Page / 13
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chug might change to hot cocoa
View Quote

You may be in luck!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foodandwine.com/news/pepsis-new-soda-flavor-is-equal-parts-winter-treat-and-coca-cola-troll%3famp=true
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Yep strong chance I might die...
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

But you will die in good hands
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, how are we doing on donations?

Remember runners, this may be a free event. But it costs a lot to set up and run. Food, water, porta johns, etc are not free.

Estimated to cost about $75 per person to run an event. Any donation amount is helpful.

Donation link from OP
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I had to do my run in snow shoes yesterday

I was still post-holing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP, how are we doing on donations?

Remember runners, this may be a free event. But it costs a lot to set up and run. Food, water, porta johns, etc are not free.

Estimated to cost about $75 per person to run an event. Any donation amount is helpful.

Donation link from OP
View Quote

Donations have been a bit slower for the event this year, which is understandable. We won't need as much this year either as shirt orders are being separated from the overall donations, but we do have other costs that go into event beyond SWAG.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Donations have been a bit slower for the event this year, which is understandable. We won't need as much this year either as shirt orders are being separated from the overall donations, but we do have other costs that go into event beyond SWAG.
View Quote

Ill try to get mine in soon.

Been saving up for that giant buttplug for @RePp.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
T-shirt PP sent
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I usually die like 3-4 times.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I usually die like 3-4 times.
View Quote

??

I might “barrow” an AED from work...it’s not a performance enhancing device.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Regrettably, I am 100% out.

@BMSMB
@Splat2013
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:27:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@BMSMB
@Splat2013
View Quote

sad to hear this

Hopefully we will see you at another event soon
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

sad to hear this

Hopefully we will see you at another event soon
View Quote

Should be able to make West happen!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome, we are planning on being there too!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@BMSMB
@Splat2013
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

@BMSMB
@Splat2013
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@BMSMB
@Splat2013

Quoted:

Quoted:
Awesome, we are planning on being there too!

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't forget to order shirts if you want them!

Instructions on Page 6 from BMSMB, info in OP as well.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm out.
For real this year.

@BMSMB
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm out.
For real this year.

@BMSMB
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm out.
For real this year.

@BMSMB
View Quote

Damn, until next time!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Cardio and leg day at 10,000 feet on my Cola Warrior NW training schedule...no pain, no gain!  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Received flight tickets for Christmas Gift, reservations made,

Monies for shirt sent, check.

Donations for food, shitters, warm bed and hot showers sent, check.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Rental Pickup Truck booked.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Donations for food, shitters, warm bed and hot showers sent, check.
View Quote

Ruby and Copper might have access to a warm bed and hot showers (if needed, hopefully not...) but that's about it
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Everyone should have received an email from me with a link to a Google form so we can confirm numbers and get food sorted out.

If you did not receive this email, please check your spam folder. If you still don't have it, please let me know. The event directions will be emailed based on who confirms in that Google form.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Funds for food and swag sent
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Bstew is out
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Paypal monies sent for firewood and hot chocolate...
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:13:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Google confirmation form sent

hot choccy and porta-john monies sent.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Still sorting my move to Bonner County. We own the place, but some issues we knew about turned out to be worse than expected. Which is not unexpected in a 40 year old place that was bought from an estate of the very old folks who'd lived there.

Budget still ok, but some of the fun plans for the place are starting to move down the list. Whatever.

So, we've not moved in. Fortunately, we gave ourselves months to get out of our place in Oregon.

I've been training with diet mountain dew. Nasty shit, but it slides down nice an easy. I think it must have some kind of slippery chemical in it for ease of swallowing. Here's hoping it comes up just as easily.

I'm on the standby list. Keep me there. I'll pay for the trouble!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:25:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Still sorting my move to Bonner County. We own the place, but some issues we knew about turned out to be worse than expected. Which is not unexpected in a 40 year old place that was bought from an estate of the very old folks who'd lived there.

Budget still ok, but some of the fun plans for the place are starting to move down the list. Whatever.

So, we've not moved in. Fortunately, we gave ourselves months to get out of our place in Oregon.

I've been training with diet mountain dew. Nasty shit, but it slides down nice an easy. I think it must have some kind of slippery chemical in it for ease of swallowing. Here's hoping it comes up just as easily.

View Quote

If you need any help with construction stuff let me know. I'm a 30 year roofing contractor with license in Idaho and California.  I can do petty much anything from the top plate up and can do a bunch of other general construction stuff. Things I don't do, electrical, plumbing or hvac. I'm working for one of the top rated southern idaho roofing contractors and their work is horrendous, the amount of shit work not to code or any meaningful spec I see every day is mind blowing and these guys are supposed to be professionals and my peers. they literally pay me to fix all their fuckups. It would be easier to teach them properly but men are usually resistant  to change even though their shit leaks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:13:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If you need any help with construction stuff let me know. I'm a 30 year roofing contractor with license in Idaho and California.  I can do petty much anything from the top plate up and can do a bunch of other general construction stuff. Things I don't do, electrical, plumbing or hvac. I'm working for one of the top rated southern idaho roofing contractors and their work is horrendous, the amount of shit work not to code or any meaningful spec I see every day is mind blowing and these guys are supposed to be professionals and my peers. they literally pay me to fix all their fuckups. It would be easier to teach them properly but men are usually resistant  to change even though their shit leaks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boy...I'll allow you to change your mind.

IM sent!

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Flight and rental car booked; filled out Google form.  I might be arriving on site late Wednesday, but I'm likely going to grab a hotel and show up early Thursday.  Part of me is tempted to do a night run, but then I remember SE...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Flight and rental car booked; filled out Google form.  I might be arriving on site late Wednesday, but I'm likely going to grab a hotel and show up early Thursday.  Part of me is tempted to do a night run, but then I remember SE...
View Quote

Do it for dale
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#37]
If anyone is interested I can bring some casting stuff and show you guys how to make your own bullets.  I have knowledge in how to acquire very good quality lead. I personally have over 1k pounds of the stuff and is probably a lifetime supply for me. Here is what I did in a few hours today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:49:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I saw Combat Class on the sign up, what does this entail? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:09:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pain.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think you have to do the course wearing rifle rated plates, mags,a knife , and water. Maybe helmet? Not sure.

I may have some of that wrong.

Also you have to fight a horse.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:57:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Noice, is the horse provided or do I need to bring my own?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:58:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Combat class requirements are:
Level 3+ hard plates, front and rear
2 rifle magazines with ammo
2 pistol magazines with ammo
At least 1 quart of water
Med kit that consists of at least tourniquet and combat bandage

This must be warn for the entire duration and you need to have all of it on (minus used ammo) at the completion of the chug
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#44]
This road looks like cola warriors from Idaho have visited.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Plane tickets booked. SUV recommended for the drive to the run site? Or will anything do?
View Quote

Would highly reccomend 4WD whether there be snow/ice or mud, its better to be safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Less than a month out!

Don't forget to fill out the google form that BMSMB sent out via email to confirm your run slot, if you don't fill out the form you won't get directions to the site and will be considered standby runner if you still manage to show up.

Getting ready to start prepping for food, so an accurate headcount on meals would be incredibly helpful too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Less than a month out!

Don't forget to fill out the google form that BMSMB sent out via email to confirm your run slot, if you don't fill out the form you won't get directions to the site and will be considered standby runner if you still manage to show up.

Getting ready to start prepping for food, so an accurate headcount on meals would be incredibly helpful too.
View Quote

Any alternative method to send funds? Snail Mail? pony Express?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Any alternative method to send funds? Snail Mail? pony Express?
View Quote

I'll PM you
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#50]
friday nights are made for chug practice.

i hate it.

it hurts so bad.

Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top