BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
7 weeks, no word.
I'm starting to think that my paperwork was lost.
typical for me.

Maybe I should submit another set of paperwork, and then if the first isn't lost afterall, I'll end up with 2 Garands...
"sorry honey, they must have made a mistake and sent me a second rifle after they found the first set of lost paperwork..."
"no, I can't send the second one back. I have to keep it."
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
7 weeks, no word.
typical for me.

Maybe I should submit another set of paperwork, and then if the first isn't lost afterall, I'll end up with 2 Garands...
"sorry honey, they must have made a mistake and sent me a second rifle after they found the first set of lost paperwork..."
View Quote

They are backed up a couple months on even opening mail. I'm in the same boat. Patience, my friend. It may take a while but you will get one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
7 weeks, no word.
typical for me.

View Quote

My order date is 2/4/16. It was for 3 service grade garands, 1 service grade carbine, and a few spam cans of ammo.

They emailed me 3/17 informing me the order was received, but I missed the boat on the carbine and they would fill the garand order and issue a refund check for the carbine. They sent the ammo a couple days after that.

Here I am 4/11 still waiting on the 3 garands. Having been through the NFA wait, this is nothing, but I don't have to like it.

ETA: They cashed my check 3/25
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered one garand and one carbine.  Order was received on 2-4 on 3-22 I got the email I think.

Not getting a carbine but some day I will get the garand hedged my bet with 2 more field grade and one service grade.

Just waiting
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Through the years, the CMP (and the previous DCM) has been good to me.

I got this from the DCM.  This was suppose to be my one in a life time M1.

Then, the CMP came along and I was able to get these.

And, to feed these babies.

All thanks to the CMP.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got my DBU email from the CMP!
Yee haw!
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yee haw!
View Quote

Cool, should be quick now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#8]
On 3 22   I got the dbu  and it still says ship date to be determined
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#9]
did you order field, service or special grade?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Service  and I have sent them paperwork for moar since I did not get the carbine.

Money was spent in my mind
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Service  and I have sent them paperwork for moar since I did not get the carbine.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then, we can't "unspend" gun money can we?
If it's not for a carbine, then a Garand is the only logical alternative.

Funny thing is, I was worried that maybe they lost my paperwork,
and so I prepared another set, got it notarized and all that.
Now I have the paperwork all ready, and I don't need it.
What if the envelope accidentally got stamped and slipped into the mail?
Why, in 2 months or so I'd have another one show up.
How would I ever deal with that?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least that's the story I would tell to an inquisitive wife.  Oh and you aren't supposed to sell these CMP rifles, goes against the "spirit of the program".  What I'd say anyway
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#13]
OP - I just shot in a Garand match - you should too.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:47:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, I plan on it.
Got an email response to an email question I sent last week. They said it should ship in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh, I plan on it.
Got an email response to an email question I sent last week. They said it should ship in the next week or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I plan on it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:27:29 AM EDT
[#16]
They just charged my credit card!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They just charged my credit card!!
View Quote

What the heck did you just bump past me

Did your account change in the e store
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#18]
First timer here with a few questions.  
I sent my order in about two weeks ago via snail mail.  At what point should I generally expect them to let me know they actually received the order?  Also, I have an e-store account I set up for getting some of the Greek ammo.  Is that where they post updates on the order or do they send emails too?  And what is DBU????  
Edit:  Also, are the service grades now coming through with new CMP wood?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I sent my order in about two weeks ago via snail mail.  At what point should I generally expect them to let me know they actually received the order?  Also, I have an e-store account I set up for getting some of the Greek ammo.  Is that where they post updates on the order or do they send emails too?  And what is DBU????  

View Quote

Some people never receive a DBU. This is the email telling you your order is received and will be shipped when it's your turn. Referred to as "Don't Bug Us" by lots of buyers. If you receive the DBU that basically tells to start watching your E-Store account for updates-contracting CMP is unlikely to yield more information than watching your E-Store page.

And yes, most service grades are shipping out with new wood. Some are shipping with virgin GI barrels as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Picking up my M1Special tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Some people never receive a DBU. This is the email telling you your order is received and will be shipped when it's your turn. Referred to as "Don't Bug Us" by lots of buyers. If you receive the DBU that basically tells to start watching your E-Store account for updates-contracting CMP is unlikely to yield more information than watching your E-Store page.

And yes, most service grades are shipping out with new wood. Some are shipping with virgin GI barrels as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be very happy if mine came through that way with a Springfield receiver.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Looked at an M-1 today, for a friend who wants one . . . The LGS has a super nice one . . . totally rebuilt and refinished . . . new barrel, new wood, pristine cartouches, not a blem on it . . . probably unfired since the rebuild.

LGS claims he knows nothing about the gun (a consignment piece) but I suspect it is a CMP "Special Grade" rebuild that CMP gets about $1k for.  LGS is asking $1,700 which is way too much if it is, in fact, a CMP gun.

The rifle matches, almost exactly, the CMP description of their "special grade" rifle except for the fact that this particular weapon does not have a "new production" aftermarket barrel.  

CMP Special (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand Springfield or HRA receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture.
$1,030, Free Shipping, Allow 30-60 days for delivery.
View Quote

The barrel on this gun appears to be NOS, unfired, and is marked "SA 11-42" which fits right in line with the weapons serial number which is in the low two million range (late 1942 to early 1943).

Anybody ever seen a CMP "Special Grade" with a NOS original barrel instead of a "new production" aftermarket barrel ? ? ?

Probably should take this to the M1 forum or just send CMP their $25 research fee and let them tell me about it.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:00:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Took 7 1/2 weeks till I heard anything.
7 1/2 weeks till you hear from them too? About average from what I'm reading on the CMP forum.
Yes, e-store is where you check for updates.
DBU stands for Don't Bother Us, it's the first email you get notifying you that your paperwork was opened and you're on the waiting list, and don't call us, we'll call you.
No idea about Service grades, I got a special grade.
CMP forums seem to indicate that some are coming with new stocks. Send them an email asking for GI wood, if you want it. Maybe you will get it, maybe you won't?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:11:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Being delivered tomorrow
Pics to follow.
Serial # 4797xxx
HRA from the 1950's? Their ser# range started at 46600001

This is almost as bad as BRD.
I need one of each Mfr now...

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Being delivered tomorrow
Pics to follow.
Serial # 4797xxx
HRA from the 1950's? Their ser# range started at 46600001

This is almost as bad as BRD.
I need one of each Mfr now...

View Quote

Walking the mile walking the Garand mile
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yee haw!
View Quote

This isn't very reassuring.

It took you almost two months to get your DBU. I sent my paperwork in on April, 5th so I'm looking at a DBU email sometime in June/July. I am saddened by this.

Congrats on your DBU though, don't forget to post pics when you get it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#27]
It's here and it's beautiful.
HRA receiver, dark walnut-ish stock
I'm at work so I can't take pics yet.
Got muffs and a .30 cal can full of clips in the vehicle.
Heading to the range at lunch
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looked at an M-1 today, for a friend who wants one . . . The LGS has a super nice one . . . totally rebuilt and refinished . . . new barrel, new wood, pristine cartouches, not a blem on it . . . probably unfired since the rebuild.

LGS claims he knows nothing about the gun (a consignment piece) but I suspect it is a CMP "Special Grade" rebuild that CMP gets about $1k for.  LGS is asking $1,700 which is way too much if it is, in fact, a CMP gun.

The rifle matches, almost exactly, the CMP description of their "special grade" rifle except for the fact that this particular weapon does not have a "new production" aftermarket barrel.  

The barrel on this gun appears to be NOS, unfired, and is marked "SA 11-42" which fits right in line with the weapons serial number which is in the low two million range (late 1942 to early 1943).

Anybody ever seen a CMP "Special Grade" with a NOS original barrel instead of a "new production" aftermarket barrel ? ? ?

Probably should take this to the M1 forum or just send CMP their $25 research fee and let them tell me about it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

CMP Special (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand Springfield or HRA receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture.
$1,030, Free Shipping, Allow 30-60 days for delivery.

That rifle is either end-user rebarreled or a CMP service with NOS barrel. A less likely possibility is that it sould be a"Service Grade Special" from a few years ago. These were usually all correct metal but came in with bad wood so the stocks were replaced. In any case, $1700 is high, even for LGS prices.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, wait, you can go to the fucking range at lunch, but you can't take some cell phone pics and upload them with the photobucket app?

Time for the hammer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would be very happy if mine came through that way with a Springfield receiver.  
View Quote

Mine did, very nice shooter. The only thing keeping it from looking like a Special is the triggerguard was not reparked(didn't need it, but it's clearly old finish while the rest of the rifle is redone)3.6 million SN range, production near the end of WWII(late enough it probably didn't get issued until after).
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#31]
When ordering from the CMP, is a military ID sufficient to meet all of the requirements? From reading their website it appears as though it would meet the requirements for proof of citizenship, membership in an affiliated organization, and marksmanship or other firearms related activity.  I'm just looking to order some ammo. If I fax or email the ID in, how does it get associated with my order??
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sage International makes a pretty nice stock for the Garand.

http://i.imgur.com/NXA6JrH.jpg
View Quote

Oh you!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
When ordering from the CMP, is a military ID sufficient to meet all of the requirements? From reading their website it appears as though it would meet the requirements for proof of citizenship, membership in an affiliated organization, and marksmanship or other firearms related activity.  I'm just looking to order some ammo. If I fax or email the ID in, how does it get associated with my order??
View Quote

Fax won't work, you still need the notarized purchaser form.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So, wait, you can go to the fucking range at lunch, but you can't take some cell phone pics and upload them with the photobucket app?

Time for the hammer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Time for the hammer.

No cell reception at the range. It's in a canyon between 2 mountains.
Besides, I've been mocked for my poor county-issued iPotato pic skilz.
Wood is darker and more uniform than this full sun pic makes it appear
Very nice, very happy, functions perfect with 4 clips thru it so far - it was a lunch break after all.
Even hit the 300 yard plate a few times.

Indoors

Springfield Bolt

Op rod either a national match, or made in New Mexico?

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Moar pics
op rod

trigger group

nice touch
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Very nice-but I hope you greased it and didn't shoot it dry. Pics don't show any signs of grease.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#37]

Nice.
Hope all you guys getting your Garands will post pictures here.  I probably won't get mine for about 3+ months at least so until then it's going to have to be threads like this and the brand new package of handy wipes to get me through the waiting period.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nice.
Hope all you guys getting your Garands will post pictures here.  I probably won't get mine for about 3+ months at least so until then it's going to have to be threads like this and the brand new package of handy wipes to get me through the waiting period.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Nice.

You can always get a Special to hold you over like I did They are shipping right away. Mine was 3 weeks mailbox to door.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Very nice-but I hope you greased it and didn't shoot it dry. Pics don't show any signs of grease.
View Quote

Nope, it was well greased from the CMP, so I wiped off some grease for pics, then greased it back up.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I wish I had an H&R.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Nope, it was well greased from the CMP, so I wiped off some grease for pics, then greased it back up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good. Mine came bone dry, and that seems common with service grades. Thankfully I already had several grease pots and shot mine the day I unpacked it too.

ETA-just put in an order on the Estore for a bayonet, likely the first of several. I want one of the 16"ers for my 03A3 but can't quite justify the $200 yet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good. Mine came bone dry, and that seems common with service grades. Thankfully I already had several grease pots and shot mine the day I unpacked it too.

ETA-just put in an order on the Estore for a bayonet, likely the first of several. I want one of the 16"ers for my 03A3 but can't quite justify the $200 yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I ordered a 10" M1 bayonet from CMP this morning, along with a rear sight cover I'll have engraved with "7.62"
I already have a Danish M5 bayonet, but, well, one can't have too many.
This is like BRD all over again.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wish I had an H&R.
View Quote

And I wish I could buy Breda receivers for $50.
You have the NDP, we have the Obama/Clintom Cartel.
There's always greener grass on the other side.

Bring the Italian girlfriends and Bimba down, and you can shoot her.
I've named her April for obvious reasons

Crabby is of course more than welcome, but with no snow to shovel, I have no idea what she'd do for entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Nice
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:29:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
7 weeks, no word.
typical for me.

View Quote

you should have been doing that every so often after the first order went in the mail

like you should do with NFA stamps, that way after the initial hurt there's always one rolling in and it doesn't feel like as long a wait
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah, I ordered a 10" M1 bayonet from CMP this morning, along with a rear sight cover I'll have engraved with "7.62"
I already have a Danish M5 bayonet, but, well, one can't have too many.
This is like BRD all over again.
View Quote

The bayonet I ordered has already shipped, so at least something is processing fast.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top