Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Lovely!  And I wouldn't shoot it either.  

Hell, I'd have to put cotton gloves and a velvet condom on just to have sex with it......and I absolutely would have sex with it!
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
NIce..

I have one that has been passed down from my great great grandfather.

Still shoot it too, but t the .32 ammo is expensive.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/InfiniteGrim/GUNZ/P1060614.jpg

Mine is also an earlier version

You know.......that's exactly what I wanted, only in .380.  But the deal was too good and I was beginning to drool.  I just could not pass it up.  I had always intended to get a shooter like yours.  Now I'm probably doomed to acquire yet another piece (like that's a problem).  I just can't get one as soon.  Gonna have to wait til the coffer's are up again.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
NIce..

You know.......that's exactly what I wanted, only in .380.  But the deal was too good and I was beginning to drool.  I just could not pass it up.  I had always intended to get a shooter like yours.  Now I'm probably doomed to acquire yet another piece (like that's a problem).  I just can't get one as soon.  Gonna have to wait til the coffer's are up again.

What is the value on your current unfired one?

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a shooter condition example of the same model pistol and shoot to your hearts content.

Keep your NIB pony for posterity and or retirement (unless you already are).

If you sell it, choose a top shelf auction company...hopefully when the economy has improved (wishful thinking).

Here is a good one:  http://rockislandauction.com/

I voted pie.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
How much is it worth!!!!!! I don't know much about old guns and values
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
For general reference:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=153272672

After all this time I still don't know how to hot link
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#7]

I would say don't shoot, only because if you put a hot round through it or F something up, not only have you de-valued it, but now you have to find parts for it....parts that won't be original or cheap.

I have a 2nd generation Colt Woodsman that I have troubles with because I decided to fire it like it was a new gun.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would say don't shoot, only because if you put a hot round through it or F something up, not only have you de-valued it, but now you have to find parts for it....parts that won't be original or cheap.

I have a 2nd generation Colt Woodsman that I have troubles with because I decided to fire it like it was a new gun.

That has been one of my concerns, as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gorgeous.

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]
i would shoot it. I wont own something i wont use. Its like having a cherry car and leaving it wraped int eh garage the whole time.. cars are made to be driven and guns are made to be shot.. However its avery pretty peice and i would not blame you if you didnt shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not shooting a good gun is like marrying a supermodel and not fucking her!

+1
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]
do not shoot it!  if you did, there would be no way to make it look like new again
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Was it not test fired?
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:45:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2

I couldn't imagine owning a gun and not shooting it. You have two choices, Well, three actually. You can use the gun the way it was meant to be used,The way it WANTS to be used. You can leave it in it's box to die a slow death from oxidation. Or you can give it to a museum that can take care of it properly and allow others to bask in it's greatness for many many years.

Personally, I would treat that gun the same as I treat any other gun, albeit with quite a bit more respect, and take it to the range.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]
NIB?

Don't shoot it, unless you are rich enough to light cuban cigars with $100 bills on a regular basis (to relax after snorting pure columbian off a high end hookers ass, with another $100 bill).

It is cool, but what's going to happen to it's value once it's now used, not N.I.B.? Guns and cars both hit a point when a new, cherry example is worth much more to collectors.

I agree with all of the posters that say a car needs to be driven, and a gun needs to be shot, but my bank account needs numbers to the left of the decimal, as well.  

If it were me, I'd sit on it until the economy pics up a bit, sell it to someone with more money than brains, and buy something more fun - like a non NIB example, a MAC-10, lots of ammo for another gun...
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Was it not test fired?

Collectably, test/proof fired doesn't count.  Weird, but true.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
NIce..

I have seen mine in .32 but the condition was right between yours and mine and was going for $1995.

Im afraid to ask what the one you got cost you!

Treat it like an investment, i bet you in 15-20 years it will be double or triple the price.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I know your not going to shoot it, but....I would have a silver bullet made and put it in the box for a special occasion.
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I know your not going to shoot it, but....I would have a silver bullet made and put it in the box for a special occasion.

Link Posted: 1/10/2010 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#22]
First and foremost, that is one of the nicest pistols I've seen, including every thread I've ever witnessed here, museums, and private collections. You have a beautiful gun and as others have stated, I wouldnt even handle it without gloves on.

Somethings are sacred....and an unfired 1925 pistol would fall into that category.

I've had a few guns in my years, many NIB.
They were bought to shoot, no other reason.
Granted that the finishing techniques are different on modern stuff like the things I owned, but heres the deal...

After even a single round, you can see the difference on the weapon.
However subtle it might be, an expert looking down the barrel, at the insides of the slide rails, at the contact points on the reciever....after you fire it, it will never be the same again.

Put it back in the safe where it belongs, find a beater to shoot.
Something like what you have ceases to be a "gun" and more of a collectible antique.

I vote for leaving it alone.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Such a beautiful red x, but from the replies, I guess I'm the only one who can't see it for some reason.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#24]
WTF?      Did Imageshack take my picture down?  Anyone still see the photo in the original post?

Edit.........Nevermind.  it appears to be back up
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Do NOT shoot.

Keep it as a collectible, and get a pair of gloves to handle it with.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#26]
C.O.D. it to me.......I'll shoot it for you, send you a video of the act AND I'll even let you smell the powder on my fingers!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He's right you know!
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not only would I not shoot that, but I wouldn't handle it unless I was wearing white cotton gloves.  

Exactly, I would make damn sure it stays in a nice dry climate(35-55% humidity) and never touch it with my oily fingers.

It made it this long without being fired? I wouldn't ever fire it. Something about a virgin I guess.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 8:38:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not only would I not shoot that, but I wouldn't handle it unless I was wearing white cotton gloves.  

Exactly, I would make damn sure it stays in a nice dry climate(35-55% humidity) and never touch it with my oily fingers.

It made it this long without being fired? I wouldn't ever fire it. Something about a virgin I guess.

Ya but noone benefits from virginity!!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2010 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#30]
That is one beautiful automatic.  I would probably shoot it, but I've proven time and time again that I am capable of acts of financial idiocy.  Honestly, if you want a shooter, I'll bet a collector would trade you a "working" pistol for that collectable, plus some other worthwhile stuff (guns, ammo, cash, ...) to balance it out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Do not shoot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Shoot it once.  Take pics.  Clean it up.  Put it away.  

Link Posted: 1/10/2010 2:22:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Went to the range today

Couldn't do it.           Perhaps another time............Maybe not.   Got to find a shooter!
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 2:36:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Went to the range today
Couldn't do it.    
      Perhaps another time............Maybe not.   Got to find a shooter!
DON'T YOU DARE!  YES, fo get one with some existing range time to fire and fingerfuck.

Link Posted: 1/10/2010 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
WOW!

DO NOT SHOOT!

DONOTDONOTDONOT
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I guess until I find a shooter.......it's gonna just sit in my safe and bug the shit out of me.

Then perhaps the urge will wane.  I gotta think of it like it's a piece of artwork - metal sculpture by JMB.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW!

DO NOT SHOOT!

+1

+100000000 DO NOT SHOOT!!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2010 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#38]
I wouldnt know what to do in that situation.

I would want to shoot it but its OLD

put it up and keep it clean and if you must shoot it, ONE mag, thats it with the best ammo money can buy. then clean it immeadiatley after the last round is fired.
Link Posted: 1/10/2010 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Shoot it! Those things are fun as hell
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 8:47:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Shoot it! Those things are fun as hell

So far.........I've only imagined that to be true.  sigh..............
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Don't do it!
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#42]
I deplore the idea of a safe queen.  Firearms are made to be shot.  Having said all that I wouldn't shoot that little honey.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Needs a few throws down the driveway.

Hey, this is GD after all
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Needs a few throws down the driveway.

Hey, this is GD after all

Maybe a dremel would help

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Went to the range today
Couldn't do it.    
      Perhaps another time............Maybe not.   Got to find a shooter!

My heart can't take a shock like that man.

Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#46]
get and shoot one of these instead...looks similar and ammo is pretty cheap (and stout)
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Went to the range today

Couldn't do it.           Perhaps another time............Maybe not.   Got to find a shooter!

My heart can't take a shock like that man.

CLEAR!
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
that is gorgeous!

Truly beautiful condition.

I went through one that my old GF's father had in his attic ........forgotten. I had to soak it in 3-1 oil and Kroil for a week before the slide would rack.

When I was done it shot like a champ .........I loved that little pistol.

Quoted:
Here's the problem.......

I've always wanted one.  Then I found this.  Now I can't shoot it!

I now must find other one to shoot.  Damn!

Shooters are out there under $400 . I've bought a couple over the past 3-4 years and re-sold .
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
that is gorgeous!

Truly beautiful condition.

I went through one that my old GF's father had in his attic ........forgotten. I had to soak it in 3-1 oil and Kroil for a week before the slide would rack.

When I was done it shot like a champ .........I loved that little pistol.

Quoted:
Here's the problem.......

I've always wanted one.  Then I found this.  Now I can't shoot it!

I now must find other one to shoot.  Damn!

Shooters are out there under $400 . I've bought a couple over the past 3-4 years and re-sold .

I know........I passed on one some months back because I wasn't flush at the time. Now I've just got to wait.
Link Posted: 1/11/2010 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Shoot the damn thing .One day you will be dead and it won't matter that it is sitting in your safe unfired.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top