BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The part that says "the right of the people to keep and bear [u]arms[/u] shall not be infringed."

The word "arms" is the only word in that sentence you can underline.

View Quote

And a bayonet is what, chopped liver? It IS an arm, within the meaning of the constitution. So is a grenade, an artillery piece, a bomb or a torpedo.

So, by removing the bayonet lug, the right is infringed. By doing away with full auto, the right is infringed. By insisting the barrel be longer than some minimum the right is infringed. By limiting the caliber the right is infringed. By each little nibble, over and over, the right is infringed. That's what infringed MEANS.

Or would you be willing to accept a law limiting you to a single-shot flintlock pistol of at least 15 pounds weight?  Hey, its an [u]arm[/u], right? And as long as they allow you something, you have your "right"...
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 12:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
moNgReL66 said "Tim Mcveigh set his line, he brought attention, but blew up too many people to get empathy.Had he blown the building at night, with no one there, things would have been different in this country."

So, what are you saying?  That we should blow up buildings to make our point?  Only empty buildings?  What would have been/be different?  Have you ever heard of the Army Math Research Center bombing in Madison WI about 1970?  The left wingers did exactly that & nothing was different except us taxpayer had to pay for a new building.  Oh, and one poor researcher who was working late was killed.  A huge waste of a persons life.

We live in the best society in the world, albeit with some faults, however I hope that I never see an armed revolution in the USA.

It is in your best interest to peaceably effect change, through voting, running for office, etc.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
[left]The whole thing with Bans is they are like a runaway truck, it will not stop with assult weapons, it may seem to half of the sporting gun world has OK! "we don't really need a ar15" ive read gun magazine article's saying "We don't need a simi; bolt action in 2 second's!" this is a poor excuse of gun owner's they make it out, ok; we can live with this ban then another comes along, then ok; we can live with this ban then another come's along! it will not stop unless we get together and stop this BS take a long look at Cailifornia and the UK. to me this is the most dangerous thing to our second amendment! has for Bayonets, flash suppressor's no i don't have no use for them, true; but it will not stop there. I also believe
that there are IDIOT gun owner's also that DO NOT HAVE NO COMMON SENSE WITH WEAPONS PERIOD.
What i believe too is that our Government is Way to powerful! if feel we no longer control
anything the government do. also some of you believe that the AW ban will sunset! yes this
is fact do you believe that they will just let it go HELL NO! see I have no fear of BLACK HELICOPTER's or Government thugs or some SHTF
senerio! I exercise my right to bear arm's by
being able to possess such weapons freely and have common sense with them![/left]
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again, I must ask; Where does The Constitution guarantee you: "bay lugs, flash hiders, etc"?
View Quote

"The right of the PEOPLE to keep & bear ARMS shall not be INFRINGED"... what constitutes an infringement on your rights? The founding fathers did not say "the right of the people to keep & bear arms that are constantly less technologically advanced than that of the US government or it's agencies".

They obviously weren't stating that the citizens of the US should only have arms for sporting & hunting purposes.
View Quote

The contrary is true, in "The Fedralist Papers", #29 by Alexander Hamilton, he specifically mentions, "....with respect to  the people at large, than to have them PROPERLY armed and EQUIPPED.....", and later, "...little, IF AT ALL, inferior to them (the military), in discipline and the use of arms.......". The founders did in fact anticipate technological advances in arms, and were clear that the people should possess them, and be "well regulated", (trained), in their use!
Case closed!! Fact; We are faced with an Un-Constitutional govt. The contract between the govt., and the people is null and void because of the violations of the contract, (Constitution), by govt..........
View Quote

I suspected the "devil's advocates" on this thread of trying to get people to articulate & PROVE their position. Good job.

What would be nice would be a argument/ counter argument "play book" for guys & gals on our side. Maybe this is a good starting place?

What the hell is that one guy doing associating our rights w/ Timothy McVeigh's deranged reasoning? I worked in a 50% liberal shop at the time of his atrocity & all the anti's treated conservatives & gunowners like they were involved in this criminal act! If you really wanted to be out- listening to conservative talk radio would've put you in the "radical" category! These people don't need anymore ammo to use against us, as they twist everything enough as it is & lie about what they can't twist, then go for the character assassination if all else fails...

Political reform means WE have to get off our "comfortable" asses & beat the streets, winning friends & influencing people, not scaring & alienating them!

Link Posted: 3/25/2002 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Again, I must ask; Where does The Constitution guarantee you: "bay lugs, flash hiders, etc"?
View Quote

(sarcasm on)

...or scopes, iron sights, ported barrels, threaded barrels, flashlight attachments, "night sites", magazines of any capacity, .50 calibers, black synthetic stocks, and egonomically designed pistol grips. [:)]

(sarcasm off)

Think about the purpose of the second here for a minute. We have it to resist tyranny, yet we should surrender "evil" features to tyrants because we dont have a "right" to them. hee hee

lib
sir, thats a pre-ban scope, im a afraid you'll have to turn it over to us as it could be used for sniping important people...oh and that pistol magazine as well, you know your weapons cant hold more then one shot at a time anyhow.
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 9:11:12 PM EDT
[#6]
CMJ said "Imagine the statement that would be made if every gun owner were to coordinate and take one designated day out of the year to openly carry a rifle, pistol, or shotgun with them throughout the day, nationwide, in the course of their daily business."

Why not have a "take your gun to work day"???

I am all for it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top