respectable 1/4 mile time is pretty cool to me, although I wouldn't pay $75k for it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

on the fence on who the blame should be put on though.... its all on the owners but ford engineers should be slapped for missing class on the whole frame building 101

How about the guys advertising it doing the things that break it?

Quoted:
all the frame bending comes from marketing a factory "stock" truck
as a desert running truck.

like I said I dont know who needs the slap more
the people who put a sheep in wolves clothing
or the people who went out and drove that sheep like a wolf

You can jump it all day long like they did in the Ford commercials and NOT bend the frame:

Or you can drive like a tard and try for as much speed/air as possible.  6 feet of air may result in broken parts.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I love the hate for the Raptor.  L O V E IT.

We bought out truck for one reason...there was not a single better suited vehicle, with a warranty, to take surf fishing at PINS.  Period.

Soft sand?  No problem!  Need ground clearance?  No problem!  Want a good riding vehicle that can do all of the things I need it to do?  No Problem!  Makes the wife happy because it's 'her truck'?  No Problem!

Do a lot of Raptors get relegated to 'drug store cowboy' duty or 'soccer mom' duty?  Sure...but that's not the truck's fault.

We've had ours since the fall of 2010, nary a problem, been surf fishing a bazillion times...never gotten stuck, never even been worried about getting stuck...took it on a road trip to see my parents in Louisiana and made a 9.5 hour trip, and it was a joy to drive and ride in.

FYI...just because they have high sticker prices and 'market adjustments' doesn't mean you've got to pay for that either...we paid less for the 2010 Raptor than a comparably equipped F150 FX4 on the lot.  Go figure.

Haters gonna hate...and I'm loving it.

CVN
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]
no hate for the raptor here. not a ford guy but like the aggressive look.
sound like your a raptor owner enjoying but not going out and just bashing their raptor.
the taking a stock truck out and getting air in it is where the thread hate is at lol
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#6]
SOUNDS A LITTLE EXPENSIVE FOR A WOOD HAULER.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
No hate here either. Heck I almost bought one but when doing homework found the frame issues.

Meeeeeeeeeeeer
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#8]
There is no frame issue...

It ain't a trophy truck.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Wonder how many other peoples F-150's are in that truck.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:17:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
so basically its a bolt on ford truck with some badges and a supercharger?....could duplicate that for a hell of alot less than 75k$
and it only runs a 13.6? your shitting me

go take a base silverado, small cam, bolt ons and a torque converter and you can break 12s

Agreed.  What a rip off.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
so basically its a bolt on ford truck with some badges and a supercharger?....could duplicate that for a hell of alot less than 75k$

go take a base silverado, small cam, bolt ons and a torque converter and you can break 12s

Agreed.  What a rip off.

On 35s?  That makes it harder.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  What a rip off.

And can handle the same terrain/speed as the Raptor?  I don't think so.

Lot's of folks showing their ignorance about vehicles in this thread...........

Brian
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  What a rip off.

Brian

Exactly, it is essentially the height of a lifted silverado as well. My lifted hemi is somewhere close to 500 hp and I'm nowhere near 13's. Probably mid 14's.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#14]
The local rez cops use Raptors for patrol. They plan on getting the 4 door ones to replace their cars so they can haul 10-15s in them too.

You should be proud. You paid for 'em.

Those little LED alley lights mounted in the bed are like little suns, just waiting to burn out your retinas.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:24:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, that truck is SLOW for 600hp.  What a piece of crap.  A 2012 v6 Camry could nearly keep up with it at 14.2 qtr mile.

Apples and oranges.

You're right , of course.

But still , for 75 grand I'd expect alot more performance than mid 13's and a top speed of 110.   And thier only excuse for the top speed of 110 is "Tire-Rated".   C'mon , for 75 grand you cant put a better set of tires on there for me?   WTF?  

Yeah.  You could buy a new Raptr, or Z71 chevy, drop 8k into mods and destroy that overpriced wanna be collectors item.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love the hate for the Raptor.  L O V E IT.

We bought out truck for one reason...there was not a single better suited vehicle, with a warranty, to take surf fishing at PINS.  Period.

Soft sand?  No problem!  Need ground clearance?  No problem!  Want a good riding vehicle that can do all of the things I need it to do?  No Problem!  Makes the wife happy because it's 'her truck'?  No Problem!

Do a lot of Raptors get relegated to 'drug store cowboy' duty or 'soccer mom' duty?  Sure...but that's not the truck's fault.

We've had ours since the fall of 2010, nary a problem, been surf fishing a bazillion times...never gotten stuck, never even been worried about getting stuck...took it on a road trip to see my parents in Louisiana and made a 9.5 hour trip, and it was a joy to drive and ride in.

FYI...just because they have high sticker prices and 'market adjustments' doesn't mean you've got to pay for that either...we paid less for the 2010 Raptor than a comparably equipped F150 FX4 on the lot.  Go figure.

Haters gonna hate...and I'm loving it.

CVN

Im a GM guy, but I like the raptor.  Just not that overpriced joke in the OP.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:27:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  What a rip off.

Not if you adjust your gear ratio.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  What a rip off.

Brian

Lol, whatever.  That pickup is way overpriced for what you get.  Do a little research instead of accusing me of ignorance.  
You could mod a base raptor and get that performance for much, much less than the one in the OP.  Magnacharger, long tube headers, and a custom Dyno tune. $8000, roughly
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  What a rip off.

Not if you adjust your gear ratio.

Pushing a 5,000 lb brick 18 inches off the ground through the air over 65-70 takes a lot of power, and even with 4.56's, 35x12.5x17 A/T or M/T tires weigh A LOT

And as usual, most have no concept of the design use of such a truck
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this sort of like an AMG Mercedes?

As an SL500 AMG owner

SL500 AMG? Que?
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  What a rip off.

Brian

Lol, whatever.  That pickup is way overpriced for what you get.  Do a little research instead of accusing me of ignorance.  
You could mod a base raptor and get that performance for much, much less than the one in the OP.  Magnacharger, long tube headers, and a custom Dyno tune. $8000, roughly

don't disagree with you that the truck in the OP is overpriced - of course, labor to install all that shit does cost money.

I was actually commenting on the stupidity of comparing a drag strip modded base Sierra to a Raptor.   Of course, what do I know about offroad vehicles  - I've only designed a few suspension components for SCORE Trophy Trucks in the early/mid '90s and spent last weekend in Ensenada pitting for a Class 3 truck at the Baja 1000.

Brian
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top